PDA

View Full Version : Happy People

Tom
04-09-2003, 12:43 PM
CNN this noon - showing fils of the Iraqi people in Northern Iraw celebrating, blowing horns, dancin in the streets. Alos, In Dearborn, MI - Iraqi-Americans parading, waving Old GLory, cheering the liberation of Iraq.
Damn, don't these people realize the death and destruction that evil man GWB has unleashed?
:) ;) :)

Can you imagine the living HELL these people have been under most of their lives thanks to one sick, demented SOB - Hussein?
They don't seem to mind the war or the necessary damage and death that has come with it - how else wages war like we do?
Frankly, I am proud as hell of all our troops and leaders. It has been a long time on this ole eaarth since someone stood up and said enough is enough-STOP IT!
While some are complaining about paying for the war with their taxes next week, I am going see about how I can throw in an extra hundred or so to help out. Not sure how this works, but enough people do this, then maybe we can ease the pain of the whiners. I cannot think of anything in the world that my money could be better used for.
Freedom is priceless, but the cost is high.
Thumbs up - kind reminds me of the Berlin Wall going down. Hmmm, wasn't that put up by Germanay and Russia-those "doves-for-love" nations?

(PA- thin ice, I know, but no eye contact <G>)

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2003, 02:01 PM
thin ice? Not sure what you mean. Maybe I've been misunderstood once again???

I hope people aren't under the impression that I am frowning on war-related posts.....quite the contrary....I enjoy reading all of them....

Off topic is the perfect place for this stuff....

Kentucky Bred
04-09-2003, 02:18 PM
In my opinion there were good reasons to go after Iraq and there were good reasons not to. Fortunately, I didn't have to make this decision. Regardless, the site of human beings celebrating the feeling of freedom is a wonderful image. All living beings crave freedom.

I just hope the US doesn't suffer in the future for this incursion. Only time will tell. But the site of these happy people is something to remember.

Kentucky Bred

GR1@HTR
04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I think 1/2 the reason these guys are happy is cause they are running w/ a free(stolen) TV or refridgerator in their hands.

The guys tearing down the statue look like college kids tearing down a goal post at the end of a football game...

Tom
04-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
thin ice? Not sure what you mean. Maybe I've been misunderstood once again???

No, I meant thin ice by refering to one who is being ignored without actually posting to him. Trying to keep my pledge.

JustRalph
04-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
I think 1/2 the reason these guys are happy is cause they are running w/ a free(stolen) TV or refridgerator in their hands.

The guys tearing down the statue look like college kids tearing down a goal post at the end of a football game...

Yeah, they are so happy about the TV they just took that they decided to stop and pound on Saddams statue with their shoes and make up Bush signs proclaiming their love for him. After that they stopped to pick flowers for the marines. Then they stopped and started kissing the marines and dancing and singing about how great the americans are. They always do that in riots, right before they start stealing and looting. Reminds me of LA. right before the riots related to the rodney king verdict they made up signs about how much they appreciated the court system too

:cool:

GR1@HTR
04-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Oh ok, so they broke into stores, building, and homes to steal TVs, furniture, lamps, and potted plants because they love Bush? Or because there are no laws and it is a free for all? They have all this bottled up energy from living in a beaten down society, where they get tortured and beaten for misc. activities. It is total temporary anarchy over there. Hey I don’t care if they steal and loot, as long as no troops get hurt in the process.

Boris
04-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Loved the dude riding the Saddam coconut. They could make some coin selling rides on the Saddam head they ripped off that statue. Look for that to come to Lone Star by the end of the meet with a Jerry Jeff Walker concert.

JustRalph
04-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
Hey I don’t care if they steal and loot, as long as no troops get hurt in the process.

Agreed. If anybody deserves a little anarchy Iraq does

:D

GameTheory
04-10-2003, 06:14 AM
The report was that the looting was mostly of government buildings, not shops & houses...

canuck
04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Boris--lmfao

Tom
04-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Boris
Loved the dude riding the Saddam coconut. They could make some coin selling rides on the Saddam head they ripped off that statue. Look for that to come to Lone Star by the end of the meet with a Jerry Jeff Walker concert.

If they bring that to Texas, they will be changing riders at the last minute!

JustRalph
04-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR
If they bring that to Texas, they will be changing riders at the last minute!

Classic Tom.....

