PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain to me

Mineshaft
02-14-2009, 05:13 PM
why Wayne Rice ran Players List in the Sam Davis Grade 2 race at Tampa Bay today?

Dude should have his license taken away for 5 years for that stupidity.

jballscalls
02-14-2009, 06:32 PM
the horse was 171 to 1 and with probably 200k in the win pool, that meant that there was actually some money bet on this thing to win.

those are the people who should get their license to bet taken away!!

actually nevermind, we need the customers

supercap
02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
why Wayne Rice ran Players List in the Sam Davis Grade 2 race at Tampa Bay today?

Same reason Breen ran Coffee in Bed in the filly race Absolutely no shot in that race yet still runs her at least he had the common sense to scratch the other half of the entry maybe run her in the kentucky Oaks. . Atomic Rain ran just as well. I guess it is a good idea he is keeping his two derby hopefuls apart ,this way he can get embarressed twice as much! he needs to stick to 2 year old msp at monmouth park . That is his specialty!

alhattab
02-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Same reason Breen ran Coffee in Bed in the filly race Absolutely no shot in that race yet still runs her at least he had the common sense to scratch the other half of the entry maybe run her in the kentucky Oaks. . Atomic Rain ran just as well. I guess it is a good idea he is keeping his two derby hopefuls apart ,this way he can get embarressed twice as much! he needs to stick to 2 year old msp at monmouth park . That is his specialty!

Boom Town Sally was scratched at the gate. It was not a voluntary scratch. Have a clue before you post next time.

macguy
02-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Might have something to do with the fact that (according to the Equibase Chart) the horse earned $8500 just for showing up.

I would think that would have something to do with the Florida Owner Breeder Association Fund.

For a guy who apparently only won 3 races from 45 starts last year, the money probably came in handy.

jotb
02-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Guess Rice felt he had a shot against this bunch since he ran against THIS ONES FOR PHIL (117 Beyer) the race before. Is this horse still a maiden?

Relwob Owner
02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Boom Town Sally was scratched at the gate. It was not a voluntary scratch. Have a clue before you post next time.

Easy fella.....I may spend the rest of the day researching your posts to see if you have ever made a mistake....get over yourself

Mineshaft
02-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Guess Rice felt he had a shot against this bunch since he ran against THIS ONES FOR PHIL (117 Beyer) the race before. Is this horse still a maiden?

Yes still a Maiden

alhattab
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Easy fella.....I may spend the rest of the day researching your posts to see if you have ever made a mistake....get over yourself

I hope you enjoyed yourself. Facts are a bitch sometimes aren't they.

supercap
02-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Yea , you are right I have no clue, Kinda sounds like Breen! That makes the entry into the race even more perplexing.
And such an oversight on my part, how could I not know she was a scratch at the gate! Shame on me. I promise not to post unless I am clued in!

supercap
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I hope you enjoyed yourself. Facts are a bitch sometimes aren't they.
Read alot of yor posts. Easy to see why you rail others, you have nothing to say. Maybe you should learn how to post something worth reading rather than criticizing everything you read. Put some of your bitterness to good use!

alhattab
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Read alot of yor posts. Easy to see why you rail others, you have nothing to say. Maybe you should learn how to post something worth reading rather than criticizing everything you read. Put some of your bitterness to good use!

Oh come on now. This is a low blow. My only recent bitter and critical posts relate to a trainer complaining about shipping from Calder to Gulfstream, and of course yours which was warranted. And I've made some informative posts I believe. I'm hurt by your remarks.

If you're going to rip someone, at least have your facts straight. Otherwise your criticism lacks credibility.

supercap
02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh come on now. This is a low blow. My only recent bitter and critical posts relate to a trainer complaining about shipping from Calder to Gulfstream, and of course yours which was warranted. And I've made some informative posts I believe. I'm hurt by your remarks.

If you're going to rip someone, at least have your facts straight. Otherwise your criticism lacks credibility.

Your scracth at the gate comment only made this trainer look worse,horse had issues and should not have made it that far. This trainer is constantly putting horses where they dont belong, that was the point. I appreciate you pointing out the fact it was a scratch at the gate ,as it made my argument stronger.

supercap
02-16-2009, 11:32 AM

You are correct , I gave the trainer kudos for scratching bts ,should have realized he is not that bright. So someone with some sense had her scratched. Do you know why she scratched? Besides be overmatched!

alhattab
02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Your scracth at the gate comment only made this trainer look worse,horse had issues and should not have made it that far. This trainer is constantly putting horses where they dont belong, that was the point. I appreciate you pointing out the fact it was a scratch at the gate ,as it made my argument stronger.

