PDA

View Full Version : TVG now on Directv

andicap
04-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Directv added TVG to its sports pak on Monday. It's another $12 on top of its total choice package of basic cable channels. (less if you already have HBO, etc. then it's something like $10).
If you have DTV, it's channel 602.

I have Dish Network, which has one advantage -- you don't have to give them a 12-month commitment....to get a deal...

ag

Kentucky Bred
04-09-2003, 08:39 PM
andicap, I was with DirecTV from the mid 90's and begged them to get TVG. I switched 3 months ago when nobody at DirecTV even thought TVG had a chance.

It was a hassle to order new stuff but I'm a Dish network guy now. I joked that this would happen the minute I left them...and I was right.

This is still good news for those who have DirecTV. Enjoy TVG.

Kentucky Bred

JustRalph
04-09-2003, 11:34 PM
It was announced that Rupert Murdoch has purchased directtv today.

He owns fox news etc. There could be some changes on the way

andicap
04-10-2003, 10:49 AM
I would suspect he would more heavily promote TVG since News Corp. owns a share of the company. He might even more TVG to the Total Choice tier rather than putting it on the Sports Pack.
Next question is whether DirecTv will enable interactive wagering -- right now two-way services through satellite are questionable from tech standpoint. Some cable companies that offer TVG and its interactive service so that you bet through TVG's Oregon hub put a sidecar on the cable set top box that enabled betting through the set-top.