PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIFICATION FOR WAR

NYRAcapper
04-09-2003, 09:50 AM
What we are seeing this morning (WED 4-9) on CNN actually brings tears to my eyes. People in the streets, by the thousands, cheering US troops, tearing down statues in my eyes justifies all that we have done so far. God only knows what these poor people have gone through, but I'm sure we, will to our disgust and dismay, begin to find out all too soon just how bad it really was under the iron fist of Saddam. God bless all of our troops and GOD BLESS a FREE IRAQ

GR1@HTR
04-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Now the question is:

1) Are these people really happy about their freedom

or

2) Are they just taking advantage of stealing and taking stuff w/o having to worry about getting caught. Kinda like the crazy mobs we see cities after team wins a championship...

I hope #1 is the correct answer...

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Funny, but it seems that most Iraqis are not missing Saddam.

Amazin? Could you straighten me out on this one? Is it because they are terrified by the American war machine?

Dave

doophus
04-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Dave the Instigator just made PA take another swig of Maalox. <g>

I, too, would like to hear Amazin's rejoinder.

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2003, 10:42 AM
I heard an interesting quote on Fox last night. It came from a listener's email. I paraphrase because I could not locate the email on the website...

"With all the western journalists complaining about the civilian deaths in Iraq, I have heard no mention that how ever many are killed, it will be far less than the number that would have died in the next year alone at the hands of Saddam's regime."

Very powerful statement, when you think about it.

sq764
04-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Check out cnn website now. They show an article on a torture chamber they found, where they would bathe people in chemical baths, beat them, and rip off finger and toenails.

Maybe we should do that to Chirac and see if his stance on the war will change..

NYRAcapper
04-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Check out cnn website now. They show an article on a torture chamber they found, where they would bathe people in chemical baths, beat them, and rip off finger and toenails.

Actually saw this story on CNN television last night. One word to descibe the place "SICKENING" and to think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

NYRAcapper
04-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Maybe we should do that to Chirac and see if his stance on the war will change

Personnally, I believe Mr Chirac's opinion is purely political and fed by the dollars of the FRENCH OIL COMPANIES with contracts with the former IRAQI government to drill for oil. There are countries and politicians all over the world that do the same thing. Its sad that more people in France and elsewhere cannot see this for what it is. Ands its sad that so many were more concerned about their own "pocketbooks" than the plight of the IRAQI people as a whole. That is what this is about.
I, personally am looking forward to see what happens when an Iraqi Democratic government tells the French to go fly a kite and sell their oil to the highest bidder.
Of course, the Big French oil companies and the leaders that their money elects know this, thus their opposition to our intervention.

BillW
04-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NYRAcapper@YOUBET
Personnally, I believe Mr Chirac's opinion is purely political and fed by the dollars of the FRENCH OIL COMPANIES with contracts with the former IRAQI government to drill for oil. There are countries and politicians all over the world that do the same thing. Its sad that more people in France and elsewhere cannot see this for what it is. Ands its sad that so many were more concerned about their own "pocketbooks" than the plight of the IRAQI people as a whole. That is what this is about.
I, personally am looking forward to see what happens when an Iraqi Democratic government tells the French to go fly a kite and sell their oil to the highest bidder.
Of course, the Big French oil companies and the leaders that their money elects know this, thus their opposition to our intervention.

I suspect we will also find a few "Made in France" tags on questionable material. Russia has been caught and Germany fired a preemptive strike by indicting(convicting?) 2 companies of selling material in violation of UN resolutions on Iraq. I suspect that China has a hand in that game also.

I wonder what the UN charter has to say about countries being in breach of UN resolutions regarding a country, overseeing the rebuilding process of that country? Sounds problematic to me :confused:

Bill

NYRAcapper
04-09-2003, 11:47 AM
I suspect we will also find a few "Made in France" tags on questionable material. Russia has been caught and Germany fired a preemptive strike by indicting(convicting?) 2 companies of selling material in violation of UN resolutions on Iraq. I suspect that China has a hand in that game also.

