PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins

sammy the sage
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
46 states are BROKE...no mention of help from Uncle Sam.

todays un-employ....600 k+

they'll say rate is 8% therebout's...ACTUALLY closer to 20%...(yeah we've had those discussions bout Gov't FIGS before...and WHO was RIGHT)!!!

and NOW this!!!

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2009/HCR0006.html

GD2 is here...PERIOD :( :mad:

Am growing lot's of Tomato plants...Cali...not planting (drought)...Fla got FROZEN out!

buy ya some SOUP stocks!!!

Dave Schwartz
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
What does that document say (In your understanding)?

Dave

ddog
02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
FWIW

reports were standing room only crowd, committee will vote it up, who knows after that.

stranger things always happen.

depression
revolt
states rights

who knows.

with communications what they are these days could be like a match on a dry plain.

the degree of "un-consent" doesn't have to get very high.

bring it on.

lamboguy
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
the market looks like its gonna break really soon. the fundemental's even look bad. new president for 2 weeks already that don't look any better than the last one. he ran on hope, hope can only last for a period of time.

cj's dad
02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
It is painfully obvious that this guy doesn't have a clue-

We, my friends are in deep shit.

BUD
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
It is painfully obvious that this guy doesn't have a clue-

We, my friends are in deep shit.

Thank God-------So it means something---I thought that may have been one of my reports.....:D

boxcar
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
the market looks like its gonna break really soon. the fundemental's even look bad. new president for 2 weeks already that don't look any better than the last one. he ran on hope, hope can only last for a period of time.

Be of good cheer, though; for Change is on Hope's heels. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
So far, the markets have done nothing except SHRUG OFF almost every piece of bad news to come down the pike over the past two months.

That does not bode well for those expecting a total meltdown.

We have repeatedly tested 800 on the S&P and haven't been able to break through. Today we rallied hard in the face of another poor jobs report. Granted it was probably a lot of short covering and volume wasn't spectacular (but it was decent).

So far, the "end of days" boys must be getting a bit upset if they initiated any short positions within the past couple of months.

lamboguy
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
the volume was 30% lighter than the last time the s+p broke 850, to me that is super bearish.

ddog
02-06-2009, 07:36 PM
pa

the markets you quote will follow not lead a melt.

sp around 22x forward, too rich.

shorts are nervous, that's your bump, cya time given monday.

i expect big sell off , short of a lifetime.

where do you think the meltdown would be if the FED had not extended their various backdoor funding options through OCT?

meltdown wouldn't cover it.

cracks are growing in the real non-market world everywhere.

My only question now is do we need several months of plus a million jobless to bottom that.

cmbs and insurance and much more has not even gotten a good start to a bottom yet.

best wishes all.

lamboguy
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
the action in the market today was awfull! yes it went up over 200 points, but there was no one buying!

JustRalph
02-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Remember when Bush and Paulson were screaming we had to get a stimulus bill or bailout passed immediately and the Dems were screaming Bush was using the politics of fear........?

Now Obama is doing the same thing.........................

I hear crickets?

sammy the sage
02-07-2009, 10:06 AM
required reading for the perma-bulls..

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB123396545910358867.html

Tom
02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Remember when Bush and Paulson were screaming we had to get a stimulus bill or bailout passed immediately and the Dems were screaming Bush was using the politics of fear........?

Now Obama is doing the same thing.........................

I hear crickets?

He is showing his true colors during this rape of America. As I said all during the campaign, he has zero integrity and no ethics. He will blame everyone but himself and throw anyone under the bus. Where I come from, we call that a yellow bellied coward. It fits this sham of a man. He is blaming the repubs for delaying the bill, he is blaming talk radio for telling the truth. The fact is is this a bad bill, will do nothing but destroy the economy for decades to come and severely damage our country. This jerk will dwarf Al Qeda in damage to us.

The only real threat to our economy is our government.
It is time to dismantle DC.

OBAMA'S LEGACY

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Don't look now, but GS has DOUBLED in price since that lowly low was put in barely two months ago...

Interesting...

And by the way, if anyone thinks I'm a perma-Bull, they are sadly mistaken.

I'm a daytrader.

When I'm long, I'm a perma-Bull, and when I'm short, I'm a ddog. This little schizophrenic dance may occur many, many times a day within my head.

BUD
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
He is showing his true colors during this rape of America. As I said all during the campaign, he has zero integrity and no ethics. He will blame everyone but himself and throw anyone under the bus. Where I come from, we call that a yellow bellied coward. It fits this sham of a man. He is blaming the repubs for delaying the bill, he is blaming talk radio for telling the truth. The fact is is this a bad bill, will do nothing but destroy the economy for decades to come and severely damage our country. This jerk will dwarf Al Qeda in damage to us.

The only real threat to our economy is our government.
It is time to dismantle DC.

OBAMA'S LEGACY

if the pic is real---can I have any extra tp rolls---I am a little low?

Please?