PDA

View Full Version : General Quarters looks like he is for real

Moyers Pond
02-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe it is because he was the only ticket I cashed yesterday, but this horse sure did look impressive. Ran a 100 beyer and looked pretty legit. So far his effort yesterday is the most impressive thing I have seen from any 3yr old.

I wonder if the big money guys line up to buy him before the derby.

Wickel
02-16-2009, 06:32 PM
I thought A.P. Cardinal ran decently in a race he probably needed. He set a moderate pace and nearly clipped heels about midstretch. Watch next time.

sandpit
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I walked hots and was a groom in a barn that was shared with Tom McCarthy back in the early 90s. Nicest guy you would ever want to meet; he had just a couple of horses then too and every once and a while I would walk one for him when his help didn't show. Here's hoping his horse can take him a long way on the Derby Trail, it would be one of the best "little guy" stories of all time.

nijinski
02-17-2009, 12:30 AM
The Ramsey's put him in for a 20k tag first out. Front bandages in his last four or so races .While it would be nice to see him go for the Roses,IMO bet
him now while he's peaking he just does not seem to be a derby contender and he will need to prove himself with a better bunch and over the long haul.