PDA

View Full Version : Henrietta Hughes - Ft. Myers

cj's dad
02-11-2009, 01:41 PM
is offered a house -

The News-Press reports that (http://news-press.com/article/20090211/OBAMA/90210088/1075):

Their story got the attention of another person who wanted to help.

While local and national media swarmed Henrietta Hughes for interviews, Chene Thompson, wife of State Rep. Nick Thompson, grabbed Hughes' hand and offered them a house.

The house is in LaBelle, the first home Chene Thompson bought after law school.
"Just give me the opportunity to help you," Chene Thompson told her.

But as of Tuesday night, the Hughes had not contacted the Thompsons about coming to see the house. Their cell phone is out of minutes, so it is nearly impossible to get in touch with them.

Lefty
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
See folks, ya don't have to work at a boring job. Just vote dim and then beg.

cj's dad
02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
is offered a house -

The News-Press reports that (http://news-press.com/article/20090211/OBAMA/90210088/1075):

Their story got the attention of another person who wanted to help.

While local and national media swarmed Henrietta Hughes for interviews, Chene Thompson, wife of State Rep. Nick Thompson, grabbed Hughes' hand and offered them a house.

The house is in LaBelle, the first home Chene Thompson bought after law school.
"Just give me the opportunity to help you," Chene Thompson told her.

But as of Tuesday night, the Hughes had not contacted the Thompsons about coming to see the house. Their cell phone is out of minutes, so it is nearly impossible to get in touch with them.

As I said yesterday, the fun is just beginning.:faint:

Greyfox
02-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Yesterday she was Henrietta Hughes.

She pled with the Prez. She was given a house.
Hmmm? Will that work for 350 million more?

At any rate, her own "Face of the Poor" website is now up.
She's become an "industry" overnight.
I kid you not: http://henriettahughes.com/

Tom
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Once again, the dems reward failure and punish success.
SHE gets a house, while the other guy, dumb as he was, was actually working supporting himself and going to school and he gets nothing. Obama's message is clear - quit your job, become an anchor, and you will get rewarded!

Obama inspires mediocrity.

That whole thing was staged :bang:
But here is a plan - mass homeless people - we pay to bus them there - march on the Thompsons and demand their free homes.....great clips for Fox news! :lol:

Tom
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Yesterday she was Henrietta Hughes.

She pled with the Prez. She was given a house.
Hmmm? Will that work for 350 million more?

At any rate, her own "Face of the Poor" website is now up.
She's become an "industry" overnight.
I kid you not: http://henriettahughes.com/

Just love this comment on that page:

Adam in San Antonio says:
(http://henriettahughes.com/?p=3&cpage=3#comment-106)
"Henrietta, Will your finances and personal records be researched by government and the media like Joe the Plumber? I’d doubt it, but I’d be careful about talking on TV anymore. Your have the right of the pusuit of happiness, not the assurance of the government to have. Please go out and pursue it. Don’t wait for the government to provide it free of charge."

BTW, she is 60 and has cancer. Under Obama's new health care, she should have the decency to go and die get out of the way. That is what Daschle says. Me, I'd pay for her chemo and drive her home to a shelter.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
It looks like the end result is that Henrietta is going to get help. For reasons beyond my understanding this is supposed to be a bad thing.

No doubt she was picked out to ask a question because of her plight. So what? She represents people across the country who have lost their jobs and homes.

It's all good as far as I can see.

One thing is for sure. Henrietta would not gotten within 1,000 yards of a GWB town meeting.

ArlJim78
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
The lady makes a plea for help.
Obama gives her a hug.
A Republican senator offers her a place to stay for free.

Yet somehow George Bush is the bad guy?

ArlJim78
02-11-2009, 05:32 PM
it goes to show you though, if you are a democratic victim, no house (Henrietta), not a good job (Jose) and you show up at an Obama rally asking for help, its somehow a great heart-warming story that the media loves, support and concern is all you hear about.

