PDA

View Full Version : Barely two weeks on the job and it's time for a vacation?

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2009, 11:06 AM
How funny is this? How many times did Bush bashers point out how often Bush went "on vacation" to Camp David?

I wonder if they are out in force now, criticizing Obama as he takes off for Camp David in the middle of one of "the worst financial and economic crisis EVER?"

Nah, I betcha they are going to tell us that the President never really goes on vacation, and that he will be working from Camp David...oh, wait a minute...that's what Tom and some others said in response to those who criticized Bush for taking too much vacation over his eight years....

Oh well, Obama did say change was coming. I suppose this includes a change in the way the very same actions by both Bush and Obama are interpreted and presented to the country.

In other words, duplicity.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_restless_obama_and_family_head_to_camp_d.html

usetheforce
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
PA Obama needs a vacation, its a tough life when the Repuplicans aren't rolling over and passing every pork package he wants, look he has turned from saying he will save the world, to the sky is falling, plus he needs some time to look for the next politician who hasn't paid there taxes so he can appoint them to a cabinet positions......

ArlJim78
02-07-2009, 12:45 PM
i wonder if this is the earliest ever Camp David getaway? somebody must keep track of this kind of stuff. i'll bet Obama set's a vacation record for presidents.
he doesn't exactly strike me as a work-a-holic.

BUD
02-07-2009, 01:23 PM
i wonder if this is the earliest ever Camp David getaway? somebody must keep track of this kind of stuff. i'll bet Obama set's a vacation record for presidents.
he doesn't exactly strike me as a work-a-holic.

I looked and could not find anything---But Camp David started as a getaway in 1978 correct?

He could just say---Under the present conditions he was in need to meet with Camp David Security Personnel---And they needed to go thru security procedures.

That would work for me. I'd be sticking up for him:lol:

Why does this whole thing remind me of the Sitcom the Jefferson's?----Before anyone goes there----NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disrespect------Really!!

I can see he and campaign advisor David Ploughe hanging their feet off the bridge spray painting graffiti:D

GaryG
02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I looked and could not find anything---But Camp David started as a getaway in 1978 correct?No, Ike used to go there. Named it after his grandson.

BUD
02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
No, Ike used to go there. Named it after his grandson.

Can I blame the meds----or say I did not really click in----Wow---For a History major--That is unreal----What makes it worse---Its a total blank-------You should just see what I did with one of my wagers--ugh---I am a waste of air on some days----

Honestly thanks for the correction........

I am just real dumb some days----today being terrible..

falconridge
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
somebody must keep track of this kind of stuff. i'll bet Obama set's a vacation record for presidents. he doesn't exactly strike me as a work-a-holic.
Scrupulous records are indeed kept of such things: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/19/politics/bush_legacy/main4735360.shtml

Our 44th president will have his work cut out--in more ways than one :rolleyes: (though of course all executive leaves, in both the public and private sector, are "working" vacations :D )--if he's to break the record of 977 days set by his immediate predecessor (all or part of 487 days on 149 sojourns at Camp David; all or part of 490 on 77 trips to the Crawford hideaway), even if Obama does serve two terms as chief executive.

Not that slicing a few Titleists or scattering some buckshot in the duck blind are necessarily bad, even if the bogey shooters are doing it on the public dime--money that's almost always put to better use in the purchase of green fees and galoshes, anyway. As Will Rogers observed, "Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for."

Vacation records of recent U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D) Georgia: 79 Days (over 1 term—4 years)
Ronald Reagan (R) California: 335 days (over 2 terms—8 years)
George H. W. Bush (R) Texas: 543 days (over 1 term—4 years)
William J. Clinton (D) Arkansas: 152 days (over 2 terms—8 years)

Tom
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
In the case of Obama, it is a GOOD thing is he is out the office.:D

He must be working on his lies, er, speech Monday evening. He will screw up the TV schedule, so instead of watching HEROES and pretending we have people with super powers, we can watch him and pretend we have a president.

lsbets
02-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Is he seriously going on TV Monday night? If he screws with 24 just to tell us we all need to bow down to his wishes or we're going to hell, I'm going to be really pissed.

RichieP
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Can I blame the meds----or say I did not really click in----Wow---For a History major--That is unreal----What makes it worse---Its a total blank-------You should just see what I did with one of my wagers--ugh---I am a waste of air on some days----

I am just real dumb some days----today being terrible..