Rita Helton would take it to the lead and fade in the stretch.......whipping it with her shoe........:D

Lefty
04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
While the "humanitarian" complains about taxes to pay for this war about freedom and against tyranny and terrorism many brave men and women have given their lives. This would be one time i'm not going to complain about taxes because the sacrifice of others was much greater. But I guess i'm no "humanitarian"

GR1@HTR
04-11-2003, 02:22 PM
The New Ride @ LS
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030411/241/3rlw8.html&e=7&ncid=1479

Free Shopping Spree

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030411/161/3ro26.html&e=12&ncid=996

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030411/168/3rqom.html&e=4&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030411/241/3rn6f.html&e=15&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030410/241/3ri19.html&e=16&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030410/241/3ri1f.html&e=5&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030410/170/3rep6.html&e=11&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030410/168/3rdol.html&e=8&ncid=1479

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030410/168/3rdji.html&e=11&ncid=1479

Big Bill
04-11-2003, 07:04 PM
GR1,

Those links to photos of the looters reminded me of Jay Leno's liner the other night:

"Some Iraqis are looting the presidential palaces, taking stationary, ashtrays, pillows, even a grand piano. Reporters say they haven’t seen looting like this since Clinton’s last days in the white house".

Big Bill

Suff
04-11-2003, 07:14 PM
For a "Religious State" that lives for "Allah"....and a Country that stops 4 or 5 times a day to pray in unision.......They sure are some Lootin-Thievin Motha's are'nt they?

But..who are we to talk.......1/2 of L.A. got robbed over Rodney King.

freeneasy
04-12-2003, 08:26 PM
yeah, and the guy hauling away that easychair, betcha hes inviting all his friends over to "come see my new easychair" and wouldnt sell that thing for a million bucks,
"Clintons last days in office" auhhhhhhh
Rita Helton beat'n his ears off with her shoe in a noble but fading effort. auhhh you guys are kill'n me
and down the stretch she comes

JustRalph
04-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
For a "Religious State" that lives for "Allah"....and a Country that stops 4 or 5 times a day to pray in unision.......They sure are some Lootin-Thievin Motha's are'nt they?

But..who are we to talk.......1/2 of L.A. got robbed over Rodney King.

On Fox late last night they were talking with an L.A.P.D. officer who is on active duty in Baghdad. He was asked about the looting. He said, "This was nothing compared to L.A." he said these people were looting with a smile. Interesting comparison.
I like the way the Liberal media excused the LA Looters for being victims of poverty etc..etc... but they are screaming about how awful it is that the city of Baghdad is being looted.......come on!!

freeneasy
04-13-2003, 01:08 AM
those guys are having a ball
a'hoot'n, an a'loot'n, 'n a'23ska-doot'n
hoot, loot, n skoot. :D
hey I dont know but did you guys see that one Iraqi guy, oh man it was hilarious heeeheeee. this guy I think he might take the cake, I cant remember what it was but he was trying to take something like this captured Iraqi tank or something outrageous like that. oh man, what was it, I cant think it was so unbelieveably funny. you had to see it. I think it was a tank.
Honey, come look and see the prize I won in the 1st annual Bagdad street festival.
Hey, my tank beats your TV set, yeah but does it have an EZboy recliner armchair in it.:p :) :cool: :D

Tom
04-13-2003, 10:14 AM
I saw a guy driving a crane! towing a bus!
The new Iraqi construction and transportion company is born!
Did you see the guy coming out of the bank with a "yard" of money under his arm - he winked at the camera and ran off.
One guy was sitting on the ground and they were pouring boxes of money over him and he was acting he was taking a shower!
I thought I saw Bin Laden in on of the film clips - he was running off with a sheep (Hmmmmm???)

ljb
04-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Tom,
Instead of throwing in a hundred to help out the gubbermint. Why don't you give the money to the verterans ? I see in this morning's paper the current budget intends to support our troops by cutting veterans benifits. Oh and it will also support the tax cuts for the rich and famous by cutting medicare benifits so, you may want to give a couple bucks to your grandma to help her pay for her prescriptions.
Thanks,
ljb

Lefty
04-13-2003, 02:32 PM
ljb, i'm sick of hearing/reading that tax cuts only for the rich. Nothing in my income stream has changed from Clinton to Geo. W. except that my tax refund has quadrupled under Geo. W. and that's not even mentioning that $600 refund last yr that was extra.
I ain't rich and I ain't famous but Tax Cuts work for me.

ljb
04-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Lefty,
Well I'm glad to hear you are doing well under the current administration. Unlike the many who have lost there jobs, found increased copay for prescriptions, found increased copay for insurance and lost there shirt in the market and are now getting a nice 1 percent return on there investments. But not to worry Bill Gates will be getting a nice break on his millions in dividends this year.
:confused:
ljb

JustRalph
04-13-2003, 04:13 PM
here we go.....LJB did you get a fax from the DNC this morning.

We been down this road before on this board. I guess you don't agree that the top income earners pay the most taxes. Well once again you are wrong. go away with that crap.......

