PDA

View Full Version : Andy Serling

rolling
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
This guy has to be the worst public handicapper a 2yr old can pick more winners.

the little guy
02-07-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm the worst....no doubt. I suck so badly that my top selection at the current Aqueduct meet, which started in late October, has an ROI in excess of $2.30.

Thanks for watching.

cmoore
02-07-2009, 08:39 PM
This guy has to be the worst public handicapper a 2yr old can pick more winners.

He seems to be mostly a trip handicapper.
His screen name on here is..the little guy..
He might come back atcha with the guns a blazing...:D

cmoore
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm the worst....no doubt. I suck so badly that my top selection at the current Aqueduct meet, which started in late October, has an ROI in excess of $2.30.

Thanks for watching.

You forgot to put a negative in front of that $2.30...:faint:

hbeck
02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I would say Andy is the best NYRA on air handicapper I have seen since I've been watching (I am 24).

Being a public handicapper ain't easy - I wouldn't criticize any of them. There is a reason almost everyone who plays this game loses in the long run...

Tom
02-07-2009, 08:55 PM
He gave me a cold exacta at Toga last year.
I have erected a statue of him in my backyard.

cmoore
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
He gave me a cold exacta at Toga last year.
I have erected a statue of him in my backyard.

I'm sure you've knocked it down since..:lol:

Red Knave
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow, Andy, a thread on PA with YOUR NAME ON IT!!

Now you are really and truly famous.

It's only right.

;)

the little guy
02-07-2009, 09:11 PM
True. I've finally reached the pinnacle.

My Mom is going to be so excited.

BUD
02-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow--I hope this is like a joke---

here is a busy guy-----goes outta his way---Helps me---gets me some things i asked NYRA for long before---MR Serling gets involved--done---He NEVER asked for nothing--Never braged---I may add--he did not need to do it either--

He is top dog in my book--He doesn't need me to say any of this---I am sure he has helped out many like me ---Its to bad its good guys like him seem to get pssed on----

I dunno I enjoy that show with Blewitt and----The MS fog again-----forget the other guys name-------sht!! anyway----They put together a good informative pre race------Give out good info---- Hey I appreciate it---------And what he does off the show---------the good deeds no one sees and he doesn't Bragg about---

OTM Al
02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Rule #5.... No matter how good something is, some horseplayer will find something to complain about.

"rolling" of the 28 posts sounds like a guy if you gave him a 50-1 winner would complain because you didn't tell him to use the favorite underneath in an exacta. Take your losses like a grownup and quit trying to blame someone else for them.

DanG
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
“Unfortunately” for race watchers it’s actually just the opposite. You spend 3+ hours on a card and between him and Donavan (is that his name?) they hand out choice information for free / to an already sharp crowd.

True; he is clearly not in the class of the Beulah Twins, but the guy certainly does his work and is more then willing to share.

BTW: Purple hearts to ANYONE working on the backside at Aqueduct this winter. (Any cold weather circuit for that matter) I can’t imagine getting there before sunrise to chip the ice from the feed tub. :faint:

ArlJim78
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
True. I've finally reached the pinnacle.

My Mom is going to be so excited.

hold on, what if rolling is your mom?

Dave Schwartz
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Rolling,

Try going live with your picks some time. Oh, and don't forget to use your real name so that everyone knows precisely who you are.

Then report back and tell us about the experience.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Shemp Howard
02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
This thread reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. The one with Burgess Meridith.:eek:

bobphilo
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM
“Unfortunately” for race watchers it’s actually just the opposite. You spend 3+ hours on a card and between him and Donavan (is that his name?) they hand out choice information for free / to an already sharp crowd.

True; he is clearly not in the class of the Beulah Twins, but the guy certainly does his work and is more then willing to share.

BTW: Purple hearts to ANYONE working on the backside at Aqueduct this winter. (Any cold weather circuit for that matter) I can’t imagine getting there before sunrise to chip the ice from the feed tub. :faint:

I agree from personal experience about the NYRA winter backstretch experience. We stabled our horses at Belmont during the winter meet of 1980 at Aqueduct with sub-zero temps. I developed frostbite in all my fingers in both hands in the first 2 weeks. Brrrrrr and ouch!!

Bob

clore1030
02-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Not to dismiss him or his abilities, but I make my own selections. I don't "consult" with any public handicappers. I do pay attention to his picks though as his preferences do affect the odds. I'll come up with a horse, he'll agree 10 minutes before post time, and suddenly my 5/2 goes off at 3/2.

What I do like is when we disagree, and he literally mentions that my pick is no good. if it comes in, I'm going to get a better price than I anticipated.

Almost by design his job is going to annoy more persons than it pleases. Thirty minutes after making someone happy while they collect, he'll probably have them swearing at him when they tear up the next ticket. It's like what a rider goes through from one race to the next.

I love the Trips and Traps Show though, so if you're paying attention Andy, kudos for that.

bobphilo
02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Andy, In my handicapping I rely heavily on acurate speed figures and my interpretations of a horse's changing form. I therefore depend on reliable trip analysis to evaluate how the horses figures were earned. In this you provide an invaluable service and you do it well with intelligence and humor. Keep up the good work, little guy.

Bob

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Another friend of Andy's causing mischief I see...