But if you're a white plumber, and you lean Republican, well you get bent over and given the treatment. Divorce records, taxes records revealed. basically you're treated as a pariah by the media and your life is turned upside down.

JustRalph
02-11-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.parcoltop11.5423.ImageFile.jpg

Lefty
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
stinks, you're right. You don't get it and wouldn't in a million yrs. But obstinate creature that I am, i'll give it a shot.
A few weeks ago Obama said only the fed govt could solve this mess.
Then he holds town meetings and brings out as series of victims and promises help. He wants us all victims and holding out our hats for alms from Uncle Sugar. Who pays? Why the producers must pay for all the victims, real and imagined.
He plays the cards of fear and victimology.
So you're parting shot at GWB just displays a vast amt of ignorance.

Lefty
02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
BTW. when the producers are taxed to the extent that they lose interest in producing anymore,where does the money come from then? Something to think about, eh what?

Tom
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Obama lied. He said that only government could afford to get us out of this mess. He's been hanging around Biden too much...his brains are fried.
The gov't is 12 trillion in the hole, and besides that, the gov't has NO MONEY....they can only steal it from us.

This dipshot couldn't even make a month without confirming our suspicions that he was light weight nothing, an empty head in an empty suit. Couldn't find his butt with both hands.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
stinks, you're right. You don't get it and wouldn't in a million yrs. But obstinate creature that I am, i'll give it a shot.
A few weeks ago Obama said only the fed govt could solve this mess.
Then he holds town meetings and brings out as series of victims and promises help. He wants us all victims and holding out our hats for alms from Uncle Sugar. Who pays? Why the producers must pay for all the victims, real and imagined.
He plays the cards of fear and victimology.
So you're parting shot at GWB just displays a vast amt of ignorance.

First off, my shot at GWB is as true as the day is long.

Secondly, you and I disagree on how much the producers should and can afford to pay. I say that the wealthy can pay a lot more than they are paying now in taxes. Historically, they paid at least 50% from 1932 until Reagan finally got his way in 1987. Now they are paying 35% and have unprecedented wealth (at least since the Depression). Meanwhile, the unaffluent are being crippled with exhorbitant real estate taxes so their local schools must cut back on everything you and I had took for granted when we were kids. If that wasn't bad enough, add in the fact that corporate executives today are being grossly overpaid while their employees struggle to to afford things like medical insurance and college educations while at the same time praying they don't get laid off.

Do you know why guys like me (I'm 59) say things were better when I was a kid? Because they were. Sure there were rich people around. But rich people didn't own 3 or 4 private residences, etc. The difference between the haves and have nots was not so out of whack. Sure, the producers were rewarded in the past. But the wealth of today was unheard of before the late 1980's in the USA.

This country cannot afford a top tax rate as low as 35%. It's as simple as that.

It's flat-out wrong.

Check out the historical tax rates in the link below. I'm not making this stuff up.

http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php

P.S. I'd be interested to know the answer to this question. When was the first time you heard about somebody living out of their car?

boxcar
02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
It looks like the end result is that Henrietta is going to get help. For reasons beyond my understanding this is supposed to be a bad thing.

No doubt she was picked out to ask a question because of her plight. So what? She represents people across the country who have lost their jobs and homes.

It's all good as far as I can see.

One thing is for sure. Henrietta would not gotten within 1,000 yards of a GWB town meeting.

Good. Then we should all quit our jobs tomorrow, wait for foreclosure notices and the bill collectors and then march to DC to ask for handouts.

I suppose when people are so steeped in ignorance, they don't possess enough sense or a sensitive conscience to feel any shame or guilt in asking for handouts, thereby becoming burdens to society -- especially to those of us who earn our way in life -- to those of us who have learned to rely upon ourselves -- and to those of us who know how to bite the bullet during hard times without place undue burdens upon our fellow man. Now, we not only have to take care of ourselves and our families but we're expected to take care of everyone who want to hop aboard the Welfare Express train.

I feel bad for this woman's health condition, but she's far less a noble and virtuous human being than a self-centered, self-absorbed, selfish blood sucking leech.