Hi Bud
A family member is battling the same illness you are.

In you I see a man who is able to wake each day and tell those close to him "I Love you". There is NOTHING more important in life than being able to do that.NOTHING.Those simple words supercharge the air around you and uplift those that receive your Blessed thoughts.

Consider these little "fog periods" to be just that. Periods of time that pass.

Keep spreading your LOVE Budman. That word is your beacon that cuts right through your illness. People need you like that man. The world needs that from you. Too many folks walking with their heads down, sealed up in these new buildings where no fresh air gets to their lungs and hearts.

I work every day to change the way I look at things. When I do often the things I look at change.

I look up to you and we have never met. Thank you for that:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_jlRbDNgM

** I apologize for thread drift to those involved in the threads title.**

Tom
02-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Is he seriously going on TV Monday night? If he screws with 24 just to tell us we all need to bow down to his wishes or we're going to hell, I'm going to be really pissed.

Monday at 8 pm. He is intentionally screwing with 24 because Jack Bauer is a real American, not a disputed one like Barry "Where's my BC" Obama. :D
He is hoping to give the terrorists an extra week to pull off their attack.

Bubba X
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I could give a s--t where Obama is sleeping any given night.

I'm more concened about the Obama birth certificate conspiracy that seems not to be getting the media scrutiny it deserves.

BUD
02-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you Sir---The thought is treasured-----Especially when I could not find the info that falconridge found-----Wow-----I am a walking:bang: today---most days--------I have printed out your post---for times like these----

now someone rectify GHB taking 543 days over 1 term as it says-------it doesn't say as VP the Prez 2 terms----Wow I'm lost----I guess GHB was lost too---he invented time to kill..

Hi Bud
A family member is battling the same illness you are.

In you I see a man who is able to wake each day and tell those close to him "I Love you". There is NOTHING more important in life than being able to do that.NOTHING.Those simple words supercharge the air around you and uplift those that receive your Blessed thoughts.

Consider these little "fog periods" to be just that. Periods of time that pass.

Keep spreading your LOVE Budman. That word is your beacon that cuts right through your illness. People need you like that man. The world needs that from you. Too many folks walking with their heads down, sealed up in these new buildings where no fresh air gets to their lungs and hearts.

I work every day to change the way I look at things. When I do often the things I look at change.

I look up to you and we have never met. Thank you for that:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_jlRbDNgM

** I apologize for thread drift to those involved in the threads title.**

jballscalls
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM
after the campaign and these first couple weeks, dude probably needs a couple days off. Maybe a vacation will help him clear his head for all the nonsense that has been his presidency so far. his approval rating has already tumbled 15 or 20 points ina few weeks.

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
He'll sum up it all up at some point with 4 brief words " It's all Bush's fault "

Tom
02-07-2009, 07:09 PM
e did, Friday.....said he inherited a financial mess.
Duh, No Shot, Sherlock, YOU knew going in what was happening, YOUR party caused it, YOU said you had the big plans, so Barry, do me a favor and STFU.
Now is the time for action....speeches are for Harvard. You are in the big league now, Barry.......not up to it?

Square One.....Barry knew EVERYTHING going in, so surprises ( like 9-11) this time. No excuses, no Bush's fault. Put up or shut up, Barry. Better yet, put up and shut up, I'm sick of listening to your moronic babble.

BTW, where the HELL is my tax cut? YOU promised 95% of us would get a tax cut. Where is it, Barry........is your word no good?

After less than a week in office, Barack Obama's approval rating plunges 15 points :lol::lol::lol:

jballscalls
02-07-2009, 07:19 PM
How did his party cause the bad economy?? i thought it was more the banks/lenders and irresponsible borrowers of money??

toetoe
02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
We hear Cindy Sheehan will NOT be bothering HRH King Barack I during his respite.

Says here the record for down time is held by internist M. Lewinsky. :confused:

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
We hear Cindy Sheehan will NOT be bothering HRH King Barack I during his respite.

Cindy exhausted her pea sized brain during Bush's reign , I don't think the king has much to worry about .