Lefty
04-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Bill Gates made a lot of money from his ideas, marketing strategies and hard work. If it wasn't for him what do you think you'd be paying for browsers? Anything he gets he's earned. But he's paid more taxes than most any hundred men. JR was right. The rich pay the most taxes.
All this health insurance Medicare crap you can lay at the feet of LBJ and other Democrats. If he'd implemented Medical Savings accounts healthcare would be a bargain today.
I/m retired and the wife works. If i'd paid more attention when I was younger i'd have more put back. My fault not the President's.

ljb
04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
lWell then let's not use Bill Gates, let's use Ken Lay or Kenny boy as he used to be known. I have no idea what a browser would cost if it were not for Bill Gates, but it would probably be about the same. Going back to lbj is a bit much. Why not just go back to when the AMA and pharmaceticul industry killed Hilliary's health care plan? Glad to here your wife's still working, does she carry you on her insurance ? ljb
:rolleyes:

ljb
04-13-2003, 08:55 PM
I didn't say the top income earners pay less taxes then anyone. I just reported a story i read in this morning's paper. We are embarking on a national debt that would shock even the most inveterate horse player and how does the gubbermint plan on attacking it? Reduce veteran's benifits and decrease medicare benifits while giving tax cuts to the rich and famous. Clear enough ? ljb

Lefty
04-13-2003, 09:15 PM
You brght up Medicare and insurance. LBJ instituted it, not Geo. W.
The pharmacuticals killed Hillary's heath plan? You mean the one hatched behind closed doors and would call for jail sentences for Dr.s and patients if the patient tried to go outside the plan? Hey, talk radio hosts(mainly Rush)got hold of the plan and actually read it and tipped off the public how big a govt boondogle it would be.
BTW, Hillary sold her Pharmacutical stock short just before it went down. That Hillary, a financial genius. I'm surprised we still have a national debt at all with her guiding Bill for 6 yrs.
And get off that nonsense about tax cuts for the rich. I told you how they helped me and my income is not up there. Don't try to have it 7 ways from Sunday.
And yes, I pay money for it but I am on my wife's insurance. I just had a big hospital bill and Medicaree don't cut it. But it's a flawed Demo plan not the Repub's. Medical savings accts the way to go for our young ones before it's too late.
And if The Ponzi Plan called Social Security had been done right i'd have plenty of money.

ljb
04-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Oh sorry, I see you are using flush bimbo as a source of info. No sense in caring on this discussion any longer. Ditto heads have no ability to think for them selves, just parrot flush's silly, unreasoned thoughts.
bye now.
ljb

JustRalph
04-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Oh sorry, I see you are using flush bimbo as a source of info. No sense in caring on this discussion any longer. Ditto heads have no ability to think for them selves, just parrot flush's silly, unreasoned thoughts.bye now.
ljb

That is the problem right there. You are wrong again. We do think for ourselves. We make rational decisions based on logic and reason based in reality. Not some academics view of the world. Lefty is right on!

Think about it, 12% of your income taken from you for your entire working life. What do you think you could have done with that money if you could have managed it yourself? No it's in a mythical "lock box" or at least Gore wanted it there. Giving Hillary control of 8% of the entire economy was a death sentence. Thank God her plan was dead on arrival! I am sick of hearing poor hard swallowing Liberals parrot victimhood as the reason for their idiocy. You and Jesse Jackson, The Clinton's and the rest of your ilk are the problem with this country. The only thing worse are the Hollywood Limo Liberals who spend thousands of dollars on their hair and makeup and then complain because Repubs want to give me a little more say in how I spend my money. For you info there are several economists who agree that running a deficit is a good thing to do when the economy is down. It allows for incentive spending to grow the economy. I am sure you probably believe that Clinton was responsible for the economy in the 90's. The economy starting growing the last two quarters of the year Bush Sr. was in office. Clinton was just there to ride the wave created by Ron Reagan. You will never understand. Everybody is a victim to you. By the way, Ken Lay was a criminal and so were several others. They appear in every form of life. They occurr in the animal kingdom and all the way up the corporate ladder. They get prosecuted and locked up or eaten eventually. Contrary to your belief, Corporations are good for us. I could throw Jesse the Extortionist Jackson up as a criminal too. You probably wouldn't buy that either.

Which are you ljb, Limo or Swallower? Go Away! Just Go Away!

Tom
04-13-2003, 10:18 PM
....they just keep coming out of the woodwork. Sheez.
The tax cuts are for everyone, stupid! (just an expression, not a personal attack, ljb)
The reason they are good is that is our money and we can make the economy stronger better than the gov't can. And Hellary's health care plan was tantamount to suicide for the health care system.
What can we do about it?
Liberal and conservatives alike need realize that the idiots we have in congress on both sides of the aisle do not represent us. They only represent themselves. We all need to vote out every single incumbant and start with fresh blood, new ideas. It is time for a new regime in this country, too. time to take out the trash.

