PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote (unverified)

Dave Schwartz
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by
legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person
receives without working for, another person must work for
without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody
anything that the government does not first take from
somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that
they do not have to work because the other half is going to
take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea
that it does no good to work because somebody else is going
to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the
end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing
it."

~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005 ~~~

boxcar
02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Excellent, Dave! Excellent! This should be voted the post of the year! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

LottaKash
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
it."

State of the Union ?....yikes !........:mad:

best,

DJofSD
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Love it! Thanks for posting it Dave. That quotation coupled with the two cows explanation of the different political modes should make it clear to just about every one.

Quotation of the day? Week? Month?

cj's dad
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
As soon as ddog sees it he will, in his infinite wisdom and uncanny insight declare it "racist".

boxcar
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
As soon as ddog sees it he will, in his infinite wisdom and uncanny insight declare it "racist".

Either that or as being extreme right-wing. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Dave, that pretty mush sums up the differences between libs and real people. :D

Greyfox
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I see the quote by Dr. Rogers was unverified. So I'll take credit for it.;)
I've said it before in another thread:
"Today's Debt = Tomorrow's Taxes."

ddog
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM

you seem distressed.

grab a beer and settle down.

the compliments are getting out of hand, people will get to talking if you don't stop.
:lol:

oh and to calm you and boxy down , actually i am more in agreement with the statement if you say that a country can't tolerate more than 10% who think they don't have to work.

50-50 is way to high.

that also goes for the pensioned, who because of stupid pols and execs conned their way into outlandish benefits that they NEVER paid for.

Also all those who think they should be kept alive by extraordinary means even if they are 90 and drooling on the gvt dole. If they don't have private means either via their own funds or a private insurance then have the grace to check on out.

many more, but that's a little too strong for most.

Those should be cut back today.

ddog
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
this little ditty i got via mail will bring the first post more into today's era.

This is my stimulus package.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My stimulus package is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.

My stimulus package without me is useless.
Without my stimulus package, I am useless

ddog
02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Either that or as being extreme right-wing. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

you see, you should roll your eyes, the quote by itself is neither.

jognlope
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
In NY you can drink or drug yourself into permanent disability and free everything.

ddog
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
yeah, like that goof ball with the 6 kids who couldn't/wouldn't hold a job and then was helped to have just one more , turns out 8 popped out.

Well, that should not be allowed, if you can't show how you can reasonably support your kids then you should not have them and you darn sure should not get gvt help to do the deal.

That's millions of dollars over the life of those kids, if all eight of them survive.

The country is awash in foolish right to life - little house on the prairie attitudes.

There maybe a right , but she and others don't have the right to bring them to life in the first place.

Seems we now need a gvt granted license to birth. gvt is paying the bill they got the right if you come calling.

Show Me the Wire
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
The country is awash in foolish right to life - little house on the prairie attitudes.

This is not a representation of right to life. This is far afield from it. This is the consequence of privacy rights created by Roe.

LottaKash
02-06-2009, 05:43 PM

Maybe us oldtimers should kill ourselves, you know, for the future of the others....

How old are you Dave, maybe you could kick things off....

I wonder what your job would have been in Nazi Germany ?

best,

ddog
02-06-2009, 05:47 PM
ah , the distract and pontificate crowd shows up in force.

hows about the issues at hand?

How do I get my tax dollars out of your hands?

No replies, just hot air blowing around it looks like.

ddog
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe us oldtimers should kill ourselves, you know, for the future of the others....

How old are you Dave, maybe you could kick things off....

I wonder what your job would have been in Nazi Germany ?

best,

i don't know ,BUT, as long as you can support yourself I have no problem with you living to be 300 years old.
epedemic to the society is talk and ramblings , but when the rubber hits the road , well let's just say most would rather be right in the ditch than assume the responsiblity they would preach to others.

Yep, they never have the actions to back their play, but they play very well.

ddog
02-06-2009, 05:50 PM

This is not a representation of right to life. This is far afield from it. This is the consequence of privacy rights created by Roe.

doesn't matter your beliefs, this is how the population seems to play it.
so?

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Notice any posts disappearing? Did you guys think I was kidding when I said I would instantly delete any posts containing personal BS comments?

cj's dad
02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
you seem distressed.

grab a beer and settle down.
that also goes for the pensioned, who because of stupid pols and execs conned their way into outlandish benefits that they NEVER paid for.

As a one time union negotiator, let me help you out a little here. Pensions were always considered to be part of our pay. Every three years, the company would let us know during negotiations that we could only be given a raise of "x" $$ beacuse of all the extraneous costs tacked on to our hourly rate. One year, we called their bluff and offered to take the wage we were being quoted as our hourly rate (strictly in $$$) and pay for our own vacations, holidays, health care, pensions etc... and they wouldn't here of it.

Do you know why? The pension plan was never guaranteed to it's fullest extent and the mystical pension $$$ was money that could be floated by the company as a real cost to the customer when so such cost ever existed at the rate that was being purported. Whew !! Hope you got all that.

ddog
02-09-2009, 01:41 PM
As a one time union negotiator, let me help you out a little here. Pensions were always considered to be part of our pay. Every three years, the company would let us know during negotiations that we could only be given a raise of "x" $$ beacuse of all the extraneous costs tacked on to our hourly rate. One year, we called their bluff and offered to take the wage we were being quoted as our hourly rate (strictly in $$$) and pay for our own vacations, holidays, health care, pensions etc... and they wouldn't here of it.

Do you know why? The pension plan was never guaranteed to it's fullest extent and the mystical pension $$$ was money that could be floated by the company as a real cost to the customer when so such cost ever existed at the rate that was being purported. Whew !! Hope you got all that.

Guess what , just because some companies were idiots and let unions scam them in the past , well that never made it viable going forward and the cost you speak of , yes that was a cost on one side of the ledger but not on the other (as are most things).

Why do you think all the things you listed were your RIGHT to have in the first place?
The pension plan was actually backstopped by the ultimate backstop, the feds/taxpayer so yeah, many companies could get away with playing fast and loose with the pension funding.

You are not going to maintain that the health/pension/time off values were not a cost to the company?

Lots of people used those benefits to replace their private planning so when the companies that made those promises go belly up or can't fund the retirees , many of whom are drawing more than entry level employees woud be(if they were getting hired) then you think that system can survive?

What you describe is exactly the main problem with this whole last 20-30 years.

People seem to think that they can have almost anything they want and never really have to pay for it.

How many of those companies , in order to fund operations and RD cut back in order to drag future into current to survive?
lots.

Finally, i doubt you were actually willing to take all the costs onto your union shoulder?

Full fica etc out of the union?
I doubt it.

Hank
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
it."

Great post Dave sure to get rave reviews here on pa ot. The fact that all the people of our country have always had a fair and equal opportunity to accumulate wealth and assets makes it all the more compelling .And anyone who thinks for one second that the 1% that owns nearly 50% of the nations wealth, would prefer that the middle class patsys I mean er brethern focus their anger elsewere is crazy.;) Guys we just got out and out strong armed to the tune of 800 billion by millionaires.Quotes like this are undeniably true in a vacuum but are nothing but a red herring in reality.