PDA

View Full Version : WHO makes the Brower picks @ The Big 'M'

TimesTheyRAChangin
02-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Note the comment on the 10 horse in the 9th last night.

10 Mikes Beachboy N(L) Was ambitiously spotted off the claim last time. Back where he belongs, but goes from the pole to post ten. Brower’s not a fan of that and neither am I.
TTRAC

LottaKash
02-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah Times, DB does make some wacky and unusual comments, at times.....

A while back, when I took a hiatus from racing to freshen up...Sometimes I would just read his comments, and handicap his handicapping.....It was
scary after awhile, without using the past performances, how I could come up with the top contenders, and often enough on any given nite, to have enough winners to show a real nice profit.....He does have this way of saying things, and he, like us all, has his predjudices, and it often shows in his comments....

I don't go much by his recommendations or anyone else's for that matter, but he does offer some information that may be privvy to his connections, database or just glossed over, that may help the cause at times.......

In his defense, especially at this time of the year, M1 is one tough track....I like other tracks much better at this time of the year.......For me, as much as I enjoy the Meadowlands experience, it is not my best track, to say the least.....This time of the year, the weather is always changing back and forth, and Good Form goes North and South from week to week, and it is chaotic to say the least.....I hate guessing, as it is hard enough to win there with things that you can count on, and when things aren't going your way, that puts a lot of pressure on you, and often you will lose confidence and patience playing at that place in the deep-winter.....:eek:

Ooops, this thread was about Dave Brower......:D

best,

best,

JBmadera
02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Note the comment on the 10 horse in the 9th last night.

10 Mikes Beachboy N(L) Was ambitiously spotted off the claim last time. Back where he belongs, but goes from the pole to post ten. Brower’s not a fan of that and neither am I.
TTRAC

I was watching TVG on Fri and DB made a comment that someone else did the pix/commentary for Fri and Sat since he was in Vegas (thru thurs I guess) for the harness awards. Cannot remember the name of the guy, sorry.

LottaKash
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I was watching TVG on Fri and DB made a comment that someone else did the pix/commentary for Fri and Sat since he was in Vegas (thru thurs I guess) for the harness awards. Cannot remember the name of the guy, sorry.

That would explain a few things, wouldn't it ??...:cool:

best,

The Bit
02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Darren Zoccali did the picks for Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Brower is back today.