PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dodd has giant balls

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Obama's comments came on the same day that the Democratic chairman of the Senate Banking Committee threatened to bring before his committee any Wall Street executives who take big bonuses after their firms are propped up with public money.

"Whether it was used directly or indirectly, this infuriates the American people and rightly so," said Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/d000388) (D-Conn.). "So I say to anyone else who does it: If you do it, I'm going to bring you before the committee." This is the same Dodd who not very long ago:

Senators Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.) and Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) have been implicated in a mortgage scandal involving Countrywide bank. This is obviously a touchy issue considering that Dodd is the chairman of the Senate banking committee, it is an election year and a $300 billion lender bailout is supposed to be voted on today in the Senate.

http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/blogs/investorcentric/2008/06/senator-christopher-dodd-implicated-in.html

These Democrats (and the morons who voted for them) have no shame.

JustRalph
01-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Funny, this Dodd thing is coming up in Litigation discussions against Countrywide.

don't ask me how I know................ :bang:

The problem lies in assessing how much of a benefit, dollar wise, he actually realized on the transaction. He has proclaimed that he would eventually produce his mortgage paperwork. Many are waiting on that to occur.

ddog
01-31-2009, 09:52 AM
when the well is dirty so the cup drawn from it.

you seem to indicate doodoo has done something out of the ordinary?
thus the need for a large set.

he at least is still paying the mtg, i guess??

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Serious question.....who committed the worse crime.....Blago of Dodd?

To me, hands down, Dodd. He should face treason charges for betraying his office.

ddog
01-31-2009, 11:23 AM
blogo = no crime proven too early to say, lthough he is in the lead at the first call

dood = common crime thoughout the country, he should be publicly rebuked by the senate and then voted out in the next election , although I doubt that is possible.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
when the well is dirty so the cup drawn from it.

you seem to indicate doodoo has done something out of the ordinary?
thus the need for a large set.

he at least is still paying the mtg, i guess??You are indeed a tough man to please.

ezrabrooks
01-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Funny, this Dodd thing is coming up in Litigation discussions against Countrywide.

don't ask me how I know................ :bang:

The problem lies in assessing how much of a benefit, dollar wise, he actually realized on the transaction. He has proclaimed that he would eventually produce his mortgage paperwork. Many are waiting on that to occur.

As sure as Rahm Emanuel and the President are going to come up in the Blogo trial. The skeletons are rattling right now.

jballscalls
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
These Liberals are the lowest of the low!! damn them!! everything would be perfect if we could just get the conservatives in charge!

riskman
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
"Dodd's accusers have e-mail evidence apparently showing that Countrywide did, in fact, give Dodd preferential treatment. Countrywide sent an internal e-mail message that said to give Dodd a 0.5 discount on his rates because he was a U.S. senator, according to Portfolio.com. "

The article was written in June 08. Has the "evidence" been turned over to the AG or U.S. Attorney for disposition. Maybe Barney Frank can do some influence peddling and get his buddy Tom off the hook if there is in fact a rotten fish here.

JustRalph
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
These Liberals are the lowest of the low!! damn them!! everything would be perfect if we could just get the conservatives in charge!

funny stuff........... "real conservatives" would be better

The problem with using the Dodd situation in Litigation is you would have to quantify the exact benefit he received. Until the actual mortgage doc's are revealed and the numbers crunched, you can't use it in litigation unless you are willing to just refer to the Dodd deal instead of using it for a determination for damages.

For $500 bucks an hour my friendly lawyer will do either, but waiting for a real number might be more beneficial..... in the end. Especially if you might consider going all the way to a jury 2 years or more down the road.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
These Liberals are the lowest of the low!! damn them!! everything would be perfect if we could just get the conservatives in charge!Real conservatives...yes...you are 100% correct.

ddog
01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
the "friends of angelo" were legion on all sides.

guy like angelo , they are just taking scalps as we say in these parts. the scalp is all they want.
if down the road something more comes of it , then fine, if not then just having the scalp gets you the next shot.

you don't need doubt that.

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
There are far more libs than real conservatives, no doubt because it takes more than talk to be one. ;)