PDA

View Full Version : DON'T GO TO VEGAS

Lefty
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Obama has told companies that took bailout money not to have their business meetings in Vegas.
I guess our economy doesn't count.
Our Democrat Mayor has demanded an apology from Obama.

bigmack
02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
On the Las Vegas Strip, the overall take fell 23% to $474 million in December, according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board.

Table game revenue was off 30% at $239 million, with a volume decline of 16% and a lower "hold" percentage -- the amount the house typically wins. Slot machine revenue was off 14%, and total gambling volume fell 15%.

They could use some help.

Tom
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
What a pitiful excuse of a man, this dolt Obama. He is by far the stupidest president we have ever had. I have seen bagels with more brains than this simpleton. :lol:

lamboguy
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
What a pitiful excuse of a man, this dolt Obama. He is by far the stupidest president we have ever had. I have seen bagels with more brains than this simpleton. :lol:

i could not have gotten that one any better.

you ought to check out my post about gold this evening. that chart actually speaks alot louder than words.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Not surprisingly, I don't want companies using taxpayer bailout money to party in Vegas either. Let them go somewhere like Buffalo or Cleveland. They could use the business too.

Preferably in February. :D

And don't try to BS me. I've been to Vegas on business.

Lefty
02-11-2009, 11:38 PM
stinks, so Vegas and its citizens are somehow less deserving than cleve or Buffalo? how about San Francisco? The Goldman Sachs people cancelled Vegas and went to Frisco? I guess you're okay with the President telling companies how much the CEO's can make and now where they can conduct their meetings. Doesn't this remind you of Communism?

boxcar
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
stinks, so Vegas and its citizens are somehow less deserving than cleve or Buffalo? how about San Francisco? The Goldman Sachs people cancelled Vegas and went to Frisco? I guess you're okay with the President telling companies how much the CEO's can make and now where they can conduct their meetings. Doesn't this remind you of Communism?

Losers in life who can't or won' or think for themselves or are clueless on how to live in a free society relish totalitarianism. They love it when the State does all the thinking for them and structures virtually every detail of their life. This phenomenon is analogous to how long term prisoners often react when faced with the frightening prospect of freedom.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Losers in life who can't or won' or think for themselves or are clueless on how to live in a free society relish totalitarianism. They love it when the State does all the thinking for them and structures virtually every detail of their life. This phenomenon is analogous to how long term prisoners often react when faced with the frightening prospect of freedom.

Boxcar

I was sure PA said that personal attacks were not allowed. Once again I will take the high road and refrain from getting personal.

boxcar
02-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I was sure PA said that personal attacks were not allowed. Once again I will take the high road and refrain from getting personal.

Well, don't take it personal. I wasn't attacking you per se, as much as pathetic liberals in general -- of which you just happen to be one, unfortunately. But if you do take it personal, write to your congressman or prez Stench and whine to them about how unfeeling, uncompassionate, uncaring and outspoken critically-thinking, freedom-loving conservatives are. Who knows? You might actually convince them to send several masked, jack-booted thugs to my house to have me arrested for disturbing the peace or some other such pretense.

Ciao,
Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-12-2009, 12:33 AM

I'll try to be brief, Lefty.

I don't think companies accepting bailout money should use it to go to Vegas. Just like I don't think the Federal Highway Administration needs to have a national meeting in Vegas. Both transmit a lousy message to taxpayers everywhere.

I definitely think CEO's of corporations that got bailout money should get limited compensation. I think Obama is right.

dav4463
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Maybe some of them are horseplayers and Vegas would be perfect during their time off. Vegas has as much right as anywhere else to host a meeting. If I am told I cannot go to Vegas...that's where I would want to go...and say to the President, "Try and stop me. Last time I checked, this was a free country."

Burls
02-12-2009, 02:36 AM
"You can't get corporate jets, you can't go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer's dime."
Here are Obama's actual words, a sentence in passing in a speech warning against misuse of Federal stimulus money.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Tom
02-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Unless corp. jets are more cost effective than flying airlines, and unless the cost of the Vega package is less expensive than other alternatives, and unless taking customers to the SB is a way to secure new business or keep exiting business. As expected, none of the libs, including Barry, ever considered or mentioned costs, just "feel good" stuff.
And as far as jets go, Nancy Pelosi used a corp, jet on the taxpayer's dime...why is THAT ok?

Bottom line, Obama has no clue how business works and he is a fool to try to tell them how to do it. But then, that is just what was expected of him.

Lefty
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
well stinks, Obama said spread the wealth and he wants to stimulate business. I guess he just doesn't want to include Vegas in the "food chain."
I'm glad you're ok with this but let's see how you feel when the govt restricts your travel and caps your salary. It's just a small step till that happens. Dems work by incrementalism. They grab and inch here and inch there and pretty soon they have boiled the frog, to use a mixed metaphor.

Lefty
02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
What has the Mayor and most Las Vegans upset is he singled us out. He didn't say don't go galavanting around the world, he said don't go to Vegas. He didn't say don't go to San Francisco, he said don't go to Vegas. When Goldman Sachs transferred their meeting from Vegas to Frisco, I haven't heard a peep from the Pres. Some of these guys went to Puerto Rico and Switzerland. So why did he single out Vegas? The Mayor and others here want an apology from Obama.

