PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park Hcp Grade 1-Turf 9 Furlongs

Bubba X
02-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Really interesting race. Kip DeVille hasn't won this long, Red Rocks likes longer. Court Vision goes for his third straight graded (and consecutive G 1's) while meeting older. Kiss The Kid also going for three straight and Uigar makes his first U.S start having beaten a 17 horse field to take a G 1 race in Brazil. Summer Patriot is a lightly raced 5 yo who was well backed while running 3rd at Belmont before blanking in the McKnight. Sligovitz looks like he may have a real nice 4 yo year.

Fun and interesting race with plenty of ways to go. I'll have a small wager on either Sligovitz or Summer Patriot.

DJofSD
02-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Summer Patriot -- only horse coming from CRC.

jballscalls
02-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm going to try Nergal!

Robert Fischer
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM
11 furlongs was a much classier distance :ThmbDown:

We do get a 2 or 3 grade I horses here and it is nicer to see them meet up at 9furlongs than not at all. :ThmbUp:

The pace situation here is interesting. I really don't have a grasp of it, and that makes this race tougher.
First thing that strikes the nerves is the rail being listed at 84ft with no mention of being on the hedge for this feature grade I turf race. :bang:

DJofSD
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM
First thing that strikes the nerves is the rail being listed at 84ft with no mention of being on the hedge for this feature grade I turf race.Say what?

Robert Fischer
02-01-2009, 11:30 AM
usually a GradeI turf race is run on the hedge

that being one of the reasons to use a temp rail , so the inside grass is in beautiful shape for the class horses

but today i'm looking at the scratches/changes and it just says Turf: Firm Rail: 84 Feet

and no mention on race 9 of being on the hedge. Nergal is scratched

Robert Fischer
02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
per gulfstream park - "yes, it is 84ft all week"

Robert Fischer
02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
think I will do a low cost play with some longshots

Kiss the Kid
Kip Deville
Court Vision

USING
Just as Well
Sligovitz

Tossing from Tri
Red Rocks
Uigur

might use
Pick Six

DJofSD
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Geeze, Louise, who makes the morning line for GPX? Sligovitz at 15:1? What does this guy think WOX is, a bush league track or something? Or is it b/c the horse doesn't have any black type yet? God, I'd be willing to take the action that this horse will go off below his ML.

lansdale
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM
R. 9

No contrarian opinion, except maybe RR.

Kip Deville
Kiss the Kid
Red Rocks

R. 7

A little too close to call, but like the #4 Drop a Line with Ramon Dominquez, to hit the board at a price.

slew101
02-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm liking Summer Patriot here as well. Last race was bad but the cutback in distance might help. I think the favorites are vulnerable here.

Robert Fischer
02-01-2009, 05:17 PM
think I will do a low cost play with some longshots

Kiss the Kid
Kip Deville
Court Vision

USING
Just as Well
Sligovitz

Tossing from Tri
Red Rocks
Uigur

might use
Pick Six

OH YES :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Tom
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
S*W*E*E*T :ThmbUp:

ezrabrooks
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Geeze, Louise, who makes the morning line for GPX? Sligovitz at 15:1? What does this guy think WOX is, a bush league track or something? Or is it b/c the horse doesn't have any black type yet? God, I'd be willing to take the action that this horse will go off below his ML.]

Your right...the ML guy was to low.. Sligovitz went off at 25/1.

Ez

onefast99
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
GP is trying to protect the turf course as a lack of rain makes it difficult to keep it in top shape. I would imagine they will card less turf races until the rains come.