Lefty
04-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Nonsense. I listen to Rush because when he came along I found a media guy thinking much the same way I do. Rush fans listen to him because he thinks like us, not vise versa. Everyone who actually read Hillary's plan discredited it. Where have you been?
Her plan wass "socialized medicine" This stuff has been a big failure Every Country that's tried it.
BTW, Rush has a bigger audience than any liberal who's ever tried radio. Gotta be a reason, dont'cha think?

dav4463
04-14-2003, 12:51 AM
The war has gone so well that liberals can't find anything else to gripe about. Did you hear President Bush today when he mentioned how the media is reporting that after the statue of Hussein was pulled down, there was chaos? .....................................President Bush looked at the camera and said "NO KIDDING ! " You know he wanted to say "NO SH*T !".....

ljb
04-14-2003, 07:51 AM
This is the only thing the conservatives have to cheer about. Bush's war. Of course there is always Iran and Syria and North Korea and etc. Give us enough time and soldiers and bombs and money and we will get this world the way it should be. A couple of thoughts here fellows:
1. My original post was questioning the gubbermints method of paying for Bush's war. No comments from anyone .
2. I knew going in this topic i would be a minority here. Conservatives seem to dominate the internet.
3. I mentioned Hillary just to get your dander up. I know the mention of her name seems to get the conservative juices flowing.
4. I hope our political differences don't interfere with the real reason we come to this board. As i do enjoy discussing horse racing and arguing politics.
ljb

ljb
04-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Think about it, 12% of your income taken from you for your entire working life. I suppose i could have invested it in the stock market and watched it tank during this Bush economy. There are just as many economists that say the republican borrow and spend policy is bad for the economy. look at what happened after Reagon borrowed all that money the economy tanked. and Bush senior paid the price for it.
You have way to many misconceptions in your reply to answer here , so I wll just leave it at this.
ljb

Larry Hamilton
04-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Based on the lies and misiinformation I have seen so far from you, you have nothing else about any subject I want to hear...FYVM..where's that ignore button?

ljb
04-14-2003, 09:47 AM
As you posted:Based on the lies and misiinformation I have seen so far from you, you have nothing else about any subject I want to hear...FYVM
I would like a specific example of the above statement.
Thank you,
ljb

Hosshead
04-14-2003, 09:49 AM
I just had to laugh outloud. .... I saw This thread that said, HAPPY PEOPLE ! So I think,.. that sounds pleasant and upbeat,......so I click onto the Last post, and scroll up a couple of posts,.....And it was like going to a party, opening the door, looking into the "party room", and seeing knives and chairs and cake and ice cream, flying across the room. ... So I stepped back out of the doorway, closed the door, and said: Whew, thats about all the Happy People I can take in one day !!

Lefty
04-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Bushes War my butt. America's war and it should have been done during Clinton admin. but he was too busy with other matters. Just as well that adm. would have screwed it up royally. You gripe about taxes but then you gripe about Bush wanting to lower them. I don't get it?
We thrived during Reagan and the Clinton yrs benefitted from both Reagan and Bush. Please tell me one thing Clinton did to effect that great economy?
Reagan cut the tax rates across the board and that inspired the economy. Everytime we cut taxes the economy flourishes. Even JFK knew that. But it's not flourishing now you say? Well most of Bushes last tax cuts haven't even kicked in yet and compared to the money that goes dn the drain for so-called social services it was a miniscule tax cut at best.
It's funny, when Bush campaigned that according to all indications the economy was eroding the Demos criied for him to shut up as he was creating a "self fulfilling" prophecy. He could just see the handwriting on the wall. This is now the Clinton economy but if Bush can get all his tax cuts through it will flourish again.

ljb
04-14-2003, 02:41 PM
I don't recall about griping about taxes. You are getting upset and going off on tangents. Was it the mention of Hillary or are you just doing your Flush bimbo impersonation? Clinton turned the economy around by asking the well to do to help out with the massive deficit left by the borrow and spend republicans. Once he got it so the gubbermint wasn't sucking up all the dollars available there was monies available for private industry to invest and we all got richer.

Suff
04-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Personally I think ( actually, I know) an income tax is Unconstitional. But we can debate that another time. The Money Generated from "income Tax" pays about 30% of the Federal Govt's $2.1 Trillion Dollar Budget. The rest Comes from users tax...Like .25 cents a gallon on gas. And other taxes and fees the Govt charges its citizens for running its affairs. The Majority of all State and Local Budgets come from Excise taxes,,,Taxes and fees on Motor Vehicles....State gas taxes and most importantly ---Real Estate Taxes.