Boxcar

Lefty
02-12-2009, 01:38 AM
First off, my shot at GWB is as true as the day is long.

Secondly, you and I disagree on how much the producers should and can afford to pay. I say that the wealthy can pay a lot more than they are paying now in taxes. Historically, they paid at least 50% from 1932 until Reagan finally got his way in 1987. Now they are paying 35% and have unprecedented wealth (at least since the Depression). Meanwhile, the unaffluent are being crippled with exhorbitant real estate taxes so their local schools must cut back on everything you and I had took for granted when we were kids. If that wasn't bad enough, add in the fact that corporate executives today are being grossly overpaid while their employees struggle to to afford things like medical insurance and college educations while at the same time praying they don't get laid off.

Do you know why guys like me (I'm 59) say things were better when I was a kid? Because they were. Sure there were rich people around. But rich people didn't own 3 or 4 private residences, etc. The difference between the haves and have nots was not so out of whack. Sure, the producers were rewarded in the past. But the wealth of today was unheard of before the late 1980's in the USA.

This country cannot afford a top tax rate as low as 35%. It's as simple as that.

It's flat-out wrong.

Check out the historical tax rates in the link below. I'm not making this stuff up.

http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php

P.S. I'd be interested to know the answer to this question. When was the first time you heard about somebody living out of their car?

stinks, your cheap shot at Bush was just your opinion and not a fact. Why should the people that make the country work, take risks, work hard be punished by the tax code for theitr efforts. The top 1% of top earners pay as much in taxes as the bottom 95% and you think they should pay more? By what logical reasoning? You say 35% isn't enough and we can't afford it? The fact is when Reagan cut the tax rates more money came into the Treasury than when we had the higher rates.
Guess what, if you had gotten more education and worked harder you might be among the rich. Me too. I don't envy the rich because they worked harder and took more risks. The reason that I am not among them is I wasn't ready to give what it takes to get there. I had a decided bent for play and not enough ambition to work hard enough to reach ther top echlons.
The risk takers should not be punished but rewarded. i bet the unafluent as you say, never gave you a job. I bet every job you ever had was given to you by the afluent. Yet you fall prey to class envy.
you say you are 59 but it seems to me you still have some growing up to do.

samyn on the green
02-12-2009, 01:54 AM
This is high time for looters, moochers and parasites. It is like the 30 seconds in the money machine. Trillions in dollars in debt created and split between the looters(politicians), moochers(lazy people) and parasites(corporate failures).

boxcar
02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
This is high time for looters, moochers and parasites. It is like the 30 seconds in the money machine. Trillions in dollars in debt created and split between the looters(politicians), moochers(lazy people) and parasites(corporate failures).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Tom
02-12-2009, 07:42 AM
This is high time for looters, moochers and parasites.

They already control both houses of Congress and the White House!

hcap
02-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Good. Then we should all quit our jobs tomorrow, wait for foreclosure notices and the bill collectors and then march to DC to ask for handouts.

I suppose when people are so steeped in ignorance, they don't possess enough sense or a sensitive conscience to feel any shame or guilt in asking for handouts, thereby becoming burdens to society -- especially to those of us who earn our way in life -- to those of us who have learned to rely upon ourselves -- and to those of us who know how to bite the bullet during hard times without place undue burdens upon our fellow man. Now, we not only have to take care of ourselves and our families but we're expected to take care of everyone who want to hop aboard the Welfare Express train.

I feel bad for this woman's health condition, but she's far less a noble and virtuous human being than a self-centered, self-absorbed, selfish blood sucking leech.

Boxcar
From
http://henriettahughes.com/

"Hughes says she and her adult son have been homeless for “a long time.” She says her son lost his job in computer programming, and they in turn lost their house. She says she has been looking for a job, although she is on disability for cancer, but so far has not been able to find work."

For a religious man you sure suck big time on the teat of sanctimonious judgment. Looks like she may be one of those amongst us for who charity should be well-meant and deserving.

