PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gets 76% Approval Rating

Burls
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
What was the approval rating of that other guy again? ...

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
92% in October 2001 http://voices.washingtonpost.com/behind-the-numbers/2007/07/approval_highs_and_lows.html.

For your question to be valid we need to wait to the end of the farcical one's term in office.

To qoute Benjamin Linus (sp) "Fate is a fickle bitch".

Burls
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
We need to wait to the end of the farcical one's term in office.

To qoute Benjamin Linus (sp) "Fate is a fickle bitch".That finally happened on Jan 20 2009.

BlueShoe
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Since this is,after all,a wagering site,how about predicting the date when Obama's approval rating drops below the 50% level?As a side bet,we can wager on what causes the decline;will it be a still worsening economy,runaway inflation,a terrorist attack,loss of liberty,or some other reason?My picks are just before the 2010 election and all of the above.

ArlJim78
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

according to Rassmussen its 60%. down 9 points in one month.

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Let me clarify, my comment about waiting, is in regards to the current occupant of the White House. Bill Clinton hit it out of the park with his comment about, Mr. Obama is a fairy tale. People do love a good fairy tale and people do like a good farce.

As a result we elected the farcical one.

Burls
02-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Let me clarify, my comment about waiting, is in regards to the current occupant of the White House. Bill Clinton hit it out of the park with his comment about, Mr. Obama is a fairy tale. People do love a good fairy tale and people do like a good farce.

As a result we elected the farcical one.
Let me put it this way.
George W Bush was a spoiled rotten rich kid with no significant accomplishments in his entire life.
He ran the two businesses he was put in charge of into the ground.
Everything he touched turned to crap.
He's just not a quality person.
He's an arrogant, incompetent ass.
Had he not been born into the right family, he'd be working at the Hormel plant right now.
How much of a surprise is it that his presidency was a complete fiasco?
Even now, people can see that he's going to be remembered as the worst US President in history.
His presidency is just a 8 year time-slice of his entire mediocre life.

On the other hand, Obama had to earn anything he ever got in life.
He had to merit entry into decent schools.
He didn't go through a wasted decade in a smoke filled haze.
Instead, he worked in social organizations to benefit people.
He's younger than Bush was when he took office, but Obama is clearly more mature, more disciplined, more intelligent and more organized.
Unlike Bush's his life isn't a history of one screwup after another.
Unlike Bush, we have every reason to expect that his presidency will benfit the American people.

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Burls:

You know all of this factually. You repeated the fairy tale, Bill Clinton warned about. A political creature of the Chicago Democratic machine is more decent, what a fairy tale and a farce.

Anyway, best wishes..

Marshall Bennett
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
He's younger than Bush was when he took office, but Obama is clearly more mature, more disciplined, more intelligent and more organized.

In time you'll eat those words . What a crock of shit !!

Marshall Bennett
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Wait I take that back ... Its already a crock of shit !!

Bubba X
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Burls:

You know all of this factually. You repeated the fairy tale, Bill Clinton warned about. A political creature of the Chicago Democratic machine is more decent, what a fairy tale and a farce.

Anyway, best wishes..
People will generally favor a fairy tale over a fossil most every time, no?

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
People will generally favor a fairy tale over a fossil most every time, no?

Are you calling Hillary a fossil? Obama had to defeat her first.

Actually, Bubba, Burls post read more like factual authority than opinion. In that regards it sounded like drivel.

Bubba X
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Are you calling Hillary a fossil? Obama had to defeat her first.No. Try one more time.

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Interesting Bill Clinton nailed it calling Obama a fairy tale and you attack war hero McCain.

Bubba X
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Interesting Bill Clinton nailed it calling Obama a fairy tale and you attack war hero McCain.Which all goes to show what? That you are easily interested?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
76% seems rather high for a guy that was only voted for by about 53% of the actual voters, and hasn't had the time to do much yet. From what I remember about presidential opinion polls, enjoy that 76% for the brief time it lasts. Most seem lucky to stay near 50%. Better keep the videos with the Obama Girl coming.

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I admit you are an entertaining lot. "Interesting" being used in context of the thought I expressed and your assumptions. I associate the fairy tale comment with Clinton and you make the illogical jump of a politically incorrect and a discriminatory stance against a man due solely to his age.

Additionally, I laud you, in your estimation, for coming to the defense of weaker poster. However, Burls started this thread with an inane question with venonmous intent. In life you reap what you sow. Yet you feel the need to protect him from his own actions.

Do you feel the need to protect evryone's opinion or did you just feel that Burls could not adequately answer for himself? I believe it is the latter and not the former.

