PDA

View Full Version : DRF Results Members Only?

michiken
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Well it looks like DRF has done it again... Lock out everyone who won't register with the webstite to even get results or entries. PISS on them!

Way to reach out to your customers! Mark my words, this will be the end of the Daily Racing Form

:mad:

cj
02-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I just checked them without being logged in and with all cookies cleared without a problem.

Imriledup
02-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I just picked up a racing form for tomorrow at a newsstand. 5.95 was the price.

They are an evil magazine charging almost 6 bucks for past performances.

michiken
02-12-2009, 01:58 AM
CJ,

I just tried to access the website from both a windows and linux based computers with No luck using Firefox as my browser. I will try IE in the morning.

Either they are blocking my IP, state or browser but I still get the damn member login screen.

salty
02-12-2009, 02:08 AM
At least if you signup you can use the horse and trainer watchlist.

Tee
02-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Firefox does not work for me, I get the login prompt for everything.

IE a no-go as well.

Fred
02-12-2009, 06:26 AM
I just went to the site and sign in was required for entries/results

Freddy

Fred
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM
So sorry- I meant sign in was NOT required

SMOO
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I like BRISNET better anyways. :p

ezrabrooks
02-12-2009, 07:52 AM
No problem getting DRF Results... So, the end of DRF is not near?

Ez

SMOO
02-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I got the sign up page too, so I just deleted drf from my favorites & added EQUIBASE.COM as my results page.

banacek
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm on IE and I get the sign in page. Never had that before.

MickJ26
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm able to access all the features at drf.com

I'm using just a regular windows internet explorer.

The DRF has survived since 1894 and a simple computer glitch won't put it out of business.

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
People still use DRF?

BombsAway Bob
02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
People still use DRF?
only us old timers that are stuck in their ways, I guess...
I got some TVG "free" PP's last week..PUTRID!
As Comic Book Guys would say, "WORST PP's...EVER!"
http://www.mn12.org/images/misc/comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

michiken
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I used to like the fact that the DRF results were free. This way I could kind of keep up on my favorite tracks to see what the payouts were.... it was easier than logging into bris, and it was something to do over morning breakfast.

Well I also stooped down and tried IE and also got the login screen. I am going to follow smoo's lead and delete the bookmark.

Now I feel happy again. Goodbye DRF. You are just one of the reasons that this sport is in such sad shape.

SMOO
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I used to like the fact that the DRF results were free. This way I could kind of keep up on my favorite tracks to see what the payouts were.... it was easier than logging into bris, and it was something to do over morning breakfast.

Well I also stooped down and tried IE and also got the login screen. I am going to follow smoo's lead and delete the bookmark.

Now I feel happy again. Goodbye DRF. You are just one of the reasons that this sport is in such sad shape.
:ThmbUp:

With their base demographic dying off, instead of trying to reach out for new blood they simply make it harder for new fans to get into the sport.

thespaah
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Well it looks like DRF has done it again... Lock out everyone who won't register with the webstite to even get results or entries. PISS on them!

Way to reach out to your customers! Mark my words, this will be the end of the Daily Racing Form

:mad:
I have been going to the races for over 30 years. I stopped buying the Form when the tracks I attend started selling programs with PP's.
There's no use and it's damned inconvenient carrying around that 60 page chronicle. The Form has material I will not use. So There ya have it.
Now they pull this nonsense. Ef 'em...
I never go to drf.com for results. I have Equibase for years.

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 01:10 PM

by chance did you clean your cookies out? if so,..........this may be why you are getting the sign in screen..........just a thought

BlueShoe
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Like many of you,can get into the entry,results,or changes page,but when I click on a date or track get the login request.Perhaps they have something against Californians or something,but then again,isnt one of their big centers in LA?

SMOO
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Like many of you,can get into the entry,results,or changes page,but when I click on a date or track get the login request.Perhaps they have something against Californians or something,but then again,isnt one of their big centers in LA?
I am in Michigan and have the same problem.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
For what it's worth, TSN asks me for an Email Address, since I don't have an active account there.

I know DRF and the others have had to put in those sight-human verification screens, and get them from time to time from all providers I use.

ManeMediaMogul
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
The whiners always whine.

I got the screen, typed in my login and password and "voila"...all the info I wanted.

If you have time to piss away on this forum, you can certainly find two seconds to sign in.

Maybe you should quit :bang: and get with the program.

michiken
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
by chance did you clean your cookies out? if so,..........this may be why you are getting the sign in screen..........just a thought

Ralph, I am running Linux with Firefox 99% of the time. All cookies are cleared at the end of each session.

PS, I am surprised that Marc@DRF has not been around to defend his site's actions. Perhaps he got smart and left them too?

NoDayJob
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Haven't used nor needed the DRF since ITS (now Post Time Daily) started years ago. Bub bye DRF. Ya won't be missed. :)