BUD
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Coming from a similar dire situation---Ya I believe they were vetting folks for just this..

I wont begrudge charity---But a next day website is pretty amazing------also---

ahh forget it---I am happy for the lady----But--in the good book about giving charity---it says do not give it for your own gain---I am paraphrasing---It also says do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing------

This week I find out my ultra conservative Land lord is in Pre Foreclosure-----Lied to my wife--Collected rent-----I told him come back and I will shoot you----

If he comes back--I will be on the news----In a bad way----

Every trip over---He would tell me how bad the Dems are and Obama------Knowing that a cop more than likely is conservative----If he comes back---I may just trim him so he needs Democrat handouts.....Jerk..

Tom
02-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Someone remind Henrietta she now owes taxes on the gift! :D

hcap
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
You and Box could always chip in.

BUD
02-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking this is a Oprah moment-----I am trying to look under my seat--------Damned--She gave me cat toys-----whatta jerk----

Your right she wont be able to afford taxes---What was needed was a job for her Lamont---Then they could rent an apartment save money---And when things get Rocky for her health wise--Co Pays--------They have the extra money------

Whatta I know:bang:

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I want to know everything about her, her son etc. If Joe the Plumber can get smeared.........this bitch should be turned inside out..............

I believe in the deserving poor...........I want to know if she is deserving.........

Tom
02-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, here is what I have on her so far.....she is from Rochester, NY, MY BACKYARD!!!
At least back to 2002, she was on welfare here and her son was featured in a local news story about free medical care.

She made he way to Florida and was upset to find that the free housing there took a while to get, so that is why she is living in a car. She is not a victim of the current downturn, but a professional leech. Corey supposedly graduated from Monroe Community College here, but is not working, although many illegal aliens in Florida manage to find work right away.

I'll dig more, and we might have an article to today's paper...I'll go get on at lunch.

Tom
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/02/11/a-henrietta-hughes-flashback/

ddog
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
is the HHS post still open?

:faint:

boxcar
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
From
http://henriettahughes.com/

"Hughes says she and her adult son have been homeless for “a long time.” She says her son lost his job in computer programming, and they in turn lost their house. She says she has been looking for a job, although she is on disability for cancer, but so far has not been able to find work."

For a religious man you sure suck big time on the teat of sanctimonious judgment. Looks like she may be one of those amongst us for who charity should be well-meant and deserving.

Well, when someone give Prez Stench a freakin' shopping list of big ticket items she wants, then my sniffer smells a rat. A rat that was probably planted, to boot, at that meeting.

And as someone else already said on this thread -- I think this gal needs to be vetted big time. We need to know every detail of her life before we can deem her "worthy". We need to treat her the same way we did Joe the Plumber, most especially since she wants handouts. And even more so, since she has cancer. How old is she? Is her life worth saving? What's the cost to society? What drain on medical resources is she putting on the healtchare system? Why doesn't she just accept her fate and quietly go off somewhere to die for the Good of the Many -- for the Good of the State? Isn't that what DassHole proposed in his book?

Boxcar

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
what about the rumors that she has owned 3 houses? Been out of work since 2004 and her son was fired from a government job?

boxcar
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
what about the rumors that she has owned 3 houses? Been out of work since 2004 and her son was fired from a government job?

And even a Wendys won't hire him! Maybe the guy is unemployable for some reason, especially since he was fired by the government! :eek: I would think it takes A LOT to lose a civil service job.

Boxcar

Tom
02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
And even less to get rejected by WENDY'S!!!!! :lol:

The Judge
02-12-2009, 04:34 PM
homeless for over a year sleep in a truck with cancer and your grown son then track down the President of the United States. What a great plan! Never mind how she know Obama was going to win? I tell you the lady is brilliant,her and her son should be nominated for the Noble Prize in Economics

Bubba X
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
A not widely known fact.... The decent sprinter Henny Hughes was named after her.

toetoe
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Based on her hard work and vast experience, she deserves it all. Kinda like HRH King Barack. (:Bowing, backing away.)

