PDA

View Full Version : Hot rod Mindale

mrroyboy
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Are we going with Hot Rod Mindale today John?

LottaKash
02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Are we going with Hot Rod Mindale today John?

Hard to say Roy, his pace numbers put him right into the thick of it.....I don't think you will get an advantageous price on him.....I believe he is still a work in progress.....and, I still wonder about him, tho, I still think he is best....

There are a couple of other horses in here that can gum up the works.....The #10 THE QUIET VILLAGE, a fresh import from Austrailia was awesome in his debut last week vs. much cheaper....The fractions in that race were silly compared to what is in here today, but he made is look so ez in winning his first start on U.S. soil....He could be anything..??...And #6-CAPITAL ADVISOR, granted he had an ez trip in his last race, but he is a new horse for his past 2 races, vs cheaper, and his pace numbers put him squarely in this race, and if he improves on those numbers, he will be tough.....plus there are a couple of others that are flirting with coming good form.....

If the price is low, then no play, and if it is high, then I would wonder about his fitness, especially if there is a significant play on another horse or two...

I could easily just watch this one.....

best,

mrroyboy
02-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Ok pass.

JBmadera
02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I wonder what ya'll (John, Ray, SB, Bit, Roy, etc, etc) think about Western Outfitter in this race....perhaps he moves forward? Also, I'm thinking about using Bolero Taishi unless he gets hammered again.

thx,

JB

The Bit
02-15-2009, 01:28 PM
JB,

I think Western Outfitter would have to move WAY forward to contend here. The NFL open horses ( Aside from Lite Me Up, he contends at some higher levels ) are mid-level condition competitors when they ship to the Meadows. So, considering that and the quality of this field, I think he is overmatched. I thought it was the most wide open field of the day and I could make a case for 6 or 7 of them, including two at 15/1 M/L odds.

LottaKash
02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I wonder what ya'll (John, Ray, SB, Bit, Roy, etc, etc) think about Western Outfitter in this race....perhaps he moves forward? Also, I'm thinking about using Bolero Taishi unless he gets hammered again.

thx,

JB

Hey JBM, in his first start this year, he chased some torrid middle fractions, and proved that he couldn't run with them at the end of his mile.....If he improves off of that effort than he will do better....but, I don't think that they will put his number up today, tho...

Hey he is young, but that is not enough, they are all young...and, you can only go by how well a horse is doing as of late, and he is not doing that well, so far....

best

toetoe
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
If I may weigh in ...

HRM looks huge in here, perfect post, torrid driver and all. Of course, he and QV look like the exactor (that means perfecta ;) ), and I predict that they will be chalk-1 and chalk-2.

Whaddayagunnadew ? (:Shrugs.)

JBmadera
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
JB,

I think Western Outfitter would have to move WAY forward to contend here. The NFL open horses ( Aside from Lite Me Up, he contends at some higher levels ) are mid-level condition competitors when they ship to the Meadows. So, considering that and the quality of this field, I think he is overmatched. I thought it was the most wide open field of the day and I could make a case for 6 or 7 of them, including two at 15/1 M/L odds.

you guys all make good points - I think I am reaching so like Roy the race will be a pass for me....I am playing smooth muscles here in r5 if he stays close to 5-1...

Ray2000
02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Western Outfitter ....front end type wins won't get it done here.
Bolero .....couldn't best Hot Rod last week, should improve but not enough.

Trouble with this race is the big unknowns on the 10. Usually I would salivate over 2 time lasix after prior week's 4thQ time of 26-1 but... I pass. Pandy's remarks on this horse are absolutely 'right on' about protecting the bettor!

JBmadera
02-15-2009, 02:44 PM
you guys all make good points - I think I am reaching so like Roy the race will be a pass for me....I am playing smooth muscles here in r5 if he stays close to 5-1...

Dang, he wins but goes off at 3-1 so no bet......:ThmbDown:

The Bit
02-15-2009, 02:50 PM
#9 Roll Call is grossly overlaid at 29-1. He may not win, but he doesn't need to be 29-1.

The Bit
02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
lol He finally wins when all you guys opt off.

toetoe
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Boy, that was a strong zack tore. Easy winner, easy placer. :ThmbUp:

Sometimes these pay well, too. With no prior knowledge, I will predict an exactor of $30-plus for $2.

toetoe
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
20.7/1 on that exacta ?!? Wow; nicely, nicely.