Although the rich do pay an unproporunate amount of income taxes.........The Lower and Middle Class pay the bills. Always have always will. 85% of the bills in the country are paid for by people making less than 50 grand.

and since only One half of ONE PERCENT (less the 500,00 people)
make more than $500,000.00 ....it always amazes me how many people fight for tax breaks for this crowd. You'd think every one of Rush Limbaughs callers fell in to this ONE HALF OF ONE PERCENT catergory........Because thier always fighting for tax breaks for this "Minority". I say....don't worry about these people. They'll be just fine. Worry about the guy standing on the corner in the rain at 5:00 AM waiting for the Bus to work. That guy could really use some support.

Although many rich people own two cars and two Homes. I can assure you. The money generated from "working Class" people dwarfs what the rich pay. And these taxes are what pays the bills. The income tax debate is a Red herring. This Country Lives and Breathes on the backs of Hard working everyday Americans. And no one pays my share for me.

Honest and educated people can disagree. I'm not into calling anyone stupid or ignorant. I respect anyone's opinion. Of Course I respect it a little more if it is similiar to mine......

But Truthfully......Educated informed discussions are good for the Brain and good for the soul. When they drop to the lowest common denomator of "Name Calling" or insults,,,,,,they're a waste of time. Play Nice.

GR1@HTR
04-14-2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/150/226/10x7/030414_war_09.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/150/37/10x7/030413_war_03.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/149/821/10x7/030412_war_02.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/149/581/10x7/030411warss_update_01.jpg

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/149/334/10x7/030410_war_08.jpg

And the new ride at LS
http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/149/334/10x7/030410_war_05.jpg

Suff
04-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Lefty

We thrived during Reagan and the Clinton yrs benefitted from both Reagan and Bush. Please tell me one thing Clinton did to effect that great economy?
Reagan cut the tax rates across the board and that inspired the economy. tax cuts through it will flourish again.

Ronald Reagan....Great President no Doubt. But Reagan Deficit spent. To the Tune of TRILLIONS.....to defeat the Soviets in The cold war. Clinton paid all those bills and Balanced the Budget when he was in office. Reagan Did'nt have One Balanced Budget in 8 years. He Borrowed out the GAZZOO....to finance the Military establishment.

ON ANOTHER NOTE..

Who'd he borrow from. The federal reserve Bank. Most people Think the Fed is part of The US Govt. Its not. Its Private Bankers.

I happen to know who they are....

and I will take 20 Minutes out of my day to type it up for you.....

Article 1, Section 8 of The constitution States "Congress shall have power to create Coin" or "regulate the Value Thereof"

The Congress Illegally gave the Fed the right to print money.

The fed also buys US Govt debt with money printed at NO COST to them and then charges the US taxpayer Interest.

Many Presidents and Congressman have said this is FRAUD.

Today however...the fed is a Privately Held Company the controls and profits by Printing Money through the treasury.\

The Fed Began with about 300 Stockholders. (mostly banks and a few individuals)

They make up an international Banking cartel of Wealth beyond Comparsion.

the Fed collects BILLIONS of dollars annually from the US govt (in the form of interest) and distributes it to its stock holders.

the Fed prints moneys and loans it back to us through banks.

Who owns the Fed?

12 central Banks

Rotshchild Bank London (Jewish)
Warburg Bank of Germany (Jewish)
Rotshchild Bank of Germany (Jewish)
Lehman Brothers of New York (Jewish)
Lazard Brothers of Paris (Jewish)
Kuhn Loeb of New York (Jewish)
Isreal Moses Seif Banks of Italy (Jewish)
Goldman Sachs of New York (Jewish)
Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (Rockefeller)

I can back up anything I typed here......so If your looking for an arguement,,,,You'd better have your ducks in a row.

WINMANWIN
04-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Good info Suff, I wasn't aware of that. I used to work in the Federal Reserve Building yrs ago after High School IN N.Y. I was in construction at the time, I used to stare at the piles of money
on the tables stacked to the ceiling. Which reminds me of a character that was on my crew who was always scheming to RIP them off. I remember he said, If we could just scrape a gold brick
who would know ? Then during clean up, How bout we vacuum some bills up with this shop vac ? After mths end, I asked the
shop steward, where the guy was, He said, You can say He got caught doing something he shouldn't....Wonder if he's out yet ?
Just hope he went for the large bills, and went for a long 1, cause his fed stretch was probably a long 1.