ArlJim78
02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
A not widely known fact.... The decent sprinter Henny Hughes was named after her.
oh god, I just had a thought. how long before there is a 2yo in training named Barack?

toetoe
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Arljim,

Not only would that prompt rioting and maybe even a jihad, but you, Sir, may be getting a visit from the Greenshirts, just for suggesting it. For shame ! (:Wagging finger.)

hcap
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Alas, the horror of a woman posing as a maybe fake homeless person.
And all of you sanctimonious "hard working" Amuricans posing as detectives to uncover the human anchors (as Tom the righteous, bitches about all the time) that drag us down into socialism.

Just out of curiosity does anybody know the percentage of folks on welfare that lie and chest to get there?

Or maybe you gents should remember the controlled atmosphere at Georgies news conferences? Did he ever hold a Town Hall meeting. And if so he stacked them to the hilt. Any of you sherlocks rember this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gannon

"James Dale Guckert (born 1957) posed as a conservative columnist who worked under the pseudonym Jeff Gannon as a White House reporter between 2003 and 2005, representing the fake news organization Talon News. Gannon first gained national attention during a presidential press conference on January 26, 2005, when he asked United States President George W. Bush a question that some in the press corps considered "so friendly it might have been planted."[1] Gannon routinely obtained daily passes to White House briefings, attending four Bush press conferences and appearing regularly at White House press briefings. Although he did not qualify for a Congressional press pass, Gannon was given daily passes to White House press briefings "after supplying his real name, date of birth and Social Security number."[2] Gannon came under public scrutiny for his lack of a journalistic background prior to his work with Talon[3][4] and his involvement with various homosexual escort service websites using the professional name "Bulldog". Gannon

.................................................. ............................................

Hey at least "Bulldog" has a roof over his head and appears to be "gainfully" employed :lol: :D No "handouts" for him
http://www.thelawparty.com/FranklinCoverup/a1443.2.jpg

toetoe
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh, pish.

Bush was a commoner. Our current leader is royalty AND the Son of God.

All hail Barack I. (:Bowing like the knight in The Sword in the Stone.)

hcap
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
You forgot how many here worshiped Bush as

1)- Winston Churchill.
2)-The second coming of Jesus Christ
3)-A stud sending repug woman and some repug honchos into sexual delirium when he stuffed his crotch and battleship strutted for his "Mission Accomplished" bullshit gig.

Only fitting that "Bulldog" Gannon was one of his crew.

lsbets
02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Did you change meds Hcap? You seem a bit off balance today.

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Did you change meds Hcap? You seem a bit off balance today.

Was his post even remotely related to the welfare cheat Obama was making out with yesterday ?

lsbets
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Was his post even remotely related to the welfare cheat Obama was making out with yesterday ?

He'll cry and moan (as usual) that my post was an insult and I should apologize and PA should delete it (if you want to PA, go ahead). But it seems that all of his posts today were meant to be insults towards those who don't live in his fantasy world.

boxcar
02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Alas, the horror of a woman posing as a maybe fake homeless person.
And all of you sanctimonious "hard working" Amuricans posing as detectives to uncover the human anchors (as Tom the righteous, bitches about all the time) that drag us down into socialism.

Well, you see, 'cap: This is precisely why the Pros :rolleyes: in the media need to get on this lady like white on rice. They need to do an investigative report on the order of Joseph Da Plumber, don't you think? Wouldn't this be fair, not to mention -- balanced? :lol: :lol:

Just out of curiosity does anybody know the percentage of folks on welfare that lie and chest to get there?

I'm not too sure on the "chest" part, 'cap, or where you're going with that, but given the fact that all men and women (with and without a whole lot of "chest") are presumed untrustworthy in all modern societies until proven otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the percentage of liars was quite high. I think only the naive would believe otherwise.

Or maybe you gents should remember the controlled atmosphere at Georgies news conferences? Did he ever hold a Town Hall meeting. And if so he stacked them to the hilt. Any of you sherlocks rember this.

