PDA

View Full Version : Ranking bet processing

Gallop58
02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Apologies if this was already discussed within HANA, but had you given thought to separately ranking bet taking operations for bettor satisfaction (live racing betting,otb, phone, internet ADW, etc.)
I assume rebates would be a hot button issue, but other stuff would be interesting too. The reason I mention it is that it seems you could still do an objective evaluation, and then the only thing left would be the stuff some people seem to jump on like class of horses, color of the infield lake, whether trees are palm or coniferous, etc....
And since this is the internet, I thought what might be very interesting would be to make an official ranking to publish and stir the pot, but also give people a webtool to allow them to rank tracks with their own personal preferences. ie if you like being near the walking ring, but don't care about takeout you'd get one set of answers. If you play exotics at home and use free replays a lot, another set of answers.
A) this would end a lot of the chatter about not personally being aligned with someone else's ranking values. and
B) What this could lead to is a database of bettor or fan preferences if you got some basic info before you were allowed to play with the tool. You could even get them to rank their favourite tracks and see if what it turns out as most important is actually geographic proximity, even though they say takeout is most important.
This would put HANA in possession of valuable info and ensure an even better seat at the table.
Also, I would guess that you should be able to team up with a university somewhere to have a set of students do it as their project for free...
Just some thoughts from the cheap seats...Again, I'm not a card carrying member (yet), so I haven't followed all the details of the good work you are trying to do.
KH

LottaKash
02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Apologies if this was already discussed within HANA, but had you given thought to separately ranking bet taking operations for bettor satisfaction (live racing betting,otb, phone, internet ADW, etc.)
I assume rebates would be a hot button issue, but other stuff would be interesting too. The reason I mention it is that it seems you could still do an objective evaluation, and then the only thing left would be the stuff some people seem to jump on like class of horses, color of the infield lake, whether trees are palm or coniferous, etc....
And since this is the internet, I thought what might be very interesting would be to make an official ranking to publish and stir the pot, but also give people a webtool to allow them to rank tracks with their own personal preferences. ie if you like being near the walking ring, but don't care about takeout you'd get one set of answers. If you play exotics at home and use free replays a lot, another set of answers.
A) this would end a lot of the chatter about not personally being aligned with someone else's ranking values. and

B) What this could lead to is a database of bettor or fan preferences if you got some basic info before you were allowed to play with the tool. You could even get them to rank their favourite tracks and see if what it turns out as most important is actually geographic proximity, even though they say takeout is most important.
This would put HANA in possession of valuable info and ensure an even better seat at the table.
Also, I would guess that you should be able to team up with a university somewhere to have a set of students do it as their project for free...
Just some thoughts from the cheap seats...Again, I'm not a card carrying member (yet), so I haven't followed all the details of the good work you are trying to do.
KH

Join HANA, it is painless, ez, and FREE......:jump:

best,

Gallop58
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
-Groucho Marx :)

DeanT
02-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Those are good thoughts. Keep them coming!