PDA

View Full Version : GP turf rail moved again

lansdale
02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
The rail on the GP turf course moved from 48 to 72 ft. today. Look for speed.

Robert Fischer
02-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Today rail is 72 feet - except for race9 the GradeII Mac Diarmida Stakes which is on the HEDGE. 0feet

Wonder if being out 82 feet was part of the deal to bring in Kip Deville for the GP Turf Handicap - considering IEAH owned the two big names Kip Deville and Court Vision. ;)

lansdale
02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Today rail is 72 feet - except for race9 the GradeII Mac Diarmida Stakes which is on the HEDGE. 0feet

Wonder if being out 82 feet was part of the deal to bring in Kip Deville for the GP Turf Handicap - considering IEAH owned the two big names Kip Deville and Court Vision. ;)

Thanks for heads-up on GP rail. Wouldn't be at all surprised if your speculation about GP Turf Handicap were true. That should help Always First to possibly hit the board today, but still see Spice Route taking this, with maybe Mr. Sidney hitting the board at a price.

Cheers,

lansdale

Robert Fischer
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
That should help Always First to possibly hit the board today, but still see Spice Route taking this, with maybe Mr. Sidney hitting the board at a price.

Agree that Always First could benefit here. Silver Mountain could also clunk up for 3rd or the dime super at a big price.

Robert Fischer
02-21-2009, 05:19 PM
good call on mr. sidney.

wow Presious Passion showed a ton of heart

cj
02-21-2009, 08:42 PM

The rail is left in the same position for the week. It was moved to 0 feet for the stake today because otherwise the start would be too close to the turn for that specific distance.

alhattab
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
The rail is left in the same position for the week. It was moved to 0 feet for the stake today because otherwise the start would be too close to the turn for that specific distance.

You know I don't think the rail is even moved. If I saw it right on my computer the outer rail for the Mac Diarmida seemed to be the inner rail for the other races. I thought a little strange if true- only 72 foot width- which would seem to favor speed even more through tighter turn and narrow width. I hadn't considered in handicapping the race.

Robert Fischer
02-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Thanks, That makes sense.
no "Kip Conspiracy" necessary. :ThmbUp: It's a constant learning process with these rails lol.

Also confirm Alhattab's observation of them running between rail placements today. "Narrowness" was not a factor in the race today, the field of horses had plenty of room at each turn, although it did look a little different.

...I still prefer the hedge for Graded Stakes:p

lansdale
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
good call on mr. sidney.

wow Presious Passion showed a ton of heart

RF,

I like to watch races over 10f but rarely make a bet - you can see why :-). I believe they depend more on a grasp of fundamental handicapping principles, a weak area for me, than the pace methods I use. That said, I really pegged Presious Passion as a need-to-lead type who would fade in a tough battle with Quasicobra, leaving the door open for Spice Route. That he was able to wire the field after fairly brisk early fractions suggests to me either that he is much better than he appears, or more likely, that GP is even more speed-biased than I thought.

Cheers,

lansdale