PDA

View Full Version : Dubai is full of crap............ literally

JustRalph
02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article5607619.ece

This sounds good..............

A noxious tide of toilet paper, raw sewage and chemical waste has transformed Dubai’s most prestigious stretch of shoreline into a foul-smelling health hazard.

A stretch of the exclusive Jumeirah Beach — a magnet for Western tourists and home to a string of hotels — has been closed.

“It’s a cesspool. Our tests show too many E. coli to count. It’s like swimming in a toilet,” said Keith Mutch, the manager of the Offshore Sailing Club, which has posted warnings and been forced to cancel regattas.

more at the link

cj's dad
02-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Either this is somehow tied into global warming, oh, er, excuse me, climate change or it's the fault of the U.S.A.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article5607619.ece

This sounds good..............

A noxious tide of toilet paper, raw sewage and chemical waste has transformed Dubai’s most prestigious stretch of shoreline into a foul-smelling health hazard.

A stretch of the exclusive Jumeirah Beach — a magnet for Western tourists and home to a string of hotels — has been closed.

“It’s a cesspool. Our tests show too many E. coli to count. It’s like swimming in a toilet,” said Keith Mutch, the manager of the Offshore Sailing Club, which has posted warnings and been forced to cancel regattas.

more at the link

hcap
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Either this is somehow tied into global warming, oh, er, excuse me, climate change or it's the fault of the U.S.A.All the shit of the bush years is not going away that easily.

Bush did it.

HUSKER55
02-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Nice touch hcap. But, get ready cause we have a new administration and a new boatload in progress as we speak.

Dave Schwartz
02-02-2009, 12:04 AM
see? This is me being politically apathetic.

However...

Nice touch hcap. But, get ready cause we have a new administration and a new boatload in progress as we speak.

... this is very funny stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

facorsig
02-02-2009, 10:01 PM
When Bush travelled to Saudi last year and the temperature dropped to below freezing, there were snickers here in Abu Dhabi that he was somehow responsible. While Bush was in Dubai last year, there were torrential downpours which left the city flooded for several days. Strange, but true.

The sewage problem in Dubai is old news. Pakistani drivers are known to "discharge their loads" into the sea at certain locations. Undoubtedly, the companies they work for are owned by Emiratis with "wasta" and nothing will be done to address the situation. In fact, the down turn in the local economy has been dramatic with the new hotels, such as Atlantis, unoccupied, as the Dubai dream of a society based on ultra rich people fades into oblivion.

ddog
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
there are floating trash heaps all over the world , not just dubai.

some stewards we are , not.

cj's dad
02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
there are floating trash heaps all over the world , not just dubai.

some stewards we are , not.

Why does it always come back to us ??? Assuming you are one of us, meaning a citizen of the USA

Show Me the Wire
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I believe ddog is refering to humanity, in total, and not nations.

cj's dad
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Here's the thing about pollution, IMO- I will stack up what the US does re: keeping the world clean vs most other nations. First of all, 3rd world countries do not have the $$$ to be concerned w/ the envirament, many do not have the technology, and others simply do not care. The US has gone to great pain and expense to protect the enviroment at the cost of employees jobs. I would love to see a comparison of per capita $$$ spent by the US vs. the so called "enlightened" European nations. I have been to several countries in Europe and was not impressed- Central America is a cesspool in some areas and although I have never been to Asia, those who I know and have been there give low marks for the overall ecological climate there.

I believe ddog is refering to humanity, in total, and not nations.

Show Me the Wire
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
No argument from me. Far worse stewards than us, i.e. China. However, I still think he meant the collective world.

JustRalph
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Ever watch the Amazing Race? Check out the streets in India......which they seem to go to every season for some reason.

My Father in law lived in India for a year and tells some incredibly gross stories........

cj's dad
02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I knew a commercial airline pilot who flew in and out of India and the pilots and crew would not leave the plane; meals, sleeping, bathroom, etc ... all on board.