PDA

View Full Version : DUTROW LANDS DANGER TO SOCIETY

rjorio
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
After a disapointing performance,as favorite in the Holy Bull,Danger To Society goes from McPeek to Dutrow.More Dutrow magic to follow?

GaryG
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
When I saw that article I thought it said that Dutrow WAS a danger to society.....

whyhorseofcourse
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
When I saw that article I thought it said that Dutrow WAS a danger to society.....

LOL:lol:

MNslappy
02-04-2009, 11:02 PM
along those same lines, this was at Bloodhorse today...probably old news, but for those that haven't heard it, read it and weep....ugh

Stardom Bound, currently in the barn of Bobby Frankel, brings a three-race winning streak into the Las Virgenes, all coming in grade I races. The daughter of Tapit capped the 2008 season with a 1 1/2-length win in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) over the Pro-Ride track Oct. 24. The dominating gray filly also won the Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita by 3 1/2 lengths and the Del Mar Debutante Stakes (gr. I) by 4 1/4 lengths in a similar late-running style while earning $1,420,600 in her juvenile campaign.

Stardom Bound, now owned by IEAH Stables (who paid $5.7 million for her at auction in November), Paul Pompa, and partners, is expected to be transferred to the barn of Rick Dutrow Jr. later this year. She was owned previously by Charles Cono and trained by Christopher Paasch.

rjorio
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Don't forget Patena. IEAH purchased Patena after a runner-up finish in the LeComte at FG. Dutrow has been ''working on him'' and connections are reportedly expecting ''a freakish performance'' in the Louisiana Derby.BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS !

LottaKash
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Abra Kadabra....!!!...:jump:

best.

joanied
02-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I hadn't read that....about Dutrow getting Stardom Bound later this year...but I am not surprised at all....I kind of thought she was with Frankel because she's been in CA. all along and they just wanted to keep her there on familiar ground.
I don't know how I feel about this change of trainers:confused:

MickJ26
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I hadn't read that....about Dutrow getting Stardom Bound later this year...but I am not surprised at all....I kind of thought she was with Frankel because she's been in CA. all along and they just wanted to keep her there on familiar ground.
I don't know how I feel about this change of trainers:confused:

Certainly makes me excited. That means hopefully I'll be able to see Stardom Bound do her thing here at Belmont.

joanied
02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Certainly makes me excited. That means hopefully I'll be able to see Stardom Bound do her thing here at Belmont.

You are lucky:)

Moyers Pond
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe Dutrow will "supplement" his feed like he did with This Ones For Phil.

Dutrow and Biancone should have been thrown out of the sport years ago. These guys are the Alex Rodriguez and Barry Bonds of horse racing.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Maybe Dutrow will "supplement" his feed like he did with This Ones For Phil.

Dutrow and Biancone should have been thrown out of the sport years ago. These guys are the Alex Rodriguez and Barry Bonds of horse racing.Where do you draw the line? How about Trainer of the Year Asmussen?

How about Bill Mott? He tested positive once too...should we ban him?

cj
02-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Asmussen has been caught more times with worse stuff than Dutrow if memory serves me.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Asmussen has been caught more times with worse stuff than Dutrow if memory serves me.And you wouldn't know that the way some talk of Dutrow around here, while completely ignoring Asmussen and gushing about Curlin (while of course bashing Big Brown)...

Relwob Owner
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
And you wouldn't know that the way some talk of Dutrow around here, while completely ignoring Asmussen and gushing about Curlin (while of course bashing Big Brown)...

It is amazing how Asmussen and Mott fly under the radar in terms of criticism....Pletcher has had a fair amount of positives as well-didnt Wait a While get DQ'd from her Breeders Cup earnings and didnt that go somewhat underreported?????

As far as why Dutrow gets talked about more-the same behavior that you have described on this forum Pace as "refreshing" seems to rub most people, including me, the wrong way. He talked trash about the other horses in the Triple Crown and every time he has a mic put in front of him, he says something unappealing. Asmussen, Mott and Pletcher come across as gentlemen(Im not saying they are) and thus draw less heat.

joanied
02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
It is amazing how Asmussen and Mott fly under the radar in terms of criticism....Pletcher has had a fair amount of positives as well-didnt Wait a While get DQ'd from her Breeders Cup earnings and didnt that go somewhat underreported?????

As far as why Dutrow gets talked about more-the same behavior that you have described on this forum Pace as "refreshing" seems to rub most people, including me, the wrong way. He talked trash about the other horses in the Triple Crown and every time he has a mic put in front of him, he says something unappealing. Asmussen, Mott and Pletcher come across as gentlemen(Im not saying they are) and thus draw less heat.

I agree with Relwob...pretty well said...and also Pace & cj... if Dutrow had worn suits and never said anything negative about other trainers/horses, he'd probably would have gone under the 'positives radar' screen too...
and remember everyone always saying how muscled Curlin was....hmmmmmm...wonder why?
It's going to be interesting to see how Dutrow conducts himself during this year's Run for the Roses...

Moyers Pond
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Dutrow gets criticized more than the others because of his attitude. He gets suspended and makes comments like "who cares, I am going to go on vacation and let my brother run the horses." He has no respect for rules.

Throw in the fact that he got caught cheating while he was on suspension for cheating and you have a guy who thinks rules do not apply to him.

Asmussen and others should also get real suspensions. The need to put some real teeth in the suspensions.

Three strikes and you are OUT permanently.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2009, 02:31 AM
It is amazing how Asmussen and Mott fly under the radar in terms of criticismMott? I only know of one Mott positive and I think it was for some sort of topical pain killer...hardly the stuff of devils.

joanied
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Mott? I only know of one Mott positive and I think it was for some sort of topical pain killer...hardly the stuff of devils.

yeah...how did his name get into the mix:confused: