PDA

View Full Version : Great job George W. Bush !

dav4463
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
I saw an Iraqui exile in Michigan tell Fox News he was legally changing his last name to Bush ! Funny that there are still people in America who have nothing but hatred for the man simply because he is a Republican. Fox News has great coverage all the way around. CNN and the major networks constantly look for bad news that they can report on rather than focus on the good part. Finally today, even they are forced to admit that this is a just war and that President Bush has is doing a great job. It has been a long time since we have had a president we can truly be proud of.....Great job, President Bush....keep it up!

Tom
04-09-2003, 07:31 PM
That statue of Sodamn coming down today will take its place alongside the eagle-statue atop the 3rd Reich building in nazi Germant being blown to bits at the end of WWI.
While Sadam takes his place in history alongside Hitler, Musselini, The Jap emporer, Stalin, etc, "43" continues to carve out his niche. And to think how close we came to having AllGore running the show! Yikes!

Figman
04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
I've got to agree, the FOX NEWS CHANNEL is terrific. Shepard Smith at 11 p.m. is the best! Last night he was talking with his buddy Rick Levanthal who was walking down the main street in Baghdad. Levanthal was with the Marines that were patrolling the streets looking for snipers....and these Marines were all reservists. Smith sincerely tells Levanthal to "be careful!" Next Smith asks Levanthal to quiz the Marine nearest to him as to where he's from. The Marine answers Livermore, CA and a couple of months ago I was working at SEARS. Smith can't believe what he's hearing that a reservist fresh from SEARS is looking for snipers in downtown Baghdad! His comment..."what training our fellas must have to be able to deploy them in such a situation."

After leaving Levanthal he goes to another FOX reporter named Greg who is located in one of Saddam's palaces. He draws furhter info that's interesting from him. This is unbelievable coverage with Shepard Smith always positive and conveying to the millions watching him, "I'm proud to be an American and am so proud of these guys over in Irac." His best quality is that he seems like a "friend" and that you are actually overhearing a conversation between the Fox people not tuning in for the news. Contrast these observations with the network channels and CNN where most "talking heads" and field correspondents are condescending.

BillW
04-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Figman

After leaving Levanthal he goes to another FOX reporter named Greg who is located in one of Saddam's palaces. He draws furhter info that's interesting from him. This is unbelievable coverage with Shepard Smith always positive and conveying to the millions watching him, "I'm proud to be an American and am so proud of these guys over in Irac." His best quality is that he seems like a "friend" and that you are actually overhearing a conversation between the Fox people not tuning in for the news. Contrast these observations with the network channels and CNN where most "talking heads" and field correspondents are condescending.

That was Greg Kelly, son of the NYPD Comissioner and an ex Marine. He knows his stuff.

boxcar
04-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Several months ago I was skeptical about going into Iraq basically because I thought the U.S. would allow Hussein to draw us into his kind of urban warfare strategy. But I was wrong. The military performed brilliantly. I'm still not believing everything I've seen and heard these last three weeks. U.S. troops accomplished so much in so little time, while suffering so few casualities and inflicting minimal collateral damage -- thank God. The skill and discipline with which our troops have bravely fought coupled with unbelievable technological advances to our milatary hardware in the last decade or so is just an unbeatable combination. I'm so proud of our military and its leadership. If the Iraqi transition to democracy goes half as well as the war effort has, thus far, Bush will have earned his place in history.

Figman's observations contrasting CNN with FOX is right on. I'ts no wonder at all that the Commie News Network has taken a backseat to Fox. CNN went out of its way to put a negative spin on just about every aspect of the war at every possible opportunity. Heck...they couldn't even bring themselves to call Saddam Int'l Airport Baghdad Int'l after our troops took it over. The simply called the airport Baghdad's Int'l Airport. What a bunch of bufoons!

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I find that the CNN guys put on a better "show." But, frankly, I'd rather have the better content and unbiased reporting of Fox.

Dave

Doug
04-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Shepard Smith is great!

Like having a friend sitting there and reporting on whats going on.

CNN makes me sick and MSNBC seems to be a middle of the road outfit.

Doug

dav4463
04-10-2003, 02:23 AM
When you watch Fox News you get the feeling that they genuinely care about those that are out there doing such a tough job. Rick Leventhal and Greg Kelly are outstanding. I also like the way they even find time to show a sense of humor. Like tonight, we got to watch a marine get his head shaved on the air! Laurie Dhue is also becoming a star I think and she will be a major part of Fox News in the years to come. She was turning red with embarrassment when some of the guys in Iraq asked for her phone number ! They just seem like people that can be serious when needed but can have some fun as well. The big media star of the war though just has to be "Bagdhad Bob" ! I would love to find out what happened to this guy. What a nut !

BillW
04-10-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by dav4463
The big media star of the war though just has to be "Bagdhad Bob" ! I would love to find out what happened to this guy. What a nut !

Yea, I could stand a few more days of this guy, he was hilarious. Maybe he caught a gig up north and will be on a few more days. :D

Bill

Dave Schwartz
04-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Humor for the Anti-Anti-Bush crowd:

++++

The Pope is visiting DC and President Bush takes him out for an afternoon on the Potomac, sailing on the presidential yacht. They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water. Secret service guys start to launch a boat, but Bush waves them off saying, "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Holy Father's little hat, bends over and picks it up, then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning, the Washington Post carries a story with front page photos of the event. The banner headline is "Bush Can't Swim".

so.cal.fan
04-10-2003, 10:38 AM
I'll bet he is President Bush's "anchor or choice".

Tom
04-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Zuchetto? The pope named his hat after Pinnocio's father?