Burls
02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
He'll sum up it all up at some point with 4 brief words " It's all Bush's fault "I don't think Barack will waste his time telling us stuff we already know.
By the way, when you're having your episode of 24 preempted, you can console yourself with the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is a real American while Kiefer Sutherland is not. He was born in London, England of Canadian parents and has always enjoyed dual British/Canadian citizenship.

bill
02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
i dont post too often, but this is drift that all should follow

that was a beautiful post

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't think Barack will waste his time telling us stuff we already know.
By the way, when you're having your episode of 24 preempted, you can console yourself with the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is a real American while Kiefer Sutherland is not. He was born in London, England of Canadian parents and has always enjoyed dual British/Canadian citizenship.
I've never watched 24 , know nothing about it . Have never followed Kiefer Sutherland , know little about him . You either have me mixed up with someone else or are simply throwing darts . Which ever ,I don't care , in time you'll see the light .

Tom
02-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Kiefer who?
JACK BAUER is 100% American. :cool:

Rookies
02-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Kiefer who?
JACK BAUER is 100% American. :cool:

Hmmm... not surprising that some members here find solace in fictional characters. Well, Jack/ Kiefer has said:

"I have never seen anyone - and I really do not believe this - I have not seen an average citizen in the US or anywhere else who has watched an hour of 24 and after watching was struck by this uncontrollable urge to go out and torture someone. It's ludicrous. "

Of course, he's never met anyone on this Forum !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow, it's shocking that none of those who formerly criticized Bush for taking all those vacations are speaking up to criticize Obama...

Well, no, it's not REALLY shocking. :lol:
Duplicity RULES baby! Keep spinning the good spin!

Tom
02-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Here's another little factoid about Obama/Bush.

Bush was blamed for every mis-step FMEA took in Katrina.
Now, FMEA is handing out emergency food kits that contain CONTAMINATED/POISONOUS PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTS!!! FMEA MIGHT BE KILLING PEOPLE!

Obama is responsible for FMEA, so where is the outrage when the president tries to murder citizens!!!!

NJ Stinks
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Wow, it's shocking that none of those who formerly criticized Bush for taking all those vacations are speaking up to criticize Obama...

Duplicity RULES baby! Keep spinning the good spin!

Between funny Tommy saying everything wrong is the other party's fault and your astute remarks, is it any wonder Obama won this election in a walk? :rolleyes:

Just so you don't misunderstand, Bush's war while cutting taxes and his de-regulation mantra are two big reasons why we are screwed today.

And PA, Camp David isn't a vacation, but going to the ranch in Crawford was. (At least as much as a prez could be on vacation.)

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2009, 02:17 AM
And PA, Camp David isn't a vacation, but going to the ranch in Crawford was. (At least as much as a prez could be on vacation.)Point, set and match. Game over.

NJ Stinks
02-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Point, set and match. Game over.

Do you ever sleep, PA? :)

boxcar
02-08-2009, 02:39 AM
How did his party cause the bad economy?? i thought it was more the banks/lenders and irresponsible borrowers of money??

But who was it that forced the banks to make bad loans!? To assume more risks than they normally do? Remember Clinton? Remember his Community Reinvestment Act? Remember how the Clinton Justice Dept. was breathing down the necks of banks to make those bad loans, lest they turn their prosecuting dogs loose on these institutions for race discrimination?

Government meddling in the private sector is the root cause of our current problems. And I don't see any end to it. This whole moronic "stimulus" package wont grow anything in the private sector, but it surely will grow the government! It's no wonder at all prez Stinky wants as many Repugs' names on this package as possible because he knows from the git go that this whole thing is just a huge dog and pony show that is sure to fail. And he certainly doesn't want just the Dems taking all the heat for their dismal failure.

Boxcar

Burls
02-08-2009, 05:12 AM

Duplicity RULES baby! Keep spinning the good spin!According to the site I looked at:
President Barack Obama plans to make his first trip to the presidential retreat at Camp David this weekend.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says Obama and his family will spend Saturday night in Maryland's Catoctin Mountains. It will be Obama's first trip to the country estate as president.
Gibbs says the Obamas will leave Saturday and return on Sunday.

After putting in 80 hour weeks, Obama is taking ONE DAY to spend with his family at Camp David, and you are complaining PA?
Come on.

jballscalls
02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
\Remember Clinton? Remember his Community Reinvestment Act? Remember how the Clinton Justice Dept. was breathing down the necks of banks to make those bad loans, lest they turn their prosecuting dogs loose on these institutions for race discrimination?

