PDA

View Full Version : An undercover Story.......... Walmart

JustRalph
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02072009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/fly_on_the_wal_154007.htm?page=0

Good Stuff here...............

FLY ON THE WAL
UNDERCOVER AT WAL-MART, THE HEARTLAND SUPERSTORE THAT MAY SAVE THE ECONOMY

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02072009/photos/wal.jpg

Some people, usually community activists, loath Wal-Mart. Others, like the family of four struggling to make ends meet, are in love with the chain. I, meanwhile, am in awe of it.
With more than 7,000 facilities worldwide, coordinating more than 2 million employees in its fanatical mission to maintain an inventory from more than 60,000 American suppliers, it has become a system containing more components than the Space Shuttle - yet it runs as reliably as a Timex watch.

much more at the link

prospector
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
during the spring and summer you can see dozens of rv's and travel trailers parking overnite in their parking lot...well lit, safer than a rest stop, and snack refills for the road...and fresh donuts for breakfast..

Marshall Bennett
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
during the spring and summer you can see dozens of rv's and travel trailers parking overnite in their parking lot...well lit, safer than a rest stop, and snack refills for the road...and fresh donuts for breakfast..
Yeah ... its like a maze if you're shopping in the morning .

ddog
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
they are ok, but they have pushed the destruction of many small town business and thus the destruction of many small towns.

Overall a net negative longterm as will be shown as the economy goes further and further in the tank.

The money doesn't circulate as well when it's sucked out with every purchase.
They have gotten tremendous sweetheart deals in a lot of towns tax wise.

rising productivity at all costs is not the way to prosperity.

they teach it in the books but on the ground nope.

as for the rv parking , yeah that's nice.

the problem is those lots may need to start getting bigger since more and more of their customers are going to be camping in them and not in a nice rv either.

ddog
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
ok, i looked at the whole thing.
the guy is a shill and/or a clueless dweeb.

This last para here, there's no way to escape the fact that this guy isn't a business guy at all.

The junk he spews here is so far off it's funny.

"on my experience (admittedly, only at one location) I reached a conclusion which is utterly opposed to almost everything ever written about Wal-Mart. I came to regard it as one of the all-time enlightened American employers, right up there with IBM in the 1960s. Wal-Mart is not the enemy. It's the best friend we could ask for."

a business is ran to be a "friend" , he really thinks that?

IBM compared to Walmart :eek: :lol: :lol: :D :D :liar: :liar: , you must be kidding, you have to be kidding or you are insane.

totally insane.

all the time.

sandpit
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
... its fanatical mission to maintain an inventory from more than 60,000 American suppliers...

much more at the link

What are they talking about? Damn near everything in their stores is made in China, whoever came up with this needs to take a look around next time they are in there...

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:05 PM
What are they talking about? Damn near everything in their stores is made in China, whoever came up with this needs to take a look around next time they are in there...

Ah,, but you see , but that's the game.

it's just clever enough to fool those who need to believe.

"suppliers" of course can be anywhere they wish to be , it's just an address.

LottaKash
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM

You have the last three leaders to thank for that.......They gave away the store when they got ALL their Free-Trade Agreements swallowed hook-line and sinker by Congress and the interested parties......

All part of a Bigger Plan, to humble the people of this nation, and the world, once and for all, and then to implement the long held goal of a New World Order, that is the religion of the Globalists and the ones who fall in line with that way of thinking....

best,

jballscalls
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I went to a Walmart once, never making that mistake again, it was a horrible experience. The lady in the electronics department had no idea about what products were where, and her boss didn't speak english. I walked out and have never been back.

Marshall Bennett
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I went to a Walmart once, never making that mistake again, it was a horrible experience. The lady in the electronics department had no idea about what products were where, and her boss didn't speak english. I walked out and have never been back.
Circuit City in Houston was the world's worst . What little english they spoke you couldn't understand and if you brought a product back you spent an hour with them at customer service . I quit shopping there , now they've gone belly up ... good !!

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
jb

yeah, most of them are just so depressing.

It looks like a cross between some third world flea market and the aftermath of small nuetron bomb.

I was in one around Chicago a couple of months ago, it was close to the hotel and I needed a couple of things and I made the mistake of going in around 6:30 pm or so on a weekend night.

The isles were FULL of people pushing shoving screaming and not a one of them spoke any english and that was just the ones with the Walmart pins on their shirts.

When i was a kid I used to work in the stockyards for extra cash and it brought back those days a little TOO strongly.

BlueShoe
02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Walmart is a booming success and has been an asset to America.Every time you or I or one of our neighbors shops at Walmart we have just gotten a raise or received a "stimulus package" not from the government.I do not like doing business with the ChiComs;that part does disturb me,but in this world economy virtually every large company does business all over the globe.As a final clincher that Walmart must be doing something very right is to examine who its enemies are.Just about every Leftist,"community organizers",(Does the name Obama ring a bell?),and the unions with their Marxist/Leninist ideology of class warfare are Walmart haters.March on Walmart.

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Circuit City in Houston was the world's worst . What little english they spoke you couldn't understand and if you brought a product back you spent an hour with them at customer service . I quit shopping there , now they've gone belly up ... good !!

Circuit City was ran by the stupidest mgmt i ever saw.

They deserved to die.

They built a huge monster store about 2 miles from my house and they no sooner got it built than closed it down.

They were just dolts.

NJ Stinks
02-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I read this NY Post propaganda when it came out. The writer basically said how lucky worthless people were to work there and that Wal-Mart is great for Americans.

