PDA

View Full Version : Turfway Park Prez Radio Interview...Talks of closing Tracks

JustRalph
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
click for radio interview (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/CINCINNATI-OH/WLW-AM/090217_2_cunningham.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=CINCINNATI-OH&NG_FORMAT=newstalk&SITE_ID=1209&STATION_ID=WLW-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=700WLW&PCAST_CAT=Talk_Radio&PCAST_TITLE=Bill_Cunningham_On_Demand)

Listen past the first break to hear about River Downs going out of business

* no commercials in this link

cosmo96
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't often agree with Cunningham. But, he is right on target when it comes to helping the Ohio and Kentucky tracks. I urge all race fans in these two states to write their governors, and request that they allow video slots at the tracks. A racetrack is an awful thing to lose.

Valupix
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
My guess with video slots now making serious rounds in the state congress. This is more or less a ploy.

Ploy or not. It will do nothing for horseplayers. Horsemen yes, but not players. It will actually give them even more reason to ignore horseplayers. As hard a it is to believe they could take less care of us. This will do it. When they make there money from some other source, we will only be in the way.

Take care of me and my fellow horseplayers and after some healing time, they will make money. (as long as the horsemen allow them to do so without taking every gain they find)