There you go again, 'cap -- completely forgetting that two wrongs doth not make a right. :p

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2009, 03:59 AM
You forgot how many here worshiped Bush as

1)- Winston Churchill.
2)-The second coming of Jesus Christ
3)-A stud sending repug woman and some repug honchos into sexual delirium when he stuffed his crotch and battleship strutted for his "Mission Accomplished" bullshit gig.

Only fitting that "Bulldog" Gannon was one of his crew.How many? Let us know. Produce some links. I never called GWB Churchill, and I certainly would never call him the second coming of JC. And that third thing...well...you may need some help. Even with Obama as president, you still can't get stop thinking of GWB's junk.

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2009, 04:00 AM
I'll dig more, and we might have an article to today's paper...I'll go get on at lunch.This sounds like a job right up Suff's wheelhouse. He's big on investigating folks these days...maybe send him a PM to help you out! :lol:

Tom
02-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Not only that, but he lives in an abandoned horse trailer outside Belmont park.

boxcar
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
This sounds like a job right up Suff's wheelhouse. He's big on investigating folks these days...maybe send him a PM to help you out! :lol:

Great idea, PA! Where is Mr. Miserable when you need him?

Boxcar

boxcar
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
homeless for over a year sleep in a truck with cancer and your grown son then track down the President of the United States. What a great plan! Never mind how she know Obama was going to win? I tell you the lady is brilliant,her and her son should be nominated for the Noble Prize in Economics

Yeah...you know what was "really brilliant" about all this -- the BO team found her sleeping in her car and brought her to the meeting. Man...what a stroke of genius! :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
http://www.winknews.com/news/local/39518252.html

UPDATE: Henrietta Hughes says she's not milking the system
By Nick Spinetto, WINK News
Story Created: Feb 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM EST
Story Updated: Feb 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM EST
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA - A woman making national headlines after a tearful moment with President Obama has a new home.

Thursday morning, Chene Thompson handed Henrietta Hughes the keys to her home in Hendry County. Thompson is the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson. Hughes and her son will live at the home rent free.

However, a local organization is coming forward saying Hughes isn't being honest about how much help she's had in the past.

The director of We Care Outreach Ministry, Tanya Johnson, says just last month she offered Henrietta Hughes permanent housing and a place to stay free for three months, but Hughes refused.

"We would have allowed her to stay for the first 90 days, no income. You know free," said Tanya Johnson.

We Care Outreach Ministry is a faith based organization in Fort Myers.

Johnson says she also gave Henrietta and her son Corey, money, food and offered Corey job training courses, but it was refused.

Tom
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Nothing new here. OBama is just using an age old technique - audience plants. Stand up comics ( which he is not) plant hecklers as part of their schtick. Snake Oil salesmen (which he is) plant people to swear by the product being sold. Obama uses token poor.

ddog
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
i am willing to bet that Tanya's offer came with some other "help" attached of a certain type?

check it out newshound, s/b right down your alley....

if not given freely then it's not help it's bribery.

boxcar
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.winknews.com/news/local/39518252.html

UPDATE: Henrietta Hughes says she's not milking the system
By Nick Spinetto, WINK News
Story Created: Feb 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM EST
Story Updated: Feb 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM EST
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA - A woman making national headlines after a tearful moment with President Obama has a new home.

Thursday morning, Chene Thompson handed Henrietta Hughes the keys to her home in Hendry County. Thompson is the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson. Hughes and her son will live at the home rent free.

However, a local organization is coming forward saying Hughes isn't being honest about how much help she's had in the past.

The director of We Care Outreach Ministry, Tanya Johnson, says just last month she offered Henrietta Hughes permanent housing and a place to stay free for three months, but Hughes refused.

"We would have allowed her to stay for the first 90 days, no income. You know free," said Tanya Johnson.

We Care Outreach Ministry is a faith based organization in Fort Myers.

Johnson says she also gave Henrietta and her son Corey, money, food and offered Corey job training courses, but it was refused.

