PDA

View Full Version : IS IT TIME NOW?

pktruckdriver
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
It is time now , right:jump:

I listened to a Satellite Radio Show and was being told that we would have a Triple Crown Winner this year. :confused:

Do you guys and Gals too, Joan, think this can be done.

I even heard the horse's name too, Pioneer of the Nile :)

If this is true then how should I play my Superfecta this year?

Pioneer of the Nile

then

Midshipman/Quality Road/Old Fashioned

then

All and All

How much is that by the way, just curious.

Man it is so good to be fired up again, hopefully this year I get the super, and then can take a week or 2 off.

PS: Let it be that no horses go down this year and all horses stay fit to run this year, that would be better than hitting the Super, really it would:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Patrick

joanied
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
It is time now , right:jump:

I listened to a Satellite Radio Show and was being told that we would have a Triple Crown Winner this year. :confused:

Do you guys and Gals too, Joan, think this can be done.

I even heard the horse's name too, Pioneer of the Nile :)

If this is true then how should I play my Superfecta this year?

Pioneer of the Nile

then

Midshipman/Quality Road/Old Fashioned

then

All and All

How much is that by the way, just curious.

Man it is so good to be fired up again, hopefully this year I get the super, and then can take a week or 2 off.

PS: Let it be that no horses go down this year and all horses stay fit to run this year, that would be better than hitting the Super, really it would:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Patrick

Oh, it would be so nice to predict a Triple Crown winner, Patrick...think about the last several years, we've come soooooo close...especially Real Quiet...lost the Triple Crown by a whisker:(

Whoever, on that radio show, predicted a TC winner this year is really just blowing smoke (and what kind of smoke, who knows:D )....every year someone says...this is the one...he'll take the TC....NOT!!!!

IMO...Pioneerof The Nile is a extremely talented colt...and he's got the right trainer...but he hasn't touched a dirt track yet, and unless Baffert cahnges his mine, Pioneer won't feel dirt until Derby week...I have never doubted Baffert's judgment, but in this case, I have to wonder why he won't try this colt on dirt long before Derby Day.

I can't help you with your handicapping...but no doubt, someone will jump in to 'help' you out.

IF we have a TC winner this year, there are only 2 trainers I'd want to see win it that would fill my heart with joy...Larry Jones, for all the obvious reasons, and good 'ol' Baffert...because he came soooooo close...twice.

pktruckdriver
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
It seems that other than Midshipman, God I hate seeing them fall off the Derby Trail, but adding I Want Revenge in his place should be easy enough, no?

I am hoping to ride this picks all the way thru , any feed back on them?

Thanks

Patrick

whyhorseofcourse
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Unless somebody really steps up I highly doubt it..
A different winner of each triple crown race is probably whats going to happen.

joanied
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
It seems that other than Midshipman, God I hate seeing them fall off the Derby Trail, but adding I Want Revenge in his place should be easy enough, no?

I am hoping to ride this picks all the way thru , any feed back on them?

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick...whyhorseofcourse is predicting a different colt will win each leg of the Crown...he may be right...but, there is no reason not to wish, hope and look foward to a Triple Crown winner...I always do, every year...it's bound to happen again:jump:
Right now, every weekend there is a prep race, and a horse wins big...he is the one...until another horse wins big...then he's the one...IMO, so far, there are several that could win the Derby...what we want is a colt that can go all the way...my heart is set on Old Fashioned...everyone here has an opinion... for some of us it's based on the numbers...some of us, well...yours truly, look at other things...race record of course...Duh...pedigree and the overall look of the horse in question...'The Look'...all champions seem to have it...that 'air' about them, they way they walk...full of confidence....a certain 'gleam' in their eyes...and for me, again, being quite sentimental...the human connnection plays a part too...I'd love to see Baffert win the Triple Crown...he'd make it such a party, it'd be so much fun, and he deserves it...no one has come as close as he did (not counting Big Brown because of the Belmont fiasco), only to see it vanish in a split second...and Larry Jones, who is one of the most wonderful men in racing, as we all know...so deserves to win the Derby...and IMO, either Pioneerof The Nile or Old Fashioned could very well be Triple Crown horses...so you see, Patrick...it's such a wonderul ride we all take this time of the year.
There will be injuries, horses will be pulled out of training, like Midshipman, and that is such a shame...but for those who make it into the starting gate first Saturday in May...we wish them all a safe trip and we wish US all a Triple Crown winner.

Hang in there:)