PDA

View Full Version : Robert B. Lewis and Strub Selections

FlyinLate
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM
The Robert B Lewis stakes is going to have a majority of the betting public centered on I Want Revenge and Pioneerof The Nile. Bittel Road should also get alot of play after her troubled trip in the CashCall. In my opinion, this was a much weaker CashCall than last year (Last years produced Into Mischief, Colonel John, Monba). The horse that will have my undivided attention is the #8 Shafted. Broke his maiden at first asking after leaving the gate spotting the field. Came back in the Display Stakes where he ran sixth due to a lack of room. This race has proven to be a VERY strong race. Patena came back to run a game second to Fresian Fire in the Lecomte, Hooh Why came out of this race to run second in a stakes 2 weeks back, and Bear's Rocket (finished 4th in Display) came back to run second in the Holy Bull. Shafted leaves that race and came back with a strong allowance race after a rough start.

Heavy WP #8 Shafted
Use in your Pick3's and Gimmicks.

As for the Strub, I had Nownownow in has last win and it was not a fluke. The combination of adding blinkers and stretching out was exactly what this horse needed to unleash the talent he has. Look for him running late.

Heavy WP #7 Nownownow
Use in your Pick3's and Gimmicks.