Boxcar

Actually no i dont remember, i was 11 when he got elected LOL but thanks for the information.

toetoe
02-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Okay now, Marsh, I'm trying to imagine CShee's big ol' funky cerebral mass. I am visualizing ... whirled peas. :jump: ... okay, maybe :bang: , after all.

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm more concened about the Obama birth certificate conspiracy that seems not to be getting the media scrutiny it deserves.Could we at least get a look at some of his college work? I want to learn all I can about my new President, and since there is relatively little to go on, I want to read all the stuff he'd rather not have me read! :lol:

So, forget about the birth certificate. Let me have a look at his Columbia and Harvard papers. Have they been released yet? Will they go into his LIBRARY once he's out of office? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2009, 11:38 PM
After putting in 80 hour weeks, Obama is taking ONE DAY to spend with his family at Camp David, and you are complaining PA?
Come on.I'm not complaining at all. I say he should go to Camp David as often as he wishes, or his schedule will permit.

I know that a President never really has an OFF day, no matter where he PHYSICALLY may be located...that's the point.

And that's the point missed by the ignorant ones who bashed Bush for taking too many "vacations," the point I am now driving home quite successfully, judging by the replies.

HUSKER55
02-09-2009, 05:16 AM
He also leaned on the shovel when he was planting acorns. Now he will find out what work really is.

jballscalls
02-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Could we at least get a look at some of his college work? I want to learn all I can about my new President, and since there is relatively little to go on, I want to read all the stuff he'd rather not have me read! :lol:

So, forget about the birth certificate. Let me have a look at his Columbia and Harvard papers. Have they been released yet? Will they go into his LIBRARY once he's out of office? :lol:

just curious but who keeps the papers from college?? i know in my 4 years at University and one year of law school, they always gave the papers back to us, but i always just mucked them. Are their people that actually keep that crap?

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2009, 02:16 AM
just curious but who keeps the papers from college?? i know in my 4 years at University and one year of law school, they always gave the papers back to us, but i always just mucked them. Are their people that actually keep that crap?OK, ok. How about a thesis or two, or a transcript? Anything?

Maybe I missed the release. Maybe they let a few choice reporters pour over his college history in a locked room kinda like they did with McCain's medical records...:lol:

Tom
02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
U*P*D*A*T*E

Barry the Liar is on vacation again this weekend.
Well, the po' boy never held a full time job before, so I guess he is tired from dodging the truth, skirting the issues, and lying out of both side of his mouth since the 20TH. :lol:

As a private citizen, this dude is an embarrassment....as a prez....:eek:

Like the girl said in Animal House....Barry, "Don't you have any respect for yourself?"

Tom
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
He also leaned on the shovel when he was planting acorns. Now he will find out what work really is.

His whole administration can be described as "shovel ready."
A real honey pot of a staff so far.

jballscalls
02-14-2009, 06:35 PM
As a private citizen, this dude is an embarrassment...."

that seems like a bit of a stretch. Guy went to school, has been successful and has raised what appear to be two lovely children. Compared to most of the private citizens i've encountered in my 28 years in America, he is if anything "above average"

Tom
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Not a stretch at all. Got his house from the mob, never held a real job, is scared to reveal any of his writings from college....sounds like a mafia don to me. Or an illegal aliean - where is that pesky birth cert anyway?

Ned Locke
02-14-2009, 09:16 PM
In two weeks Obama has accomplished more than "Retreat Dubya" did not only in his 8 years, but in his entire mispent life! Yeah, maybe he earned a day off...lol

:lol:

According to the site I looked at:
President Barack Obama plans to make his first trip to the presidential retreat at Camp David this weekend.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says Obama and his family will spend Saturday night in Maryland's Catoctin Mountains. It will be Obama's first trip to the country estate as president.
Gibbs says the Obamas will leave Saturday and return on Sunday.

Come on.

Tom
02-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Hank's got a brother?
In fourth grade?

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
In two weeks Obama has accomplished more than "Retreat Dubya" did not only in his 8 years, but in his entire mispent life! Yeah, maybe he earned a day off...lol

:lol:How so? One could also ponder that the country has taken many steps backward with every stroke of Obama's mighty pen.

You see closing down Gitmo and rolling back many of the security provisions put into place since 9/11 as accomplishments...I say give it some time before putting these kinds of risky actions into the "CHECK" column of Obama's report card.

