PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Plays Of The Day- Jan. 31st

funkydj
01-31-2009, 10:39 AM
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com)

I am sure most of us have our preferred methods of handicapping: speed, pace, angles etc. I was thinking back to one of the most influential handicappers when I was getting into the game: Mr. Dick Mitchell. I read "Commonsense Handicapping" multiple times. One essential thing he stressed was the value of the turn time. Sometimes it is beneficial to go back to the basics to get a kickstart on your handicapping game.

JOE KELLEY'S AQUEDUCT PLAYS OF THE DAY January 31st, 2009

RACE 6: We have narrowed this bunch down to four contenders. Below is listed the contenders with comments and acceptable win bet odds.

# 1 RAMOT- First timer for Romans/Dominguez. Sales price of 150K was five times the sire price. Just wonder that they purchased the colt for this muCh and the debut is in a state-bred maiden claimer. (5/1)

# 2 CARTER'S STORE - Nice debut. Showed speed and should improve and press early. (4/1)

# 6 SLEVIN- Luzzi signs up and should up the game with the drop to MCL. (5/1)

# 8 CATSKILL CITY- Rice and Chuck C. Tale of the Cat is a precocious sire winning 17% of debuters. (6/1)

RACE 9: Bottom level claimers and not a lot of sincere speed signed up. The # 4 STRAIGHTFROMTHEHEART is our top choice. Early speed and the two previous attempts at the 7.5 K level were compromised by a wide post and then traffic. Move to the inside will help immensely.

PLAY: Win bet on # 4 at 3/1 and up. Exacta box 1/1A-4.