Amazin
04-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Go LJB! Give it to the conservative imperial bastards.(Now a word of advice)I notice the apprentice next to your name.Scroll down a few posts and you will see the thread"war breeds war".That's me vs.the PA board.153 posts.It would of been 500 posts,but I had to stop and do taxes.Your perception so far is correct.They take what you say and twist it around,and when you ask them a question directly they can't answer they start singing the national anthem.Not sure sometimes whether to get mad at them or laugh at them.Others with non conservative viewpoints have either dropped out or quit posting here.Don't get discouraged by what transpires here.:cool:

Derek2U
04-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Why do u even bother to try 2 penetrate Lefty's head? Havent
U done ur homework & read my past 6,573 anti-Lefty-opinions?
And what good did it all do except my fiancee said I got the most
tender finger tips in nyc? So, u gotta know that Rightists just love arguing. And typing non stop. Sometimes your better off not knowing how much u been had .... Like if i boxed any of these
Right-obsessed dim lights i'd be up 4 murder charges. There all
outta shape just look at DoughGuy Rush Limpbaugh. Can U even
imaGINE what condition Lefty or that Doug et al et al is in?
These guys just hangout & type stuff thats like old ideas over +
over so why agitate them. Follow my lead & be a CalminG Room
Influence .... its my spiritual imperatiVE.

Lefty
04-14-2003, 08:59 PM
ljb, you started a post with "think about it, 12% taken from you for your entire life." Sounded like griping to me. But don't worry, Geo W's tax breaks will also include you.
Sufferin, yep Was some deficits during Reagan yrs to defeat the commies. Worth it too. Also a lot of the deficit came from Congress overspending and breaking their promise to Reagan.
Clinton pd for deficits by balancing the budget. Wellsir, that never happened until Repubs took over the Congress in 94 and a balanced budget was in the Contract With America. Clinton finally gave in and has nerve enough to take credit for it ever since.
lbj, i mean ljb, you mean raising taxes helped the economy? Is that what you're saying, sir?

Lefty
04-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Derek, in pretty damn good shape. Anytime son. Is your chest larger than your waist. Mine still is.

Amazin
04-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Derek:

Words of wisdom which I will take under advisement.In the meantime we must unite to overthrow this puppet conservative regime of the PA board.Lefty ,Tom and Boris constiute an axis of evil the internet has not known.The time for diplomacy is over.Soon we will roll into Lefty's brain and liberate the members of this board from his tyranical statements.After all he did gas his own pa members with his noxious statements.Tears of joy will be seen by the PA members shouting,"Thank-YOU Mr.Amazin. Aw shucks,iIt's the least I can do.

ljb
04-14-2003, 09:46 PM
The post with the think about it 12% taxes for you life start was a quote from a post I was responding to. I am still learning and didn't quite get it right. In other words those were not my sentiments. As far as raising taxes helping the economy. Well were you here during the Clinton years ? Secondly as far as Newt Gingrich's contract with America we all know how that turned out for Newt and his cohorts. (It tanked). Lefty you should really read a book or something learn a little about the world besides what you here from Flush.

Lefty
04-14-2003, 09:55 PM
The Contract With America Tanked? News to me. It was promised all 10 items would be brght up for a vote. That happened and most passed. Including Balanced Budget and Welfare reform which Clinton fght against but finally had to sign into law, and has the gall to take credit for. Well, why not, if guys like you blve it?
So tax hikes work? Hmm, if that's true why didn't the tax hike that Geo H. Bush was forced by the demos to implement didn't lead to a glorious economy. You mean tax hikes only work for liberals?
And I should rea=d a book. That's laughable.

Amazin, pay a lot of taxes? Wonder how much you would have to pay if Reagan hadn't cut the rates?

Tom
04-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Hosshead
I just had to laugh outloud. .... I saw This thread that said, HAPPY PEOPLE ! So I think,.. that sounds pleasant and upbeat,......so I click onto the Last post, and scroll up a couple of posts,.....And it was like going to a party, opening the door, looking into the "party room", and seeing knives and chairs and cake and ice cream, flying across the room. ... So I stepped back out of the doorway, closed the door, and said: Whew, thats about all the Happy People I can take in one day !!

This is as happy as we get <G> You should see us on a bad day:rolleyes:

Tom
04-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
Derek:

Words of wisdom which I will take under advisement.In the meantime we must unite to overthrow this puppet conservative regime of the PA board.Lefty ,Tom and Boris constiute an axis of evil the internet has not known.The time for diplomacy is over.Soon we will roll into Lefty's brain and liberate the members of this board from his tyranical statements.After all he did gas his own pa members with his noxious statements.Tears of joy will be seen by the PA members shouting,"Thank-YOU Mr.Amazin. Aw shucks,iIt's the least I can do.

