PDA

View Full Version : Missing rider at Turf Paradise?

BlueShoe
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Have noticed that Scott Stevens,older brother of Hall of Famer Gary,is not riding the current Turf Paradise meet.Always among the leaders at this meet,he was always a threat when he came over to SoCal with an Arizona shipper.He may have quietly retired or be riding at another venue,but am unable to get any info.Guys?

BillW
01-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Have noticed that Scott Stevens,older brother of Hall of Famer Gary,is not riding the current Turf Paradise meet.Always among the leaders at this meet,he was always a threat when he came over to SoCal with an Arizona shipper.He may have quietly retired or be riding at another venue,but am unable to get any info.Guys?

I don't have the last few weeks of races in my database but I show him riding at CBY last on 09/01/08

boomman
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Scott was injured with a torn ACL @ Canterbury last fall, then delayed the surgery until after he returned from a vacation in Hawaii. It is my understanding that he will be returning to action in the next few weeks.............

Boomer

BlueShoe
01-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Boomer.Always thought that this rider had talent,and wondered why he never really made it bigtime on the major circuits,but rode in the shadow of his famous younger brother.