And now this stimulus package...I suppose you see this as an accomplishment as well, even before we know whether or not it will "work."

Interesting how some are evaluating Obama at this point...both on the right and the left.

Bubba X
02-16-2009, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]How so? One could also ponder that the country has taken many steps backward with every stroke of Obama's mighty pen.

And now this stimulus package...I suppose you see this as an accomplishment as well, even before we know whether or not it will "work."

QUOTE]
He just delivered a $380 Billion tax cut, including the AMT. Also $100 Bil for Education. Help for housing, auto industries, energy, etc...

You see only the bacon bits sprinkled on top.

Fact is, he's delivering on what he said he'd do. Apparently that is what bothers you.

Tom
02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Calling pork a stimulus...like putting lipstick on a pig.
He has delivered our children d their children to the poorhouse.
Most of what is in this bill is meaningless, not needed, will not create jobs, will actually kill many jobs, and greatly increase our dependency on foreign nations.

Great stuff. We did need $1 of this bill....not $1.

ArlJim78
02-16-2009, 10:30 AM
last week the savior was running around talking down the economy, talking about dire consequences if we didn't pass the stimulus immediately. rush, rush, don't think, just vote. They closed the door and came out with an agreement, barely got it posted by midnight thursday night and voted on it Friday violating the saviors pledge regarding transparency and a five day review period for major legislation. but let's not quibble over a few lies.

so why does the savior wait for a photo-op moment to sign the bill on Presidents day tomorrow? I thought it was a dire emergency, shouldn't he have signed it on Friday night right after it passed in order to start putting people back to work? oh that's right, he had a romantic get-away weekend in Chicago with Michelle, so he was busy. and if he can take several days to get ready to sign it, why couldn't we have had real transparency and a full accounting of all that is in the bill before they voted on it.
NOBODY who voted on it had read the entire bill!!!!!!!!!

this is our new one-party system in action. a modest $56 Billion stimulus plan that is put forth in September, grows into a behemoth $780 Billion after everyone gets their "taste". I can't wait for the budget process.

Tom
02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Next up for this stooge is a housing bill to pay the mortgage payments o for those who never should have been given a loan in the first place.
So, the reward for the majority who pay their mortgages ( and taxes, unlike democrat nominees, it would appear!) is to be further burdened in trying times by having to pay for homes we do not get to live in.
And grab your ankles, this baby is projected to start out at about $50 billion, so expect another trillion before it is over.

Oh, that $800 billion porker just passed is estimated to cost us $3.27 trillion over the next ten years.

ArlJim78
02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
its like this country is now run by a mob family. Micheal Corlene and Hyman Roth had nothing over this bunch. Here's the cast;

The Godfather played by Bill Clinton
Michael Corlene played by Obama.
Connie Corlene played by Hillary Clinton
Freddo (I'm smart) Corlene played by Joe Biden
Hyman Roth played by Barney Frank
Barzini played Nancy Pelosi
Tom Hagen played by David Axlerod
Frank Pentangeli (Frankie Five Fingers) played by Rod Blagoyevich
Clemenza played by Rahm Emanuel
Moe Green played by Harry Reid
Rocco played by Richard Daley
Luka Brazzi played by Chris Dodd
Senator Geary played by Arlen Spector

Secretariat
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
He just delivered a $380 Billion tax cut, including the AMT. Also $100 Bil for Education. Help for housing, auto industries, energy, etc...

You see only the bacon bits sprinkled on top.

Fact is, he's delivering on what he said he'd do. Apparently that is what bothers you.

Excellent post. This is really to the heart of the matter. A 380 billion tax cut. You'd think republicans would be dancing in the street. Problem is they prefer those tax cuts in the higher brackets.

Tom
02-16-2009, 05:53 PM
He said a 500/1000 dollar rebate. Now it is 400/800, and it is not a check it is $13 a week until January, then $8 week. Real good. It will cost us $56 a week to get the 13! And not tax cuts for business, to spur hiring. This bill is a disaster. It will cost over 3 trillion over the next 10 years.
We already have over 55 trillion dollars out there in promises that we will never be able to honor. And this fool is adding more and more and more, the vast majority of it is pet projects and nothing to do with stimulus.

