PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Wed. 2/18

JohnnyBatTBD
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Prime Wager Results.11-29(38%) -$11.60(11-3-6) (69% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....14-46(31%) -$13.20 (14-9-4) (59% ITM)

On Tuesday, I had no prime or soft selections. Among my contenders only selections, I had the winner of the nightcap, Ryder Jax, who paid $3.00. In the other nine races, my selections either won or were ITM in every race, but nothing clicked for me today. So it goes…

Wednesday’s selections:

1st – Contenders Only – Tenuous Tripp (2) is the only filly possessing both the forwardly racing running style and the figs (however sub-par they may be) to get home first. Exacta Key Box 2/1,6,10 and Trifectas 2/5,7,12/1,6,10

2nd - Contenders Only – Whatsuptiger (3) was close to par in second start for Rick Slomkowski who has 38% winners this season. Starship Sprinkles (8) debut was over at the break when she was bumped, pinched back and forced to the outside for racing room. Raced well following the bad start and was well backed in that one. Expect improvement today. Exacta Key Box 3/2,8,10 and Trifectas 8,12/3/2,10

3rd – Contenders Only – TT Gourmet (2) had best effort since breaking maiden in last. Between Us (5) fig in last on dirt was better than any of these. Bennett is 70% ITM with rightbacks and 68% ITM with stretchouts. Saucon Meadow (6) bet down in last four and couldn’t get it done. Switch to RoHo offers last chance for Saucon Meadow to get it done before I abandon her. Exacta Box 2,5,6 and Trifectas 2/1,4/5,6

4th – Contenders Only – Crazy Truth (6) has everything going for him. Already posted an above par fig at the route. Was repectable first time over in sprint on off track. Adds Lasix today. Carlos Montalvo has the return call. Ohnoitshimagain (4) and One Eyed Sailor (5) have energy distribution numbers that are towards the low end of the range for 8.18F, a good sign. Exacta Key Box 6/4,5 and Trifectas 6/2,3,7/4,5

5th – Contenders Only – Tarheel Gal (3), a confirmed marathon runner had a final fraction of 12 seconds in last at 10 furlongs. She fits well here and seeks smallest purse in her brief career. Exacta Key Box 3/1,7,8

6th – Contenders Only – Brooks Star (2) comes back to earth after facing tough SALW company in last, including Ruby’s Red Socks, Pirate King and Safe Play, winners of a combined 46 races between the three of them. Brooks Star is always trying and was very close to par two back. Many Mesas (6) last on off track is excused. Has already posted an above par win. Must have been shot from a cannon in 1/26 work, going the 4F from the gate in a full second above par for such works. Exacta Box 2,6 and Trifectas 2.6/All/2,6

7th – Contenders Only – A Curious Lady (4) was beaten by Taking Stock (6) six weeks ago, but came back two weeks later to just miss at today’s distance with a par performance. A Curious Lady is now 5-5 ITM at Tam. Cibelli/Lopez team is 3-5 ITM. Beautiful Rainbows (8) was beaten by Carolsbeentaukin (9) on 1/10 but Cibelli has had some time to work with her new charge and improvement is expected this afternoon. The Cibelli/Gonzalez team is 17-30 ITM. Repeating is not one of Granitz’s strong points. Exacta Key Box 4/6,8 and Trifectas 4,6,8/1,9/4,6,8

8th – Contenders Only – Sweet Apple Betty (2) was well above par at the distance in last and figures to continue improving but may struggle (along with Magna Heart) on the inside. Exacta Box 4,5,8 and Saver Exactas 2/4,5,8

9th – Contenders Only – Castles in the Sky was beaten by the classy Boots Are Walking ($374K LT) in last after that one was taken off the grass. Recent grass efforts have been extraordinary. Will be giving his all again today for Ness and Centeno. Exacta Key 8/3,11,12 and Trifectas 8/1,3,4/1,3,4

10th – Contenders Only – Glass Blower (4) was above par in 7 of last 10, Cruise lost Glass Blower to Andrade, claimed him back next time out. Noguera lost her bug on Glass Blower last summer, was in the irons in last at GP, and gets the call again today. Gravity brings Glass Blower back to earth after unwarranted attempt in N$Y. Mucho Dinero (11) has nowhere to go but up. Tricks of Glory (10), the veteran campaigner, was above par in last and still has it. An honest to goodness horse for the course. (Exacta Key Box 4/5,10,11 and Trifectas 4,11/3,5,10/4,11

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.