PDA

View Full Version : Tansparent, huh?

Tom
02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
So far, everything has been done behind closed doors, not in the open, as Barry promised. They have the largest pork bill in history, and it not even printed yet, so no one really knows what is in it and what removed, yet they want to vote on it tonight, long before the public gets to scrutinize it.
We do know the House put in a requirement that all new hires be checked by E verify that they were citizens but the senate took that out, and plans to actually let the e verify program expire in March, which means employers will not be able to easily verify citizenship. Nice.

We also know both houses are chomping at the bit to get out for the Valentine's weekend, so rather than allow proper debate (and even reading!) of this bloated bill.

Btw, did you notice in the Obama alleged news conference, after each question, he asked where the next "reporter" was - in other words, all the questions and people were pre-seleceted and screened and all the questions known in advance. Yet some here still whine about Bush not allowing people into his town hall meetings! :lol:

ddog
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
So far, everything has been done behind closed doors, not in the open, as Barry promised. They have the largest pork bill in history, and it not even printed yet, so no one really knows what is in it and what removed, yet they want to vote on it tonight, long before the public gets to scrutinize it.
We do know the House put in a requirement that all new hires be checked by E verify that they were citizens but the senate took that out, and plans to actually let the e verify program expire in March, which means employers will not be able to easily verify citizenship. Nice.

We also know both houses are chomping at the bit to get out for the Valentine's weekend, so rather than allow proper debate (and even reading!) of this bloated bill.

Btw, did you notice in the Obama alleged news conference, after each question, he asked where the next "reporter" was - in other words, all the questions and people were pre-seleceted and screened and all the questions known in advance. Yet some here still whine about Bush not allowing people into his town hall meetings! :lol:

Valentines---

Most who are not hooked up to the MSM 24X7 still think of this as President's Day holiday.

bama notwithstanding.

whadda country.........

:lol:

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
What the hell is your problem Tom?

I can see right through him.....................

prospector
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
just heard they took out the cap on ceo pay as well...
government should not be setting salaries....till they lead by example..let them revise their benefits..that's where the pork is..

ddog
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah tOm, what is your problem?

DITTO ......

NJ Stinks
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
OK Tom. Let's see who Obama took questions from at his press conference.

1. AP - the biggest source of news in the U.S.

2. Reuters - claims to be "the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals." Since this news conference about the US economy which affects the rest of the world, what could be more appropriate?

3. CBS White House correspondent

4. Chief White House Correspondent forNBC

5. Bloomberg Press - claims to be a world-wide "source of information that drives decisions that moves billions of dollars every day."

6. ABC News White House Correspondent

7. CNN White House correspondent

8. A diplomatic correspondent for the New York Times

9. White House correspondent for the Fox News Channel

10. A Washington Post White House Reporter

11. "Helen Thomas, served as White House correspondent for United Press International for almost sixty years and has covered every president since Kennedy. She is the most senior member of the White House press corps and is commonly referred to as “The First Lady of the Press.” Helen is currently a syndicated columnist for Hearst Newspapers."

12. Political Reporter at the Huffington Post

13. The national political correspondent for NPR

Now about your observation: "all the questions and people were pre-seleceted and screened and all the questions known in advance. Yet some here still whine about Bush not allowing people into his town hall meetings!:lol: "

If you were just joking, I guess some might find it funny. Since I don't believe you were, I can only assume you have a wild imagination that plays tricks on you. :D

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Wait a min, he hasn't been joking ................

Newshound too????

OH My!!

Marshall Bennett
02-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I thought Helen Thomas was there because SNL was running short of material .

Tom
02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
NJ, thanks for confirming my post. :D

JustRalph
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
11. "Helen Thomas, served as White House correspondent for United Press International for almost sixty years and has covered every president since Kennedy. She is the most senior member of the White House press corps and is commonly referred to as “The First Lady of the Press.” Helen is currently a syndicated columnist for Hearst Newspapers."

She could have knocked me down..........when she said she was a liberal..... I would have never known :lol:

BLh9eBC_MgQ

These TV types don't care anymore. They don't hide behind doors screaming objectivity anymore.

boxcar
02-13-2009, 09:32 AM
She could have knocked me down..........when she said she was a liberal..... I would have never known :lol:

BLh9eBC_MgQ

These TV types don't care anymore. They don't hide behind doors screaming objectivity anymore.

Hmm...I wonder if any other reporter in the news media is a liberal and if they're biased? :rolleyes: Nah...can't be. They're all fair and balanced and would never think of slanting, spinning, embellishing or fabricating the news.

Boxcar

Lefty
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, Huffington Post. You kidding me, he takes a question from a freakin blog. A leftwing Blog that wants Bush brght up on war crime charges. And Helen Thomas who is now a columnist, not a reporter. Helen Believes all reporters should be liberal. And Helen who refers to terrorists as so called terrorists.
Yeah, those were a bunch of hard hitting reporters eh, what. He took a tougher question from a civilian woman in Ft Meyers and she got booed for her efforts. Obama is the President of the non inquiring mind...

ddog
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
the non inquiring mind...

lefty you are in rare form today!

rastajenk
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
... and she got booed for her efforts. She'll probably get more than that. A complete and public background check, tax history, and medical review is in her future, 'cause to dissent now is to be un-patriotic.

boxcar
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
She'll probably get more than that. A complete and public background check, tax history, and medical review is in her future, 'cause to dissent now is to be un-patriotic.

And racist.

Boxcar

Lefty
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
dog, I do what I can. now it's off to the race and sports book. I LOVE VEGAS!

delayjf
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
just heard they took out the cap on ceo pay as well...
government should not be setting salaries....till they lead by example..let them revise their benefits..that's where the pork is..
I'm not totally disagreeing with you - but if your company is taking Gov money to bail you out - then I have no problem with putting restrictions on CEO salary ESPECIALLY ANY BONASES. I also would like to see a law passed mandating that CEO Salaries be approved by the company shareholders and not the board of directors.

LutherCalvin
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Obama promises us "Transparency. Disclosure. Accountability. Hope. Change." Yeah, right.

ddog
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm not totally disagreeing with you - but if your company is taking Gov money to bail you out - then I have no problem with putting restrictions on CEO salary ESPECIALLY ANY BONASES. I also would like to see a law passed mandating that CEO Salaries be approved by the company shareholders and not the board of directors.

in most of the current cases if the proper course were being followed , these Ceo dudes would not need to worry about a salary cap or a bonus agreement, they would have been tossed out on the street for gross failure and plundering of shareholder value.

At that point, with their wonderful skill sets that were so well demonstrated they could find gainfull employment somewhere else.

At the top , the whole system of compensation stinks and is nothing more than a bunch of inbreds scratching each others backs.

The bonuses they have taken out should never be paid on the timeframe they were. gvt money or not.

That is just an invitation to take wild risks and get out with the money before the house burns down next year.

ddog
02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
dog, I do what I can. now it's off to the race and sports book. I LOVE VEGAS!

that's where all the inquiring minds hang or so I hear.

Lefty
02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
At least one. Guess who. aw, it's me. Sorry I spoiled it for ya.