However, if you feel the need to protect the sanctity of all opinions, this is mine. Obama is a farce based on his connection to the Chicago Democratic political machine and his supposed accomplishments. Now, please feel free to tell Burls I have the right to my correct opinion.

Bubba X
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I admit you are an entertaining lot. "Interesting" being used in context of the thought I expressed and your assumptions. I associate the fairy tale comment with Clinton and you make the illogical jump of a politically incorrect and a discriminatory stance against a man due solely to his age.

Additionally, I laud you, in your estimation, for coming to the defense of weaker poster. However, Burls started this thread with an inane question with venonmous intent. In life you reap what you sow. Yet you feel the need to protect him from his own actions.

Do you feel the need to protect evryone's opinion or did you just feel that Burls could not adequately answer for himself? I believe it is the latter and not the former.

However, if you feel the need to protect the sanctity of all opinions, this is mine. Obama is a farce based on his connection to the Chicago Democratic political machine and his supposed accomplishments. Now, please feel free to tell Burls I have the right to my correct opinion.

C'mon now, don't get all huffy. You're just upset I pointed out that you used the word "dribble" when you meant "drivel."

Show Me the Wire
02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Bubba, your comment is aimed at the wrong poster. I have nothing to be huffy about, except you have wrongly accused me. I forgive you, we all make mistakes.

Bubba X
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Bubba, wrong poster.

Sorry, man. Did I double drivel?

lamboguy
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
politics certainly brings out the best of us.

i gave up posting on my views because i seem to know alot less than everyone else here. at least i admit it!

dutchboy
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Poll for B. Hussein Obama was taken at all of the welfare offices located south of the Mason Dixon line.

What was the approval rating of that other guy again? ...

Burls
02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Burls:

You know all of this factuallyI am reporting the facts to the best of my knowledge. When I made a series of factual claims contrasting Bush and Obama, I felt pretty certain that everything I said was correct. I still do. But I would be more than happy to consider any FACTUAL EVIDENCE to the contrary. Can you provide EVIDENCE that any of the claims I have made in this regard are false? Let's hear it.

HUSKER55
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't forget Obama did coke and wild Bill didn't have sex with that girl and Hillary stood by and said OK. Oh, and Hillary did nothing wrong at Whitewater. It got covered up. Remember the Cole and Clintons do nothing approach.

I say that all we have to do is sit back and watch them all implode. Two years max.

On the upside, should obama pull a rabbit out of the hat, which I doubt, then congrats are in order. But don't forget, the last depression was solved with WWII. Unless someone does something stupid that is not going to happen so what do you see on the horizon that will do the trick?

The answer is nothing.

So what does that leave? Nissan just announced 20,000 jobs are to be cut. What do you think, except the obvious. It is hell being president right now.

Maybe McCain & Sarah weren't as dumb as we thought.

jballscalls
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
politics certainly brings out the best of us.

i gave up posting on my views because i seem to know alot less than everyone else here. at least i admit it!

I'm the same way as you. I know i'm a neophite when it comes to following current events.

i just like to watch the real serious guys debate on it, cause no matter what they stick to their side and their guys. Duplicity on BOTH sides will be inevitable when talking politics.

Tom
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I look forward to you freeing me from my supposed delusions by providing me with FACTUAL EVIDENCE to the contrary, Boxcar.

Fact - Kept us free from terror attacks since 9-11, which were occurring rather frequently through the previous 8 years of democrat mis-management

Fact - got us out the recession left by Clinton and gave us 6 years of growth and prosperity until the dems took congress and screwed the economy to no end.

Fact - to say how history will judge a president until years later, when perspective is gleaned is just plain ignorance...you should know better

Fact - liberated two nations and got them started on the road to freedon with their own elections ( a thingk Obama is trying to avoid here by manipulating the census and blcoking freedom of speech of his opponents)

Fact - Obama's fist weeks have been complete failures and have weakened our natinal security while pushing foreward the largest pork bill in our history.

Fact - the rest of your Bush whines are just that - whines that are irrelevent to anyting but your own viewpoint.

Thanks for playing.

jballscalls
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Fact - Kept us free from terror attacks since 9-11, which were occurring rather frequently through the previous 8 years of democrat mis-management

Fact - got us out the recession left by Clinton and gave us 6 years of growth and prosperity until the dems took congress and screwed the economy to no end.

Fact - to say how history will judge a president until years later, when perspective is gleaned is just plain ignorance...you should know better

Fact - liberated two nations and got them started on the road to freedon with their own elections ( a thingk Obama is trying to avoid here by manipulating the census and blcoking freedom of speech of his opponents)

Fact - Obama's fist weeks have been complete failures and have weakened our natinal security while pushing foreward the largest pork bill in our history.