You got a statue of you anywwhere?
'cause if you do that to Lefty, I am going to have to pull it down and ride the head all over the internet;) ;)

Tom
04-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Ronald Reagan....Great President no Doubt. But Reagan Deficit spent. To the Tune of TRILLIONS.....to defeat the Soviets in The cold war. Clinton paid all those bills and Balanced the Budget when he was in office. Reagan Did'nt have One Balanced Budget in 8 years. He Borrowed out the GAZZOO....to finance the Military establishment.

Money well spent. Clinton also fell asleep at the wheel and let the military get dangerously out of shape. And the recession started before he left office.

dav4463
04-15-2003, 12:48 AM
The anti-war crowd is just trying to relive the sixties. They dress like hippies, carry their stupid little signs, read poetry, and chant NO war for OIL. What a pathetic group of misinformed idiots. We didn't start this war just for the hell of it. We were attacked by terrorists and if ANYBODY thinks Hussein had nothing to do with it, they are as disillusioned as Bagdhad Bob the Iraqui info minister. Maybe for once, we have a president who says what he is going to do and DOES IT. It sends a message to the rest of the world that we aren't going to sit back and let terrorists take pot shots at our country without us doing anything about it. I don't understand the hate for America here in our own country. You have the best of everything. This country protects and helps the entire world and what thanks do we get....None, not even from our own people. At least President Bush has the guts to do what's right and doesn't look at the presidency as a popularity contest.

dav4463
04-15-2003, 12:54 AM
First the liberals say to leave Hussein alone and not even go to war. Then when we go, they say it will take years and years with thousands of casualties. Then when we take the country over in less than a month, you see the happy people enjoying freedom, then you gripe about looting. Then the looting slows down and you have to find something else to gripe about. You have seen and heard of the atrocities of the Hussein regime. We took the man from power. Why are there not just a few liberals that will admit to being wrong? Oh I forgot, liberals are never wrong. They have all the answers....

JustRalph
04-15-2003, 03:49 AM
I heard some used to be CIA guy or something say tonight on Fox that Saddam got out of that Restaurant we bombed just in time to save his fanny. He said that Tariq Aziz and Baghdad Bob decided to stay for dessert and it cost them their lives. That would be interesting. :cool: he didn't say that exactly, I am paraphrasing.....but his point was they didn't get out in time. He didn't really say they were having dinner or anything. I wonder what the hell they were doing that close to our troops anyway. These guys were real idiots.

dav4463
04-15-2003, 04:07 AM
I was kind of hoping Bagdhad Bob would survive this war. He would make an interesting guest on Letterman ! What a piece of work he is....or should I say "was" !!!

Boris
04-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Amazin

Lefty ,Tom and Boris constiute an axis of evil the internet has not known.

Cool. When you print the deck, I want to be the Jack of Clubs. Drew one to complete my first ever royal, and it's been a favorite of mine ever since.

Memo to others in the Axis: Be nice to Derek. He'd be a good guy if he ever moved out of NYC. I think he's kinda liberal for self-defense.

Amazin
04-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Tom Quote

"You got a statue of you anywwhere?
'cause if you do that to Lefty, I am going to have to pull it down and ride the head all over the internet "

Confused again?It's you guys who are the axis of evil.So it's your statue that will roll.Gidyup hossy.

freeneasy
04-15-2003, 05:02 PM
you sure know how to fu a wet dream
get your post in the right place, idiot, if theres something eating at your AH and there aint an ongoing thread in regaurds to that matter then start your own thread. dont barge in here with your fk everybody that disagrees with me because Iam flawlessly opinionated attitude.
How or what in the hell does your stink'n taxes have anything to do with a repressed, embittered, and enslaved people experiencing the pangs and joy of the firstfruits of freedom. yisoab
This is what this thread is about.:p
Now as I was saying...
Yeah Tom, thats the gut I saw, some guy in a long gown trying to haul away this bus with a crane. I mean now thats what I call some guy tasteing " da skys da limit' for the very first time. But what made it so hilarious was, I aint never seen a guy use a crane to heist a bus, useually the heistee just grabs a bus and runs for it. this guy just grabbed up a crane and said, hey now that I figured out how to operate this big ole crane, I guess that makes me the owner, and while Iam at it I guess I may as well pinch this bus for and take home to the little wifey. Makes sense. Oh Luuuucy, look honey, lookwhat I got for you. I love it
No, the guy takeing a bath in a bucket of money, no man, I missed that one. But Ill bet it was worth every wink. ahuuuuuu

Tom
04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
The axis of evil meeting this week has been postponed until next Friday due to the holidy. We will finalize our plans to rape, plunder, and pilage Syria then. Don't forget to bring your 55 gallon drums as we will begin the oil dispensing at the next meeting.
Secret agendas are posted at www.axisofevil.com

ljb
04-15-2003, 07:05 PM
You seem to have a larger mental deficiency then lefty. You wouldn't be one of Flush's illegitmate bastards would you ? Well if you think not, you may want to go in for some dna testing. You may qualify for a free IQ test.

