PDA

View Full Version : dow jones

lamboguy
01-30-2009, 05:31 AM
its intereting how the dow jones is a weighted average of stocks.
if all the financials were to go completely out of business at this point, the dow would only fall about 300 points on a day.a year ago it would have gone down 5000 points.

so the point i am going to bring out is this, the stronger industry's will get higher weightings in the future, that will put some type of artificial bottom on the index's. i suspect in the future there will be a higher weighting of natural recource stocks and business that haven't even been dreamt up yet.

lamboguy
01-30-2009, 05:45 AM
i cannot make any sense at all to what this program is all about in washington d.c.

all i know is obama got elected to run this country. whether you like him or not you have to respect the fact that he knew how to get elected and that he is not a stupid man.

you better beleive that he knows this bail out program is a crock of bull.

i suspect that down the road there are going to be bank holiday's and stock market closing's. i strongly suggest you take possescion of your gold and precious metals along with any stock certificate's you might have with broker dealer's. they along with the govenment is not to be trusted for one minute.

if you don't beleive me take a look at this guy christopher dodd, he is one big joke. but it looks like he is setting you up for this senario.

ddog
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
i don't care about the indexes.
However , I will predict this, if bama and that fruitloop geithner along with insane bernake and the dung heap from congress, frankdoddlosi set up this "bad bank" deal and if they do it to bottom line "protect" the ones who made them "bad banks" then the bottom is NOT in sight.

You will be in for massive bad time that will make GD1 look like a Sunday stroll with Ms. Daisy.

They will setoff a worldwide depression and i expect an inability of anyone to finance operations without the Fed buying it all up and the market will FORCE them to buy it all or shutdown.

They are on the edge, they better not play chicken here and instead drop these dead banks like the scum they are and clear out the worthless junk, mark it down NOW!

It's curtains either via a slow death or a death star if they go the reverse.

if you look close you can see the increased fraying of the edges of the "New World Order Economics", it's started in many countries overseas.

Many are not taking their "rewards" in stride.

Back a long while ago I posted a 50-50 chance of this thing going off the cliff, at that time I did not expect such foolish and gutless actions on a grand scale as have been pursued by our and many other gvts.

I make it 80-20 for cliff dive now.

hold your gold if you got it boys.

lamboguy
01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
the market is at a very crucial point right now. i hate to agree with you on your pessimism, but i can see the market breaking one sector at a time. i don't want to sound that foolish, but what does taxes have to do with this mess? bush lowered them for the corporations and they sent all the jobs overseas.

the bush way did not work. and what was worse is that there was no confidence in either his policies or the way he led from both sides of the isle.

this guy don't seem any better except young people believe in him. is that enough to lead us out of this mess? i doubt it, but time will tell

robert99
01-30-2009, 02:43 PM
If the French can do it ....??

"Imagine that, instead of being happy and giddy during the Inauguration, those 2 million people instead protested the horrible economy. That’s just about what is happening in France right now.

Huge crowds have taken to the streets in France to protest over the handling of the economic crisis, causing disruption to rail and air services. Unions said 2.5m workers had rallied to demand action to protect wages and jobs. Police put the total at 1m. President Nicolas Sarkozy said concerns over the crisis were legitimate and the government had to listen and act. He will meet union and business leaders next month to discuss what programme of reforms to follow this year, he said. Overall, the government estimated that a quarter of the country’s public sector workers had joined the action, which was called by eight major French unions. The unions put the figure higher. A spokesman for the CGT union told AFP that 2.5m people across the country had taken part in the day’s protests. French police put the number at just over 1m."