Fact - the rest of your Bush whines are just that - whines that are irrelevent to anyting but your own viewpoint.

Thanks for playing.

Those are pretty good facts!!! So is the economic crisis of now completely the fault of the dem congress?? could bush have done something to prevent it?

I often hear people on this board say its all the dims fault, so it must be

nvemil
02-10-2009, 12:06 AM
The ONE correctly said this crisis started with the loans, it has been proven already which party was behind the loan fiasco. Frank, Dodd etc. but yet the ONE took some partisan shots during the press conference.

Burls
02-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Fact - Kept us free from terror attacks since 9-11, which were occurring rather frequently through the previous 8 years of democrat mis-management.
Thanks for playing.This is quite a list, Tom.
I'll start with the first one.
9-11 happened on Bush's watch even though the administration received advance warning.
Condie lies about it until the memo surfaces.
Bush convinces everyone that his adminstration has intelligence proving that Iraq has WMD and Saddam has strong al Qaeda connections.
There are no WMD in Iraq.
Saddam has no al Qaeda connections.
Bush's war in Iraq puts the US $1 Trillion in debt.
Al Qaeda is allowed to regroup in Afghanistan because the US is already militarily overextended in Iraq.
This is all thanks to Bush's arrogance and incompetence.

Look for my response to the second 'fact' on your list tomorow.

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2009, 03:26 AM
He had to merit entry into decent schools.Really? I still haven't seen any of his relevant academic work released for public consumption. Why is that?He didn't go through a wasted decade in a smoke filled haze.Are you kidding me? Obama wrote about his smoke filled haze in his own freakin' book!Unlike Bush, we have every reason to expect that his presidency will benfit the American people.Maybe you have reason to expect, but from where I sit, that reasoning is based on nothing more than a fairy tale.

Burls
02-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Are you kidding me? Obama wrote about his smoke filled haze in his own freakin' bookObama wrote about smoking pot in High School when he was an adolescent. After High School was over, he began to behave like a responsible adult, Bush, on the other hand, when he was already an adult, wasted over a DECADE of his life in a smoke-filled haze. Would you not agree that there is a profound difference between those two cases, PA?

Tom
02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Both are the same thing...irrelevant.
Suppose I told you they both wet their pants at one point.
Get a life.

Tom
02-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Look for my response to the second 'fact' on your list tomorow.

Don't bother....if that is all you'd got, not one thing you posted in reply negates the fact. Bush kept us attack free for 7 years. A pile of whine doesn't change that. Clinton had far more warnings for multiple attacks and failed to act. Bush stepped up to the plate. Bill knelt down at this desk.

Game over. This is beyond debate.

prospector
02-10-2009, 09:04 AM
C'mon now, don't get all huffy. You're just upset I pointed out that you used the word "dribble" when you meant "drivel."
i'm not

LottaKash
02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I believe that, oSama, as just another pretty movie star face, will soon fall into the abyss, and he will be revealed as the "The Great Pretender", that he really is.....

The Kingmakers, the real power behind the throne, have really done a job on us this time around.......sad.

The Banksters, Lobbyists, and the Globalists, are still running the show, and it shows.......

best,

HUSKER55
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Does everyone here understand we are argueing over which president of the USA did drugs and when and then we talk about achievements which can't be verified and we top it off with questionable morals.

The two candidates who didn't do drugs and had open closets, with nothing inside, were laughed and ridiculed into oblivion. There whole lives were an open book. McCains was an honorable one. Sarah is a typical american mom.

Now we have a bunch of overaged juvenile delinquents running the show. What do you really expect?

delayjf
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I believe he graduated to Coke by the time he was in College.

Had a higher GPA than Gore.

Completed military flight school - flew fighter aircraft.

Elected to Governor of Texas twice.

Certainly all this pales in comparison to community organizer :rolleyes: but I'd say he's accomplished a few things.

JustRalph
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Those are pretty good facts!!! So is the economic crisis of now completely the fault of the dem congress?? could bush have done something to prevent it?

I often hear people on this board say its all the dims fault, so it must be

Jballs......did you miss this stuff?

63siCHvuGFg

jballscalls
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Ralph,

thats the first time ive ever seen fox show a positive republican/negative democrat story :lol:

Actually good information, thanks for posting!

Show Me the Wire
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Let me put it this way, Burls, why Bubba X stated you are entitled to your opinion, because almost everything you composed is mere opinio on your part.

George W Bush was a spoiled rotten rich kid with no significant accomplishments in his entire life.

Total opinion, ignoring the fact President Bush was an accomplished, succesful governor prior to being elected president.

