PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 2/19 Race 8

Bubba X
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Interesting 3 yo n1x race going 9f. $3mil+ Dunkirk even money. Alma D'oro first time Dutrow. Warriors Reward - rare Wilkes debut winner gets Borel to fly in. More than Willing ran decent vs Old Fashioned.

A few potential in here. About 8 mtp.

Nacumi
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
For the big, long-striding grey Dunkirk, by 5. In stark contrast to Old Fashioned, this one loped along off the pace for 9F, and closed with action that looks like he might enjoy going even longer.
I finally have a grey horse I can get behind now. :) Let's hope he comes out of it well. Didn't look like he broke much of a sweat in this one.

jballscalls
02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
For the big, long-striding grey Dunkirk, by 5. In stark contrast to Old Fashioned, this one loped along off the pace for 9F, and closed with action that looks like he might enjoy going even longer.
I finally have a grey horse I can get behind now. :) Let's hope he comes out of it well. Didn't look like he broke much of a sweat in this one.

he was very wide the first turn, impressive run, lots of room to keep getting better too.

supercap
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
he was very wide the first turn, impressive run, lots of room to keep getting better too.
Looks like pletcher finally has a legit Derby hopeful, he was 5 maybe 6 wide on the first turn and drew off easily!!

onefast99
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
He was two feet from the parking lot! Nice horse for 3.7m

supercap
02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
He was two feet from the parking lot! Nice horse for 3.7m

A little directionaly challenged ,but probably the best in Florida right now!

Robert Fischer
02-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Dunkirk is looking good.

Hero's Reward also ran a decent race.

point given
02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
You forgot to mention that Garret Gomez flew in from Cali to take the mount for an allowance race. JR is in Dubai but didnot ride him before. Wondering where Pletcher will spot him for his stakes debut, Florida Derby , Tampa Derby ? Louisiana ?

supercap
02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
You forgot to mention that Garret Gomez flew in from Cali to take the mount for an allowance race. JR is in Dubai but didnot ride him before. Wondering where Pletcher will spot him for his stakes debut, Florida Derby , Tampa Derby ? Louisiana ?

He was quoted that he is going to the Florida derby

Watcher
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Here's a link to the YouTube video of this race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ats_-JdSFu8