Lefty
04-15-2003, 07:19 PM
ljb, as Reagan would say: "there ya go again." Only the names change but liberal tactics stay the same. Someone doesn't agree with you, they must be mental deficient. I haven't resorted to these tactics with you, just presented my argument. I don't have to call anyone an idiot, mental defecient or tell them to go read a book because my well-reasoned, cogent arguments speak for themselves. You guys just keep giving yourselves away.
Ahh, Lefty, you're right again.

Tom
04-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ljb
You seem to have a larger mental deficiency then lefty. You wouldn't be one of Flush's illegitmate bastards would you ? Well if you think not, you may want to go in for some dna testing. You may qualify for a free IQ test.

Does this add to the discussion? Is it really necessary to resort to personal attacks and name calling? Differing opinions are one thing, outright rudeness and childish behavior is another.
Please, if you can't act like an adult, don't join in adult conversations.

ljb
04-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I don't imagine you bothered to read freeneasy's post to me.

ljb
04-15-2003, 08:01 PM
OK Lefty no name calling. Just one question. Originally I asked what the Bush supporters had to say about the fact that we are building an enormous deficit with (what I call Bush's war). The current economic proposals inclued decreasing veterans benifits and medicare and a tax break that primarily benifits the well to do. After posting this question i was attacked by many posters herein. I would like to hear you intelligent opinion on the above question.
thank you,
ljb

Lefty
04-16-2003, 12:38 AM
ljb, I did comment on the tax end of the question. I really don't know much about the vets thing yet but i'm trying to find out. But I proved that tax cuts don't mainly benefit the rich. They are benefitting me and i'm not rich. And there are millions just like me.Okay, say I save 3000 and a millionaire saves, well, a million. It doesn't make good sense for me to say hey, don't give me that three grand cause I don't want Joe Bucks to get his million. That's what's happening. The left is trying to convince people that getting back their own money's a bad thing. It's a good thing.
Clinton outraged me once when he was in office when he said about the surplus(and I paraphrase)"well we could give it to the people if we thght they would spend it right." It outrages me when any govt official thinks he knows how to spend MY money better than I do. It's an outrage.
And I do think we can have some intelligent discussions on this board without resorting to name-calling.

dav4463
04-16-2003, 03:41 AM
The Tim Robbins crap that was on C-SPAN tonight showed just what the left is all about. They aren't anti-war, they are just anti-Bush. They are nothing but sore losers who cannot admit they were wrong so they are grasping at straws now trying to find someone who can challenge Bush in 2004.....by the way, Lefty, you are great American, we could use more like you !

ljb
04-16-2003, 08:13 AM
I don't know what tax bracket you are in but the figures would be more like $300 and 30 million. As you know the current economy has most state governments in a bind as they can't use deficit spending. Here's another quote from Clinton. "normally when states are having financial problems the federal government would help them out a bit with some federal monies, but now they're giving the money to me?" Just another example of the different philosphys of the left and right.
ljb

Lefty
04-16-2003, 12:21 PM
I;d rather for all americans to get a tax cut and spend their own money and not worry what the other guy's getting. That's pure class envy and constantly exploited by the left. Clinton doesn't know a thing about economics and just happened to be in office when the economy turned around as it always does.
When he was talkiing about raising the minimum wage to a bunch of small businessmen some small pizza store owner said he couldn't afford it and would have to lay off an emplyee or two.
Clinton said he didn't have to do that that all he had to do was raise the price of his pizza. I wouldn't take economic advice from a guy who thght that was the answer. I'll take my tax money thank you and if Bill Gates gets 30 mill more power to him. I'll buy more stuff and he'll hire more people or spend it developing a great product. Win Win.
High taxes for everybody including us Social Security recipients, LOSE LOSE.

Lefty
04-16-2003, 12:23 PM
dav4463, thanks for that wonderful compliment but this board is chockfull of great Americans. Thank you again.

ljb
04-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Sorry lefty but, you didn't reply to my note re Clinton's qoute and you may want to check the employment stats during clintons era and currently. So far Bushes tax cuts have been negative for the economy. Like someone said in another topic, The proofs in the pudding.
ljb

Lefty
04-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Clinton rode the crest of an econmic recovery that started gaining momentum during the last quarter of Bush adm.
How could Geo W's tax cuts have hurt the economy? Most of them haven't taken effect yet.
9-11 put a big hole in the economy. Tax cuts one of the tools to bring it back.
Even JFK knew to cut taxes.
Clinton while saddling us with massive tax hikes implored a struggling Japan to cut taxes. What a guy.