Boris
02-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Excellent post. This is really to the heart of the matter. A 380 billion tax cut. You'd think republicans would be dancing in the street. Problem is they prefer those tax cuts in the higher brackets.
How many jobs will be created or saved from this $380 billion tax cut, in your estimation?

boxcar
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM

And just who gets these tax cuts and how much does it mean in terms of average dollars put back into the pockets of those of us who actually pay taxes to begin with?

Boxcar

Secretariat
02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
How many jobs will be created or saved from this $380 billion tax cut, in your estimation?

The following article is quite good in this regard.

"Douglas Elmendorf, director of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, wrote in a recent memo to lawmakers. "Some economists remain skeptical that there would be any significant effects, while others expect very large ones."

Asked to predict how many jobs an earlier, $887 billion draft of the measure would create, Elmendorf offered lawmakers a range that "encompasses a majority of economists' views." At the high end, he wrote, the measure could be expected to create 3.9 million jobs. But at the low end, the bill might create only about 1.3 million jobs by the end of 2010."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/12/AR2009021203832.html

The one thing it doesn't address is the number of jobs saved. The money to the states save a considerable amount of jobs. I've seen some Governors make claims of 2000-5000 employees saved from layoffs pending the amount of stimulus aid.

Secretariat
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
And just who gets these tax cuts and how much does it mean in terms of average dollars put back into the pockets of those of us who actually pay taxes to begin with?

Boxcar

THis link has an excellent break down on this question.

"Stimulus: Who Gets The Tax Cuts
Reuters article

"The $789 billion U.S. economic stimulus package contains numerous tax provisions including $282 billion in tax cuts. Both the Senate and the House are expected to vote Friday on the package, which President Barack Obama says is essential to boost the U.S. economy out of its recession.

Here are the tax cut details:"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29181656

Boris
02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
The following article is quite good in this regard.

"Douglas Elmendorf, director of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, wrote in a recent memo to lawmakers. "Some economists remain skeptical that there would be any significant effects, while others expect very large ones."

Asked to predict how many jobs an earlier, $887 billion draft of the measure would create, Elmendorf offered lawmakers a range that "encompasses a majority of economists' views." At the high end, he wrote, the measure could be expected to create 3.9 million jobs. But at the low end, the bill might create only about 1.3 million jobs by the end of 2010."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/12/AR2009021203832.html

The one thing it doesn't address is the number of jobs saved. The money to the states save a considerable amount of jobs. I've seen some Governors make claims of 2000-5000 employees saved from layoffs pending the amount of stimulus aid.
I've seen that, but that wasn't my question. I was asking specifically about the $380 billion tax cut. How many jobs will be created or saved from this $380 billion tax cut, in your estimation?

And to another point you've brought up, I expect my Republican governor to grab all he can of this bill. Afterall, I am paying for it, and b) better here than the money pit of California. Ol' Charlie is going to use it to lower my taxes. Now that is some funny shit. :lol:

hcap
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
What did Georgie do in his first few weeks as prez?

http://www.bartcop.com/saved-us-yet.jpg

hcap
02-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Debunking the recent repug myth about the great depression and how FDR helped us out before WWII....

"From the moment FDR began to enact the programs of the New Deal, the economy began its recovery. After four years of steady declines, Roosevelt's programs brought on an immediate improvement in the national fortune. Within three years, the national GDP exceeded the level in 1929. By the time the bombs fell at Pearl Harbor, the GDP had been up every year but one since 1933, and that one downward tick in 1937 marks the exact point at which budget hawks forced cuts in the New Deal programs.

...These days, we define recessions as two consecutive quarters of declining gross domestic product. By that measure, when did the Great Depression end? One quarter after Roosevelt took office, that's when."

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/363/Depression_GDP_output_1.gif

Tom
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
He is on ANOTHER vacation. :eek:

Java Gold@TFT
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
He is on ANOTHER vacation. :eek:
I love that the White House press staff is advertising this one as his FIRST vacation as President. What was he doing last week? I saw two sham "town hall" meetings crammed into 5 days with the wife and kids touring Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, shopping and white water rafting. What was the little family trip to Europe a couple of months ago with wife and kids in tow. I saw the family vactation pictures from Buckingham Palace, Moscow, the Vatican and Kenya. I guess if you bring the family along and have one or two "Official" appointments then it doesn't count as a family vacation.