You are absolutely correct, and I'm sure that these things were given to Iraq in exchange for drilling contracts. This is simply a case of the FRENCH, etc, trying to "protect their investment". And this is exactly what I am talking about when I say its SAD. Let me also say that noone is above this type of behavior including the USA . Let us not forget who it was that gave Saddam his chemical weapons to begin with.
This is why I say the world would be a much better place if everyone stood up and took a look at what was really going on, and people would genuinely be interested in helping those who need help rather than lining their own pockets.

so.cal.fan
04-09-2003, 11:59 AM
I watched Sheppard Smith on Fox last night.......his live phone conversations with embedded reporter Rick Leventhal was unbelievable.
Rick had just come into Baghdad and told of the forces finding a huge camp, the size of camp Pendleton (Calif.) where it was a training camp for PLO terrorists!!!!!!!!
I'm positive we will hear more of this.
Additionally, Rick was walking the streets of Baghdad with about 100 reservist troops.......Shep talked to a young man from Calif.
He had signed on to get a college education....worked at Sears, and was now walking the streets of Baghdad with a machine gun, walking along side of Rick.
Several people emailed Shep, that new this young man.
College student from Livermore, Calif. Works at Sears......over in Iraq fighting for US.
We also watched Shep talk live to Greg Kelly and the troops camped out on one of Saddams front lawns!

Tom
04-09-2003, 12:25 PM
When Gorege W bush stands before St Peter at the pearly gates, St Peter will welcome him for liberating (so far) two nations formerly ruled by evil ditactors and regimes of evil.
When Sadaam or Bin LAden knock on the door, St Peter will take one look at them, then turn and holler ,"Jesus! Did you call for a cab?"

doophus
04-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Is Cuba next?

Tom
04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by doophus
Is Cuba next?

Cuba is 5th. Jesse Ventura has the right idea there - the hell with a boycott - it is seneless and does no one any good. Castro is no threat to anyone and the USA certainly has a debt to pay to the people of Cuba. We shafted them and left them hanging, then rubbed salt in the wounds all these years. GWB has to stand up and admitt this one is our fault and fix it.

sq764
04-09-2003, 02:20 PM
..is that we seem to be stirring up the Korea issue now. I think this is a very bad idea. True, they flaunt their Atomic weapons research, but they probably have enough nuke power to put a world of hurtin on us and have no problem doing it.

I think its best to let sleeping dogs lie, especially when there is milliona of them just waiting for us to make the wrong move..

GR1@HTR
04-09-2003, 02:25 PM
re Korea: I haven't heard a peep from them since we starting blowing stuff up in IRAQ. Don't think Korea is up to playing with the big boys now.

re IRAQ: Let's make them the 51st state.

doophus
04-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Wonder if Amazin' would consider the annexation of Iraq as LOVE?

BillW
04-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
re Korea: I haven't heard a peep from them since we starting blowing stuff up in IRAQ. Don't think Korea is up to playing with the big boys now.

Korea is still yacking, we're just ignoring them for the time being. China, of course is directly behind them.

Lefty
04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Sq, trble is, N. Korea no sleeping dog. Thanks to Bill Clinton they are awake, have nukes and must be dealt with in some way.

sq764
04-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I think they need to be left alone. They are content with us, which is fine.

Kinda like a hornets nest if you leave it alone. But if you disturb it.....

JustRalph
04-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by sq764
..is that we seem to be stirring up the Korea issue now. I think this is a very bad idea. True, they flaunt their Atomic weapons research, but they probably have enough nuke power to put a world of hurtin on us and have no problem doing it.

I think its best to let sleeping dogs lie, especially when there is milliona of them just waiting for us to make the wrong move..

Sq

I have faith in the B-2 Bomber............

BillW
04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by sq764
I think they need to be left alone. They are content with us, which is fine.

Kinda like a hornets nest if you leave it alone. But if you disturb it.....

SQ,

They are trying to blackmail us, that's where this latest tension all started. We _were_ leaving them alone and all along they were violating our agreement. Now those weasles are threatening us to give them more.

Bill

doophus
04-10-2003, 09:19 AM
I agree that this is a classic case of blackmail. The N Koreans were successful w/Clinton's bunch, IMO. Now they have the nukes and a rocket booster to carry it to the west coast.....hmmmmmmmmm

These formerly pipsqueaks (until Clinton) are nothing but lackies for the Chinese. Beijing calls every shot, IMO, and our success w/N Korea will be had only thru the economic "pressures" that will be applied to China by primarily Japan and USA.

We wouldn't be having these problems if MacArthur had been allowed to take the attack farther north! There might be a "red cloud" circumnavigating the Earth for the past 50yrs, but N Korea et al would long ago have been sterilized.