#2 COLE'S GOT SOUL
TMP: #1 DONNA'S BLACKJACK

RACE 9
#9 REDIFUSION
#7 IRON WILLIFUL
TMP: #1 BEAU WEEBLE

Chris Longshot
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
what else is new, mountaineer cancelled, due to poor track condtions, if anybody is confused of why they would cancel when theres is zero precipitation and milder weather, its because the moisture in the track that is frozen during the colder tempertures, thaws out when it warms up but does so unevenly, so the track becomes a mess, basically if it was in the 20s or the teens tonight, they would be racing, were basically rooting for frigid tempetures in the winter there, only way they race, unless there is zero precipitation in the track, which is almost impossible since it snows so much there lol

citation
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
You lied to me Chris - already sent you an e-mail - you told me I would have something to look forward to???????????? :lol:

sally
02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you for that explanation Chris...I was wondering... nice blog btw...

Floyd
02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
You lied to me Chris - already sent you an e-mail - you told me I would have something to look forward to???????????? :lol:

We do! We do! It's called "tomorrow." :bang:

Chris Longshot
02-02-2009, 07:59 PM

silly boy, I meant my picks not the track!!:lol: I stood by my word!!!

Chris Longshot
02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Thank you for that explanation Chris...I was wondering... nice blog btw...

Thanks Sally, but Ralph the Cat deserves the credit for it, he created the blog, he was nice enough to let me blog on it. He did a great job with it, I'm hoping we will get more participation from the MNR players in regards to the blogs.

smokinjoe@bp
02-02-2009, 08:25 PM
maybe chris or better ralph can answer this.

i was under the impression that one of the conditions to approve the table games,was that they would install the tapeta surface. well since they have the tables currently,when and if are they going to put the new surface?

i have some good friends that train there and some are jock agents...when i visit there i go out early and sit with them during morning works. thats when this was discussed...

Chris Longshot
02-02-2009, 08:34 PM

i was under the impression that one of the conditions to approve the table games,was that they would install the tapeta surface. well since they have the tables currently,when and if are they going to put the new surface?

i have some good friends that train there and some are jock agents...when i visit there i go out early and sit with them during morning works. thats when this was discussed...

I thought it was that they had to have a functioning racetrack in order to get the slots not necessairly a tapeta surface. Ralph would know better. I've been for a tapeta surface at Mountaineer for some time but some others on other forums do not agree. They think handle/fields would go down as a result. Im not buying it, MNR players are a loyal bunch I would assume, how else do they take in 1.5 mil in handle a night, despite a bad economy.

ralph_the_cat
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM

I dont know, I think we're taking a beating with low slot numbers now... we're still working at a - 10% purse structure that was taken 2 years ago or more... not to mention I dont think the horsemen got a lick of any table money... unless they are investing it in "creative ways" that I dont seem to notice... :rolleyes:

I think any spare change will just be used for securing the purse structure...

smokinjoe@bp
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I thought it was that they had to have a functioning racetrack in order to get the slots not necessairly a tapeta surface. Ralph would know better. I've been for a tapeta surface at Mountaineer for some time but some others on other forums do not agree. They think handle/fields would go down as a result. Im not buying it, MNR players are a loyal bunch I would assume, how else do they take in 1.5 mil in handle a night, despite a bad economy.

chris ,,
i never mentioned slots,,,as they have been in place for awhile,,,i am talking about the new table games.

smokinjoe@bp
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I dont know, I think we're taking a beating with low slot numbers now... we're still working at a - 10% purse structure that was taken 2 years ago or more... not to mention I dont think the horsemen got a lick of any table money... unless they are investing it in "creative ways" that I dont seem to notice... :rolleyes:

I think any spare change will just be used for securing the purse structure...

geez i was there the morning they took the 10 percent,,man the guys were steaming,according to most they were blinsided to this 10 percent cut,,but were supposedly told that it would be back in place within a few months.

Chris Longshot
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
chris ,,
i never mentioned slots,,,as they have been in place for awhile,,,i am talking about the new table games.

sorry misread what you wrote, wasn't aware of the connection between table games and a synthetic surface, guess Ralph answered it for us.

ralph_the_cat
02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
geez i was there the morning they took the 10 percent,,man the guys were steaming,according to most they were blinsided to this 10 percent cut,,but were supposedly told that it would be back in place within a few months.

they took 20... gave back 10....

dutchboy
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Have they always raced all year?