I also find it ironic that his latest vacation was delayed by Hurricane "Bill". :lol:

Lefty
08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
The libs are always saying their leaders, their Pres,are more in touch with the common man than Repubs. Let's see about that...
Reagan vacationed on his ranch in CA. GW Bush vacationed on his ranch in TX
Clinton when he was Pres and Obama vacation in Martha's Vineyard, with the rich people. Hmmm...

Java Gold@TFT
08-25-2009, 06:25 AM
The libs are always saying their leaders, their Pres,are more in touch with the common man than Repubs. Let's see about that...
Clinton when he was Pres and Obama vacation in Martha's Vineyard, with the rich people. Hmmm...
Don't forget the senior Bush vacationed on his personal property in Kennebunkport. Maybe Obama should think about vacationing in Chicago and taking the kids to a Whitte Sox game instead of taking the kids to the beach. Also he is staying at an estate that rents for $35,000 per week. Reagan, Bush and Bush all vacationed on properties they were actually paying taxes on.

Lefty
08-25-2009, 11:16 AM
java, thanks I actually couldn't remember where GH vacationed. The gist is,as you know, that
the R's closer to the rest of us than these phony dims.

jballscalls
08-25-2009, 11:28 AM
what does it matter where he takes his family on a vacation?? i could care less if he takes them to disneyland or chicago or a rich beach. I mean i know you guys are going to bitch about everything he does no matter what, but c'mon. It's his time with his family, he can do whatever he wants. Bush vacationed in Texas at his ranch because it's where he liked to go. Do you think he didn't go to some exotic place because he thought it would look bad that the president was spending too much??? LOL no it's cause he's a ranch guy. Obama is a rich guy, so he's taking his kids on a rich guy vacation.

Marshall Bennett
08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I have no problem with him taking a vacation . The longer he stays the less he can screw up back at home . Everything he touches turns to shit anyway .

ddog
08-25-2009, 12:16 PM

how many "common people" do you know that have a ranch bought and given to them?

You see , leftover, to vacation on a place/retreat you own -- that would normally qualify as "rich", i KNOW this for a fact.

But, to have to rent a place to vacation, to have to pay someone to let you use the masters house for a week or so, well I know this for a fact, that's not the rich guy.

Someday you will blunder into common sense on SOMETHING.

still waiting though...................... :sleeping:

ddog
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
java, thanks I actually couldn't remember where GH vacationed. The gist is,as you know, that
the R's closer to the rest of us than these phony dims.

the GIST is , NONE of them are close to YOU in the way you postulate.

You , however MUST maintain that fiction as does the pseudo middle class in this country as that's all that keeps you going.

cj's dad
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
It is truly remarkable dog that you and you alone are able to grasp all these philosophical insights that the rest of us poor uneducated common folk find so difficult to comprehend.

One other thought - does this guy ever work ? When was the last published picture of him sitting in the Oval office at his desk actually doing something ?

ddog
08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
thkx

I guess.

Just trying to do my part to keep the commentary out of the ditch.
:D

ddog
08-25-2009, 01:14 PM
It is truly remarkable dog that you and you alone are able to grasp all these philosophical insights that the rest of us poor uneducated common folk find so difficult to comprehend.

One other thought - does this guy ever work ? When was the last published picture of him sitting in the Oval office at his desk actually doing something ?

Just one question, do you think that one can only work behind a desk?

Plus, given you poor common folks antipathy toward the black messiah , you SHOULD be contributing to a vacation fund it seems. :rolleyes:

have you awaken from a decades LONG comma dad?

This is a news-flash for you--- many people work very hard that are not behind a desk or hitched to a plow these days.
:jump:

Show Me the Wire
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't believe he actually performs the work of governing any place. He just campaigns.

His many vacations gives the rest of us a break from the never-ending story.

ddog
08-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't believe he actually performs the work of governing anyplace. He just campaigns.

Now , see , there's a guy that gets it.

It is hard work though to make it appear like YOU are working when in fact you are the front man for the real work being done.

riskman
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
How funny is this? How many times did Bush bashers point out how often Bush went "on vacation" to Camp David?

I wonder if they are out in force now, criticizing Obama as he takes off for Camp David in the middle of one of "the worst financial and economic crisis EVER?"

Nah, I betcha they are going to tell us that the President never really goes on vacation, and that he will be working from Camp David...oh, wait a minute...that's what Tom and some others said in response to those who criticized Bush for taking too much vacation over his eight years....