I don't know how you jump to your conclusion. In any event Breen does have a pretty good win % for someone misplacing his horses. Agree with you he probably racks up a lot of that at Mth vs. short fields. I wonder what his % is elsewhere.

Apparently you were in the significant minority in thinking Atomic Rain was ambitously placed on Saturday (I loved him). He was 5/2 after all. I hope you scored because taking the right contrarian view served you well in that race.

alhattab
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
You are correct , I gave the trainer kudos for scratching bts ,should have realized he is not that bright. So someone with some sense had her scratched. Do you know why she scratched? Besides be overmatched!

Not sure what happened. I believe the scratch was at the gate due to a gate problem, but not positive.

supercap
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know how you jump to your conclusion. In any event Breen does have a pretty good win % for someone misplacing his horses. Agree with you he probably racks up a lot of that at Mth vs. short fields. I wonder what his % is elsewhere.

Apparently you were in the significant minority in thinking Atomic Rain was ambitously placed on Saturday (I loved him). He was 5/2 after all. I hope you scored because taking the right contrarian view served you well in that race.

Breen wins every 2year old msp at monmouth, big fish little pond. He is a very good trainer of juveniles, but is sorely lacking when they turn three.
ex. keeneland kat, bold union. I thought the two gp horses were way overbet off an ordinary allw race at gulfstream the tampa horses had run well over that track and I thought huge overlays. I easily threw breen out ,and will continue until he shows me he can win a big 3 year old race.`

onefast99
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM

Breens win or in the money % elsewhere is horrific. He has had great success with 2 yo maidens at Monmouth park. Since then he has mustered a second in the Delta Jackpot with Westside bernie and won 2 maiden races at GP both claimers out of 14 attempts. The fact that Atomic rain was in this race makes me wonder why would you want to put your horse on this track, you train at palm meadows send the horse to Tampa for a week to get use to the surface and "fail to respond". Stay where you have a chance to get on the board.

supercap
02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Breens win or in the money % elsewhere is horrific. He has had great success with 2 yo maidens at Monmouth park. Since then he has mustered a second in the Delta Jackpot with Westside bernie and won 2 maiden races at GP both claimers out of 14 attempts. The fact that Atomic rain was in this race makes me wonder why would you want to put your horse on this track, you train at palm meadows send the horse to Tampa for a week to get use to the surface and "fail to respond". Stay where you have a chance to get on the board.

Thanks for the info, did not realize his % were so bad. I think the reason he sent Atomic Rain to tb, was to keep his two Derby hopefuls( more like derby pipe dreams) apart. Guy loves to give the drf quotes , maybe he should win something before mouthing off, but the fact is, he is going nowhere with these plugs! This aint monmouth park ,big boys show up for these races.

onefast99
02-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the info, did not realize his % were so bad. I think the reason he sent Atomic Rain to tb, was to keep his two Derby hopefuls( more like derby pipe dreams) apart. Guy loves to give the drf quotes , maybe he should win something before mouthing off, but the fact is, he is going nowhere with these plugs! This aint monmouth park ,big boys show up for these races.
If he has any shot it is with Westside bernie. He got a bad post in that race and finished up well. He will be in the Fl derby at the end of March. I'm sure barry is breaking in the new bunch of horses he bought in September and maybe he gets a contender with all of the money he has spent. He also has a Ghostzapper baby. You never know maybe money can buy you a Kentucky derby contender! The question is can this trainer win it?

supercap
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
If he has any shot it is with Westside bernie. He got a bad post in that race and finished up well. He will be in the Fl derby at the end of March. I'm sure barry is breaking in the new bunch of horses he bought in September and maybe he gets a contender with all of the money he has spent. He also has a Ghostzapper baby. You never know maybe money can buy you a Kentucky derby contender! The question is can this trainer win it?

If money can buy a Derby ,the sheiks would have a bunch of derbys. Maybe he should save all the money and buy a horse that someone else has trained .

onefast99
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
If money can buy a Derby ,the sheiks would have a bunch of derbys. Maybe he should save all the money and buy a horse that someone else has trained .
They did that with Big Puma, he must be on the farm for the winter.