PDA

View Full Version : Can't bet Oaklawn

highnote
02-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I tried betting a race at Oaklawn this weekend using Philly Park's Phonebet.

The bet wouldn't go through, so I called tech support.

They told me that TrackNet and the horsemen's group are still fighting. So Phonebet can only take bets on Oaklawn from in-state bettors.

I don't live in Pennsylvania, so they wouldn't take my bet.

You know, I might actually breath a sigh of relief when the racing industry goes the way of the dodo -- I won't have to knock myself out trying to find a place to get a bet down.

Anybody know any illegal bookmakers that will take my action? At this point, neither TrackNet nor the horsemen deserve my money. :bang:

Imriledup
02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Oaklawn management is high and mighty. They only want to let certain places accept bets on their races. Stay away from Oak, there are plenty of other tracks who you can patronize.

cj
02-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I tried betting a race at Oaklawn this weekend using Philly Park's Phonebet.

The bet wouldn't go through, so I called tech support.

They told me that TrackNet and the horsemen's group are still fighting. So Phonebet can only take bets on Oaklawn from in-state bettors.

I don't live in Pennsylvania, so they wouldn't take my bet.

You know, I might actually breath a sigh of relief when the racing industry goes the way of the dodo -- I won't have to knock myself out trying to find a place to get a bet down.

Anybody know any illegal bookmakers that will take my action? At this point, neither TrackNet nor the horsemen deserve my money. :bang:

The same holds true for Gulfstream. I can't bet it with Philly Park, but I can with TwinSpires...so instead I bet it with 5dimes.

Tom
02-04-2009, 11:24 AM
5dimes?
I thought you bet more than that!:rolleyes:

highnote
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
5dimes?
I thought you bet more than that!:rolleyes:

According to Pete Rose a dime is $1,000. :D

Valuist
02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
According to Pete Rose a dime is $1,000. :D

In virtually any gambling vernacular, a "dime" is a thousand, not just to Rose.

highnote
02-05-2009, 07:56 AM
So here's what I don't get... Oaklawn has slots providing subsidies to purses. So why are horsemen and Oaklawn fighting so much over ADW revenue?

While they're fighting they're getting nothing. And when they finally resolve their dispute, they'll still get nothing from me.

I will spend my money with companies and people who actually give me some respect. By not allowing me to bet at Philly Phonebet they have shown me lack of respect. Now, I'm returning the favor.

Imriledup
02-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Stay away from Oaklawn.

Oaklawn management and their ideals are what's wrong with horse racing in America today.

Punish Oaklawn by not betting their signal. Let your voices be heard.

trying2win
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
A lot us horseplayers know the frustration SWETYEJOHN feels, when we can't bet some of our favorite tracks at our preferred ADW. I can't bet Santa Anita at some ADW'S because of the devious policies of the TOC. Because I can't get a decent rebate at HPI, I send my Santa Anita win bets to CARIB SPORTS and get a 5 % cash rebate. I could bet Oaklawn at this offshore racebook as well if I wanted. Although to be truthful, Oaklawn races don't interest me.

I think all players should be eligible to get decent rebates, not just the minimum million dollar-a-year club! However, outfits like the TOC disagree and figure the maximum for the everyday Joe should not exeed a 2 % rebate. So take that TOC...I send my Santa Anita bets to an offshore racebook...and your horsemen, and Santa Anita track get nothing! Plus, can someone tell me if the California state government gets a cut out of every dollar bet at Santa Anita? If so, they'd get nothing out of my SA bets too. Is that a smart business reward for all these parties. I think not.

T2W
-------------------------------------------------------------
~"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

--Albert Einstein

highnote
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM
A lot us horseplayers know the frustration SWETYEJOHN feels, when we can't bet some of our favorite tracks at our preferred ADW. I can't bet Santa Anita at some ADW'S because of the devious policies of the TOC. Because I can't get a decent rebate at HPI, I send my Santa Anita win bets to CARIB SPORTS and get a 5 % cash rebate. I could bet Oaklawn at this offshore racebook as well if I wanted. Although to be truthful, Oaklawn races don't interest me.

I think all players should be eligible to get decent rebates, not just the minimum million dollar-a-year club! However, outfits like the TOC disagree and figure the maximum for the everyday Joe should not exeed a 2 % rebate. So take that TOC...I send my Santa Anita bets to an offshore racebook...and your horsemen, and Santa Anita track get nothing! Plus, can someone tell me if the California state government gets a cut out of every dollar bet at Santa Anita? If so, they'd get nothing out of my SA bets too. Is that a smart business reward for all these parties. I think not.

T2W

T2W -- I can tell you one thing... after last week's experience of not being able to bet Oaklawn, I will not be betting them again unless I get a big, fat REBATE.

TrackNet, Horsemen -- can you hear me? I either get a BIG FAT REBATE or you get nothing from me. You have disrespected and me and it will be very difficult to earn back my respect. Money talks. You all should know because that's all you seem to care about.

So now, I'm in the same camp as you. You guys want more? Well, now, so do I.

I want to churn my handle. I want a BIG FAT REBATE.

trying2win
02-06-2009, 02:27 AM
T2W -- I can tell you one thing... after last week's experience of not being able to bet Oaklawn, I will not be betting them again unless I get a big, fat REBATE.

TrackNet, Horsemen -- can you hear me? I either get a BIG FAT REBATE or you get nothing from me. You have disrespected and me and it will be very difficult to earn back my respect. Money talks. You all should know because that's all you seem to care about.

So now, I'm in the same camp as you. You guys want more? Well, now, so do I.

I want to churn my handle. I want a BIG FAT REBATE.

Good post John,

--In the past, I've chided many PA members to not just complain about racetracks, ADWS, and horsemen groups here in posts about poor service, poor rewards for money bet, or hidden agendas that seem to be put forth by some of the people involved in running various segments of the horse racing industry. I've encouraged them to complain to some executives in these segments, who can do something to rectify some of these complaints. Not only that, I've encouraged them to also give compliments to the same segments if they do something right for bettors.

--And yes...I've 'walked the walk' and complained to the executives at HPI for not giving me adequate rebates, and told them I'll take a lot of my business elsewhere. Same with the TOC. I've told them I'm betting California thoroughbred tracks through an offshore racebook, because of their self-centered, narrow-minded policies of denying betting rights to some onshore ADWS. By the way, what business is that of the TOC, if some ADWS want to give more than 2 % for a rebate to their customers?

--Some people have told me that I should be on stage....THE FIRST STAGE OUT OF TOWN! In my opinion, those people should say that to some horse racing business executives first :D.

T2W
---------------------------------------------------------------------
~"We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better."

--Jeff Bezos

JustRalph
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM

Tom
02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Rut row. Conundrum time.

highnote
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Rut row. Conundrum time.

HANA does not rate the executives. If we did, I am quite sure the grade would be much lower than the mediocre "C" Oaklawn was given.

It is a sad state of affairs when the #9 track only gets a "C".

If the management got an "A", The track rating would most likely be better.

When you see who the number one track is, you will agree the management is top shelf.