This makes sense. Faith-based ministries usually won't extend help indefinitely. They'll help people to get on their feet - but not to sit on their rumps forever. It looks like ol' Henrietta and her terminated civil service son were looking for more permanent welfare arrangements, which they could get from the State but not from the private sector. Now that they have it, they will probably will remain deadbeats indefinitely; for the State has effectively removed all incentive for self-actualization -- for self-sufficiency thereby enabling people like these to become professional leeches.

Boxcar

NoDayJob
02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Obama lied. He said that only government could afford to get us out of this mess. He's been hanging around Biden too much...his brains are fried.
The gov't is 12 trillion in the hole, and besides that, the gov't has NO MONEY....they can only steal it from us.

This dipshot couldn't even make a month without confirming our suspicions that he was light weight nothing, an empty head in an empty suit. Couldn't find his butt with both hands.

Dat's owr Presydent, yor talkin' 'bout. Gib 'm a brake. At lees a 100 daaz wurth. :)

The Judge
02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
problem why not take help for 90 days? Then say see you later or better yet evict me that should be anoter 45-65 days before she is out. That must be some truck her and her son are sharing.

Maybe there are mental issues at play here,cancer, living in a truck over a year, 61 years old ;what do think what them flipping your burger without a little counseling first. What I don't believe is that she a plant or or some sort of brilliant welfare schemer. Why would it take so long to defraud the system?

People come here don't speak English never worked a day or paid into Social Security and yet seem to qualify for SSI. I have heard that recent Russian immigrents are collecting social security.

SPEECH OF HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2005

"Mr. PAUL. Mr. Speaker, today I introduce the Social Security for American Citizens Only Act. This act forbids the federal government from providing Social Security benefits to non-citizens. It also ends the practice of totalization. Totalization is where the Social Security Administration takes into account the number of years an individual worked abroad, and thus was not paying payroll taxes, in determining that individual's eligibility for Social Security benefits.
Hard as it may be to believe, the United States Government already provides Social Security benefits to citizens of 17 other countries. Under current law, citizens of those countries covered by these agreements may have an easier time getting Social Security benefits than public school teachers or policemen. "

I have yet to see a homeless person that didn't speak English. Everyone from the 17 countries Ron Paul mentions is working they found jobs where there are no jobs? No hey are getting money from us.

samyn on the green
02-14-2009, 04:15 AM
To bad Ron Paul was not elected President. Instead we have a complete disaster on our hands from most angles. The federal government has turned into a debt producing monster that has just pegged us all with trillions in debt.

The short term benefit is that the looters, moochers and parasites are going to have an orgy. The long term effect will be a debased dollar. Get ready for the $1000 bill and the $10,000 bill once the hyperinflation fully kicks in. This is the new kind of change that Obama promised and surely will deliver. problem why not take help for 90 days? Then say see you later or better yet evict me that should be anoter 45-65 days before she is out. That must be some truck her and her son are sharing.

Maybe there are mental issues at play here,cancer, living in a truck over a year, 61 years old ;what do think what them flipping your burger without a little counseling first. What I don't believe is that she a plant or or some sort of brilliant welfare schemer. Why would it take so long to defraud the system?

People come here don't speak English never worked a day or paid into Social Security and yet seem to qualify for SSI. I have heard that recent Russian immigrents are collecting social security.

SPEECH OF HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2005

"Mr. PAUL. Mr. Speaker, today I introduce the Social Security for American Citizens Only Act. This act forbids the federal government from providing Social Security benefits to non-citizens. It also ends the practice of totalization. Totalization is where the Social Security Administration takes into account the number of years an individual worked abroad, and thus was not paying payroll taxes, in determining that individual's eligibility for Social Security benefits.
Hard as it may be to believe, the United States Government already provides Social Security benefits to citizens of 17 other countries. Under current law, citizens of those countries covered by these agreements may have an easier time getting Social Security benefits than public school teachers or policemen. "

I have yet to see a homeless person that didn't speak English. Everyone from the 17 countries Ron Paul mentions is working they found jobs where there are no jobs? No hey are getting money from us.