Again your mere opinion

Opinion.

Had he not been born into the right family, he'd be working at the Hormel plant right now.

More opinion

Opinion

Even now, people can see that he's going to be remembered as the worst US President in history.

More of the same, opinion

Faulty opinion, his life has been anything but mediocre. Let's see born wealthy, owned businesses, elected governor and then elected president of the U.S.

And everything you said about your savior, Obama, is opinion too, except the only fact regarding age difference.

As Bubba says you have the right to your opinion, but you do not have the right to state your opinions are facts. And for this reason you are acting like a fool.

Bill Clinton's opinion and mine is Obama is a fairy tale. Additionally, in my opinion Obama is farcical.

ddog
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Does everyone here understand we are argueing over which president of the USA did drugs and when and then we talk about achievements which can't be verified and we top it off with questionable morals.

The two candidates who didn't do drugs and had open closets, with nothing inside, were laughed and ridiculed into oblivion. There whole lives were an open book. McCains was an honorable one. Sarah is a typical american mom.

Now we have a bunch of overaged juvenile delinquents running the show. What do you really expect?

if sarah is a typical american mom , then i would not assert the drug angle.
someone is using all these drugs we sell.

sarah as a mom maybe great, i don't know and can't judge from here, as a vp she was not ready and the difference is she could not be validated by the public as being ready since she was not at the top.

I doubt many elections have turned on the vp.

I can't think biden drew in many other than the late night comic who I am sure were for him in a landslide.

as to running the show, well the supporting cast are for the most part the same types.
makes sense I guess.
:lol:

jballscalls
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM

Again your mere opinion

I thought that actually happened??

cj's dad
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I believe that, oSama, as just another pretty movie star face,

What ????

He looks like a black Alfred E. Newman !!!

LottaKash
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Let me put it this way, Burls, why Bubba X stated you are entitled to your opinion, because almost everything you composed is mere opinio on your part.

Total opinion, ignoring the fact President Bush was an accomplished, succesful governor prior to being elected president.

Again your mere opinion

Opinion.

More opinion

Opinion

More of the same, opinion

Faulty opinion, his life has been anything but mediocre. Let's see born wealthy, owned businesses, elected governor and then elected president of the U.S.

And everything you said about your savior, Obama, is opinion too, except the only fact regarding age difference.

As Bubba says you have the right to your opinion, but you do not have the right to state your opinions are facts. And for this reason you are acting like a fool.

Bill Clinton's opinion and mine is Obama is a fairy tale. Additionally, in my opinion Obama is farcical.

BRAVO..!!!!.......:jump:

best,

LottaKash
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
What ????

He looks like a black Alfred E. Newman !!!

Yeah CJ, true by me, but women like this guy......:D

best,

Show Me the Wire
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I thought that actually happened??

Liberal propaganda. If you are refering to the Texas Rangers, I believe you find the team increased in value. Is that failure? Actually, I think people accused Bush at that time for insider trading, because he made a profit.

Maybe his oil compnay ventures? Those types of ventures have a high failure rates.

Now if we were talking about JFK, Jr., may his soul rest in peace, I would agree with Burls rant about being born into wealth, mertiless admission to elite schools, given special treatment to pass the bar, and running businesses into the ground. But I still could not say that he led a mediocre life up to the moment he crashed his airplane and died.

But I digress. My point is Burls passed off his opinion and his expectations as factual data.

cj's dad
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah CJ, true by me, but women like this guy......:D

best,

FYI - he is not a junior !!

LottaKash
02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
FYI - he is not a junior !!

Pardon my faux pas, Poppy.........:jump:

best,

Burls
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why so many of you are determined to defend a man whose administration did such colossal damage to America.
But it is indeed your entitlement to do so.

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Colossal damage...lol :lol: :lol: You must think the President actually has much impact on the economy and whatnot. Are you buying what Obama is selling?

Yes, yes, I know...the big bad Iraq war threw America into an economic tailspin...yeah...ok!

lamboguy
02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
i would love to know where you guys found this 76%.

ArlJim78
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
i would love to know where you guys found this 76%.
it came from CNN, need I say any more?

NJ Stinks
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why so many of you are determined to defend a man whose administration did such colossal damage to America.
But it is indeed your entitlement to do so.

Don't give it another thought, Burls. George's legacy will be all he did for the Democratic party!!:lol:

Marshall Bennett
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't give it another thought, Burls. George's legacy will be all he did for the Democratic party!!:lol:
... and the Democratic party will eventually promote a Bush legacy . :lol:

LottaKash
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Perhaps what you meant was for the Banksters and the Globalist Corporate Buddies of his papa.......

best,