I guess he was referring to the four Waltons in Forbes' Top 10. See below:

From Sept. 2008:

The Morning News
Local News for Northwest Arkansas

Walton Family Dots 10 Richest Americans List

By THE MORNING NEWS
Members of the Walton family dominated the highest ranks of Forbes' list of the richest Americans, nabbing four of the top 10 spots.

The Forbes 400 list was released Wednesday. There were few surprises with little change to the ranks of wealthy.

The magazine reported that admission to The Forbes 400 is $1.3 billion for the second year in a row. The net worth of America's wealthiest increased to $1.57 trillion, a mere 2 percent increase from last year.

The entire article at the link below:
http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/09/18/business/091908forbesbrief.txt

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Walmart is a booming success and has been an asset to America.Every time you or I or one of our neighbors shops at Walmart we have just gotten a raise or received a "stimulus package" not from the government.I do not like doing business with the ChiComs;that part does disturb me,but in this world economy virtually every large company does business all over the globe.As a final clincher that Walmart must be doing something very right is to examine who its enemies are.Just about every Leftist,"community organizers",(Does the name Obama ring a bell?),and the unions with their Marxist/Leninist ideology of class warfare are Walmart haters.March on Walmart.

there are plenty of former small business owners not of that ilk who do not like what Walmart has done to some of their towns and the methods used.

if you think you have gotten a stimulus package from them, well you have done it at the cost of many others being worse off.

that's the way the country crumbles.

you will always have cheaper goods from somewhere.
when a country sells out it's manufacturing base for short term gain you get what we are getting now.

ddog
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM

and the doing business all over the globe, you just can't connect the dots can you.
global business, global banking global trade rules global laws
global sanctions .......

class warfare, hello , you ever seen your "classmate" in China?

You wouldn't like it.

NJ Stinks
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I saw something years ago where this guy was talking about his bicycle shop going out of business. It had been in this small town out West for years. The guy said he had no shot competing with the new Wal-mart that opened on the outskirts of town. He noted that Wal-mart was selling bikes for a lower price than he could buy the same bikes from his supplier.

So this guy, who was making on his with his own shop, loses his livlihood. Hopefully, he never had to go to work for that Wal-mart.

Of course, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Wal-mart.

Tom
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
How many jobs did that guy create for his community?
How much tax revenue did he generate?

Yeah, Walmart = Bush = Bad.:rolleyes:

dutchboy
02-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Was it WalMart that used to promote selling only "Made in America" products. I seem to remember a minor scandal when they had a "Made in America" sign above a rack of imported products.

JustRalph
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Was it WalMart that used to promote selling only "Made in America" products. I seem to remember a minor scandal when they had a "Made in America" sign above a rack of imported products.

They still buy some stuff in the U.S. but they buy most from China......... just like everybody else............

ddog
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
amazing how the sheep don't even make a sound anymore.

jballscalls
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM

Just curious, how is Walmart equal Bush???

wes
02-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Many forget that they refused to purchase AMEICAN MADE GOODS. Because the price was too high. Most people settled on goods made with slave labor. Now that same bunch wants to bitch about what is sold in the big box stores. Many refuse to support prices that enable those working to make a living as well.

wes

Tom
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Just curious, how is Walmart equal Bush???

Play on Bush = Bad, because NJ has a one track mind - every thread he is in turn into Bush bashing.

ddog
02-13-2009, 11:57 AM

so you maintain they created jobs out of thin air that didn't exist before and that they pay more taxes than the small businesses they killed off?

I would like to see that set of stats instead of a delusional rant reply on Bush.

Oh well, it beats thinking i guess.

Tom
02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I bow to your experience on that topic! :bang:

ddog
02-13-2009, 12:50 PM
nothing there i see.

just the inane.

jballscalls
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Play on Bush = Bad, because NJ has a one track mind - every thread he is in turn into Bush bashing.

Oh ok. Bush is gone, i hope lefties don't do like the pubs do and blame the guy in office before them for everything......hopefully when/if obama screws up, the libs take the blame.....don't see it happening, politics is all about blaming the other side for their lack of success.

Rookies
02-13-2009, 10:48 PM
so you maintain they created jobs out of thin air that didn't exist before and that they pay more taxes than the small businesses they killed off? I would like to see that set of stats instead of a delusional rant reply on Bush. Oh well, it beats thinking i guess.

Funny, how conservatives are all up front on small American biz (like Joe the Plumber apprentice wannabee ), until they can be thrown under the bus by monoliths like Walmart that behave like Red China by crushing all competition ! Maybe, that's because... duh... most of their product comes from there.

Oh... that's right, they're 100% anti - union, because god forbid, you wouldn't want the greeters making more than minimum wage.

Walmart IS American biz now. Their ilk, by searching the globe, in a never ending hunt to pay the mimimum for the most, has ensured that very little is "Made in America". Obama is speaking to that, but the tax codes, dereg support by Republican dominated congresses, etc, have made sure it will be a very, very difficult turn around.

God forbid, you'd actually want to pay your employees a decent wage.

Lefty
02-13-2009, 11:23 PM
The consumer will always choose the best prices. If it were otherwise that bicycle shop would still be in business. How many mom and pop grocery stores surfived the big grocery chains?

Tom
02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Three greeters are overpaid at minimum.
Although, for many libs, the challenges of that exciting, rewarding job are too much to do day in day out.

Hey, how much does "Henrietta the Handout" get paid for watching soaps all day? Should she get minimum too? Maybe there will be a freeloader's union for her to join....oh, wait, the UAW! :lol:

JustRalph
02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
God forbid, you'd actually want to pay your employees a decent wage.

What would you say a decent wage is for a retail associate at Walmart?