PDA

View Full Version : next big shoe to drop

lamboguy
02-03-2009, 08:33 AM
we already know that the banks are broke, so we must look what is next to go. i say most insurance company's are now insolvent. insurance company's are nothing but legal bookmakers. if they have no money to pay when the hit comes in what is going to happen? we already know that retirement funds are not going to be able to pay their obligations. what is going to happen when an insurance company doesn't payoff on a life insurance policy? or they don't pay the doctor or the hospital when they put the claim in to get paid?
what would happen if a house burned down, and the insurance company don't pay the lender of the property?

all these problems are far worse than what we have experienced lately, and they aren't that far from happening.

LottaKash
02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Just this morning on the local news in Central Florida, a woman had her health insurance cancelled and she wasn't even aware of it, yet she she had been making her $472 per month payments as usual, and was still unaware of the cancelleation.....Now she is stuck with an $11,000+ med bill, and she has no recourse but to pay it, or lose her home etc........No advocacy groups or big-brother coming to her rescue at that.......

I think this is just the beginning of the "New Insurance Companies", and the way they will do business in the forseeable future.......Just the beginning.....

best,

Grits
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
No, I don't believe these problems are worse. These problems are the least for some.

The last couple of days has seen the nation reach 3 million individuals now unemployed. Rising daily. At what point does one become concerned about their house burning down, their life insurance paying out to a beneficiary, or their health insurance paying the medical bills?

The unemployed probably have neither. And may not have had for some time. Nor will they have in the near future.

For those of us who still have jobs, or savings even, we could be less concerned about we (which translates to me) and maybe more concerned about they since we could, at any time, join their ranks.

This is not a bleeding heart liberal, or a conservative statement. Not political in any way. One can read and watch the numbers rising by the thousands every single day now.