Tom
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
He threw Dingy Harry under the bus! :lol:

ddog
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
sorry , have to agree with bama(in the weird lefty spin of it anyway).

best thing in the world for that sin capital is to disappear from this country along with all the other "gaming" establishments.

wouldn't want to see it legislated, but if people just don't show up, that's fine by me.

go earn a decent living.

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I was hoping one of those CEO's from the Banks would stand up and tell Congress to shove their Money up their asses.............

Give it back and appeal to citizens to move their money to his bank.

That would have been awesome..............

boxcar
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I was hoping one of those CEO's from the Banks would stand up and tell Congress to shove their Money up their asses.............

And I'd be willing to bet that a lot of private citizens would have done that very thing.

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
What has the Mayor and most Las Vegans upset is he singled us out. He didn't say don't go galavanting around the world, he said don't go to Vegas. He didn't say don't go to San Francisco, he said don't go to Vegas. When Goldman Sachs transferred their meeting from Vegas to Frisco, I haven't heard a peep from the Pres. Some of these guys went to Puerto Rico and Switzerland. So why did he single out Vegas? The Mayor and others here want an apology from Obama.

The whole country wants an apology from Obama, for his failure to lead.

ddog
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
anyone with a brain left knows why they didn't do that.

The banksters up there don't seem to live in a child like fantasy world.
Not all the time anyway.

Like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar , AFTER HE ATE most all the cookies he could stand, we won't do it again, we are sorry , trust us AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.
We REALLY REALLY MEAN it , this time.

:lol:

they are going to need more of it and the minute they said they were going to decimate their capital in that fashion , money would have moved ok, just not in a way they like.

The IMF is doing a little stress test of their own.
Us workout, who coulda thought.

I suspect the one Timmy is conducting is a smokescreen.
if he thinks 100 auditors can do Citi in 30 days he's lost.

Tom
02-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Close....Cessna is not taking OBama's crap lying down.......

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/cliff-kuang/design-innovation/backlash-branding-cessnas-bizarre-new-ad-campaign

Lefty
02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
sorry , have to agree with bama(in the weird lefty spin of it anyway).

best thing in the world for that sin capital is to disappear from this country along with all the other "gaming" establishments.

wouldn't want to see it legislated, but if people just don't show up, that's fine by me.

go earn a decent living.
dog, what weird spin? I tell it straight. BTW, isn't a horse race board a funny place to be preaching ant-gambling. Now that IS weird.

Burls
02-12-2009, 11:24 PM
And as far as jets go, Nancy Pelosi used a corp, jet on the taxpayer's dime...why is THAT ok?You keep trying to trick me, Tom.
But I'm not going for it.
I refuse to defend Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid.
Good try, though.

NJ Stinks
02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
dog, what weird spin? I tell it straight. BTW, isn't a horse race board a funny place to be preaching ant-gambling. Now that IS weird.

Lefty, believe it or not I'm with you on this one! :)

I like Vegas a lot no matter what I said earlier. :ThmbUp:

Lefty
02-13-2009, 12:22 AM
stinks, That's great. I moved here in 1976 and have never regretted it.

ddog
02-13-2009, 12:44 AM

lefty lefty lefty

one must go where the sinners are.

you don't seem down with the program.

it's always been funny to me on this board how the born-agains pick and choose their sins.

NJ Stinks
02-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I thought about moving to Vegas in the past, Lefty, but I guess I just don't have the balls. I could see myself betting the mortgage (especially during football season). I could enjoy at least giving it a try but it's doubtful my wife would take kindly to a prolonged losing streak!

Did it take you awhile after you got there before you settled into a somewhat comfortable betting pattern?

ddog
02-13-2009, 01:05 AM
it's a bland boring circle jerk kind of town.

not worth the water they pump in to keep it going.

Lefty
02-13-2009, 01:52 AM
dog, what leads you to believe i'm Born again? You don't know crap about me.
You don't like Vegas fine, but there are those of us(over a million)that do. We don't need your blessing.

stinks, yeah it took a little while. I got a little crazy first few yrs, lost and won large sums at the crap tables. I finally told myself I had to control myself or leave Vegas. I controlled myself. These days I bet horses and sports; all from a predetermined bankroll. It's all under control.

NJ Stinks
02-13-2009, 02:48 AM
stinks, yeah it took a little while. I got a little crazy first few yrs, lost and won large sums at the crap tables. I finally told myself I had to control myself or leave Vegas. I controlled myself. These days I bet horses and sports; all from a predetermined bankroll. It's all under control.

Glad to hear it, Lefty. I like playing craps too. Loved playing craps at Binions when Benny was still in charge. But today I prefer the horses. I just love handicapping and it takes all day to lose what can vanish in an hour when the dice are cold. Still, the action at a hot craps table is hard to beat! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2009, 04:21 AM
I was sure PA said that personal attacks were not allowed. Once again I will take the high road and refrain from getting personal.Is it a personal attack when it isn't directed at anyone in particular?