PDA

View Full Version : today's trades

lamboguy
02-18-2009, 09:13 AM
i have to think we are going to have a monster rally in the equties led by the yen, buying QLD 26.10 looking for 29..buying 14.80 looking for 16.50

good luck bisecting and disecting these markets

lamboguy
02-18-2009, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]i have to think we are going to have a monster rally in the equties led by the yen, buying QLD 26.10 looking for 29..buying 14.80 looking for 16.50

good luck bisecting and disecting these markets[/QUOT

out uvm 14.32 -.48

out qld 25.68 -.42

toetoe
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
D'OH !!!

I just noticed that the thread's title is NOT "Today's Tirades."

I was about to let 'er rip. :blush: .

lamboguy
02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
still have an upward bias today

buying URE @ 3.03 or better stop will be 2.79

all trades are for the day only, stops must be respected at all times.

lamboguy
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
out URE 2.88 - 15

this is one brutal game also!!

RaceBookJoe
02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
out URE 2.88 - 15

this is one brutal game also!!

You are correct...this can be a brutal game....but you get a ton of credit for posting your trades here. Not sure what you look for before you make a trade, maybe you can explain it. Also...i believe PA trades the Eminis...maybe he can explain what he does also. I have been in and out of DXD quite a bit...also keep my eye on RIMM and AAPL every day. I mainly look for overreactions/corrections...but many times it still feels like guessing. :bang:

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2009, 05:56 PM
I am trading ES, TY (10year T-notes) and EC (EuroFX) at the moment. I'm thinking of dumping EC because I just can't seem to get a handle on it...plus I believe the relative lack of volume is causing me issues.

lamboguy
02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
i trade with many different systems. i follow wycoff. i use price and volumes at swingpoints, and i also use fibornacci for price projections..

lately i have only been trading the etf's. i am sticking with the proshares as apposed to the direxional's.

no matter what your system, the most important thing is money management. those that don't use money management will get croaked.

i am surprised that no one has criticized me here after 3 straight losing trades.

long tomorrow again after a test of today's lows if volume comes in light on the test.

i have been long gold, but it certainly looks like its going down now!

lamboguy
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
volume really not correct on the downdraft yesterday. as i post the s+p's are down about 17 points. i fully expect the market to flip around today and go topside. for those that have been following me for years know what i mean. today is option expiration day and that imply's lots of volume and volitility.

i am going long the sso @ 18.63 or better with a stop @ 18.21.

lamboguy
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
volume really not correct on the downdraft yesterday. as i post the s+p's are down about 17 points. i fully expect the market to flip around today and go topside. for those that have been following me for years know what i mean. today is option expiration day and that imply's lots of volume and volitility.

i am going long the sso @ 18.63 or better with a stop @ 18.21.

sorry late post, closed out trade today @19.07 +.44

back monday, still long bias even after today

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Thank God I didn't drop EC yet...yes, I was long going into that monster today.

What do you call it when a currency has been tracking one way forever, then all of a sudden, it reverses itself out of nowhere?

For the longest time, the Euro would track the S&P...if the S&P went down, the Euro went down against the dollar....if the S&P went up, the Euro went up...

Today, everything changed.
(Can you tell by my question that fundamentals and basics aren't my strong suit?):lol:

lamboguy
02-20-2009, 08:19 PM
lately strong yen= strong s+p. supposedly because of the carry trade. fundemental's don't mean a bloody thing these days, it's all about how much volitility can be derived pushing from one side to the other. if they can't bust it up they will bust it down. its hard to figure out the supply and demand curve these days.

lamboguy
02-23-2009, 09:14 AM
i am not going to make any entries this morning because there is to much risk in them.

maybe another update around 12:30 today monday

lamboguy
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
long QLD for last hour of trading @ 23.63.........stop 23.42

lamboguy
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
stopped out in 5 minutes -.21

ddog
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
lambo,

you had it right the other day, just wait till bama or one of the other stooges get ready to speak and short everything.

the more they talk , the more people understand they are in deep do-do.

i don't play the currencies but i would think the euro is going to get killed one of these days.

I think the EU is going to have to bail out banks larger than the countries some of those banks are in.

other guys are going to have to fork it over bigtime.

:eek:

lamboguy
02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
the markets have been declining on very light volume and are quite oversold now. but one thing i know is that markets can get more oversold.

no trades this morning, gonna look for some entry point latter today on the long side again. i jsut can't go short with this type of volume staring me in the face.