PDA

View Full Version : eclipse award for worse ride of he year

NY BRED
01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
strong nominee(inmho) aqu race 8 :A Rose for You via Ramon Dominguez

:bang:

ArlJim78
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
that one got me, I had that horse keyed and then to see him get jammed up like that. i'm sure he would want that one back, but i think bad racing luck played a part also. nobody did him any favors.

slew101
01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't think any rider gets into more trouble than Dominquez. I think he likes riding up other horses asses. He can infuriate you as a bettor. Check out his rides on turf. He gets into trouble so much. He just doesn't want to go wide.

I watched the race today, and he had a chance to angle out 3-wide turning for home and he would have won the race. Instead he stays behind horses and doesn't even hit the board. Wow.

DrunkenHorseplayer
02-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Looked like Migliore did a little bit of riding on Dominguez's horse instead of his own; that sure didn't help.

NY BRED
02-01-2009, 08:38 AM
actually, this race helps one particular party/show:

Andy /Trips and Traps:jump:

BUD
02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Owe I saw that---8-5 right?

This is going on race year 2 for me------I always thought RD was the King-----Is this year any different?.............In my untrained eye--I think I see some fantastic days and rides by RD and some others just terrible-------Like a Manny R in Baseball... Great then???

But my eye isn't trained... I am working on it,,

But a Chalky 8-5 by RD in my mind is strting to make a prime play against in some cases----SOME cases..

cj's dad
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Looked like some old fashioned race riding to me,His competition would not allow him the rail and at that point he was screwed.

After all this was a stakes race- others may be inclined to not give up the rail so easily.