Oh well, Obama did say change was coming. I suppose this includes a change in the way the very same actions by both Bush and Obama are interpreted and presented to the country.

In other words, duplicity.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_restless_obama_and_family_head_to_camp_d.html

Not much difference between the two. Different parties same old BS. Both big spenders, --one wants health care reform--and the Republican light version had his Prescription Drug Program for Medicare. Both are owned lock stock and barrel by the lobbyists for health care, big Pharm and Defense. Who is footing the bill for the Bama vacation in the Vinyard?

Java Gold@TFT
08-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't believe he actually performs the work of governing any place. He just campaigns.

His many vacations gives the rest of us a break from the never-ending story.
Now, now. I am sure that he was personally responsible for writing the 1,000 page health care policy and he re-read it twice to make sure that it was exactly what he wanted to say. Give the man credit - he slaved hard enough and long enough over the philosohy and wording of every element that he needed another vacation. :lol:

P.S. I like that he took the time out of his vacation for a press exposure to announce that he wanted Bernecke back. Maybe an 'official" appearence will negate the "vacation" and he will have his FIRST vacation some other time.

NJ Stinks
08-26-2009, 12:41 AM
how many "common people" do you know that have a ranch bought and given to them?

You see , leftover, to vacation on a place/retreat you own -- that would normally qualify as "rich", i KNOW this for a fact.

But, to have to rent a place to vacation, to have to pay someone to let you use the masters house for a week or so, well I know this for a fact, that's not the rich guy.

Don't burst the balloon, Ddog. These folks just need to wail no matter what.

Something like comfort food I imagine.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Something like comfort food I imagine.I love platitudes like these...keep 'em comin'!

They really help to smarten' up the place...:lol:

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 11:39 AM

Someday you will blunder into common sense on SOMETHING.

still waiting though...................... :sleeping:

Something like comfort food I imagine.

I love platitudes like these...keep 'em comin'!

They really help to smarten' up the place...:lol:

Tell that to your buddies on the right who missed the obvious, PA.

I dare you! :lol:

Tom
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Now, now. I am sure that he was personally responsible for writing the 1,000 page health care policy and he re-read it twice to make sure that it was exactly what he wanted to say. Give the man credit - he slaved hard enough and long enough over the philosohy and wording of every element that he needed another vacation. :lol:

Actually, one of his "community organizing groups wrote the bill. One of the communist/anarchist groups. Congress has no idea what is in it and it shows.

You can bet that this bill is loaded with hidden traps and triggers and segways to a far more powerful and independent government.One we will not enjoy living under. The wolves are at the door and we had better be drying our powder. Unlike the libs, we cannot afford to be happy and sappy and grin a lot. Someone needs to be preparing fo rthe inevitable.

They are already poised to outloaw free speech on the radio through the back door, but I suppose QM will deny that and MP will defend it. Happy and Sappy.

Quagmire
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Actually, one of his "community organizing groups wrote the bill. One of the communist/anarchist groups. Congress has no idea what is in it and it shows.

You can bet that this bill is loaded with hidden traps and triggers and segways to a far more powerful and independent government.One we will not enjoy living under. The wolves are at the door and we had better be drying our powder. Unlike the libs, we cannot afford to be happy and sappy and grin a lot. Someone needs to be preparing fo rthe inevitable.

They are already poised to outloaw free speech on the radio through the back door, but I suppose QM will deny that and MP will defend it. Happy and Sappy.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Black Ruby
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Cool, we're all gonna get segways!!! I've been wanting one of those little two-wheeled things.

Tom
08-28-2009, 01:01 PM
GM is tooling up as we speak! :D

Cars you can count on.

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Tell that to your buddies on the right who missed the obvious, PA.

I dare you! :lol:Yeah, but the scary thing is, you like to consider yourself more knowledgeable, and dare I say, more intelligent than "my buddies on the right."

boxcar
08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Paranoia will destroy ya.

You should see what naivete will do to you.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but the scary thing is, you like to consider yourself more knowledgeable, and dare I say, more intelligent than "my buddies on the right."

I'm pretty sure I'm more open-minded. What do you think, PA? :p

boxcar
08-29-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm more open-minded. What do you think, PA? :p

Wouldn't get an argument from me. You're always open to the party line...and then some.

Boxcar

Tom
08-30-2009, 12:29 AM
If you consider a hole in the head being open minded, then yeah, I guess!:lol: