PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl winner is...

pktruckdriver
01-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok here is your chance to speak out before the big game.

Unlike the biggest upset last year, can it happen again, maybe it can.

pandy
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I've picked the Super Bowl correctly against the spread for 6 years in a row, including underdogs Eagles (covered vs Pats), Giants (beat Pats), going for 7 straight with the Steelers. I put my bet in early - 6 1/2, my full analysis in on my site.

ddog
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
if there is a speck of universal justice , the stealers will lose.

I am sick of the 'sixerburgh stuff way sick already.

GaryG
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I rarely bet on football but couldn't resist this one. I made a serious bet on Pittsburgh. The game needs more guys like Big Ben and Hines Ward.....not to mention fellow Trojan Troy Polamalu.

dutchboy
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know what the line is on the Puppy Bowl to be shown this Sunday? Cute to watch for a few minutes and I always cheer for the underdog.

cj's dad
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
This has to be the most underhyped Super Bowl in memory.Unless one lives in Pitsberg (UGH) or Arizona who really cares- no NY, Dallas, Green Bay, or the like ---can you say blah ???

cj's dad
01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I've picked the Super Bowl correctly against the spread for 6 years in a row, including underdogs Eagles (covered vs Pats), Giants (beat Pats), going for 7 straight with the Steelers. I put my bet in early - 6 1/2, my full analysis in on my site.

actually, I picked the last 34 KD winners correctly and those who know me will verify that. Info at www.iamabullshitter.com (http://www.iamabullshitter.com)

BetHorses!
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
actually, I picked the last 34 KD winners correctly and those who know me will verify that. Info at www.iamabullshitter.com (http://www.iamabullshitter.com)

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marshall Bennett
01-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Pittsburgh ( -7 ) I'm amazed that 32% actually think Arizona can win this game . Oh well , stranger things have happened , after all , the Jets beat the Colts .

The Judge
01-31-2009, 09:24 AM
so that the Steelers stay tied with Dallas and the 49ers for most SB wins.

ldiatone
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
This has to be the most underhyped Super Bowl in memory.Unless one lives in Pitsberg (UGH) or Arizona who really cares- no NY, Dallas, Green Bay, or the like ---can you say blah ???

well ya had to use a(UGH) and spell the 'burg wrong. i was to let it ride after your picks on mon from pha. nice pick in the 4th. the 9th the 3 was beat by the FTS 6. and a few others i agreed w/.
dallas-->cryboys, which ny team? and Green Bay? "slackers"(my sister will kill me) and i will not even pick on baltimore....but since ya said (UGH)

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-31-2009, 09:31 PM
Will be rooting for the underdog...but I believe the Pittsburgh defense is just too strong a unit. Hopefully a good game.

cj's dad
01-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Pittsburgh - the city that has sent thousands to Baltimore for jobs cause "you ain't got any"

well ya had to use a(UGH) and spell the 'burg wrong. i was to let it ride after your picks on mon from pha. nice pick in the 4th. the 9th the 3 was beat by the FTS 6. and a few others i agreed w/.
dallas-->cryboys, which ny team? and Green Bay? "slackers"(my sister will kill me) and i will not even pick on baltimore....but since ya said (UGH)

ezrabrooks
02-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Point spread wagers were coming in 60% on Az....but the line moved from -6x to 7. Take from that what you may.

Ez

cj's dad
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Prediction FWIW- which is nada -

Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 13

Oh the pain !!

speldedo
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think the Steeler's offense will score that much. Hines Ward will be a non-factor. Look for Warner to have another good game. Arizona 24, Pittsburgh 17.

dylbert
02-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Cardinals win, from diehard Cowboys fan! Squeaksburg Peelers suck... Big Ben will crumble and Fitz will light up Steel Curtain. Is it kickoff time yet?

Does anyone remember that Pittsburgh Steelers were worst team in NFL history until they hired Chuck Noll in 1969. No playoff games in their entire league tenure. They voluntarily switched to AFC during NFL-AFL merger to escape much tougher NFC competition. Almost 40 years of futility, so there is hope for Detroit Lions -- in about 2035!

Pittsburgh Steelers all-time record: 520-488-20 (.516) -- 17th best all-time
Dallas Cowboys all-time record: 423-309-6 (.578) -- 3rd best all-time

Score Prediction: Cardinals 24, Steelers 14

BetHorses!
02-01-2009, 06:01 PM
31-28-2 season to date

Steeler -6.5
Over 46.5

Ok to be a sucker once a year :rolleyes:

Good Luck

dylbert
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
At least the Steelers didn't cover! :lol:

Jake
02-01-2009, 10:52 PM
What a great game, and halftime show with The Boss. Two years in a row, now. Really enjoyed seeing Broadway Joe Namath with the trophy walking through the Steeler players for the post game presentation. I may have to watch again next year....

NJ Stinks
02-02-2009, 01:14 AM
No way the best team won tonight....Warner must have forgotten Fitzgerald was there for 3 quarters:bang: ....Warner forgot to give thanks to the Lord afterwards - must be a message in there somewhere....If you had under, you have my sympathy....Penalties: Steelers 7 for 56 yards; Cardinals 11- for 106 yards :ThmbDown:

Valuist
02-02-2009, 08:01 AM
No way the best team won tonight....Warner must have forgotten Fitzgerald was there for 3 quarters:bang: ....Warner forgot to give thanks to the Lord afterwards - must be a message in there somewhere....If you had under, you have my sympathy....Penalties: Steelers 7 for 56 yards; Cardinals 11- for 106 yards :ThmbDown:

I was going to post very similar. Between the 10 to 14 point turnaround on the last play of the 1st half and the 106 penalty yards, the fact that the Cardinals had the lead with a minute and a half to play is amazing. You also can argue that Roethlisberger's pass to Holmes for the game winner was ill advised throwing into what amounted to triple coverage. But it was a great throw....and even better catch. Great game but a real tough one for Cardinals fans. If you bet the Cards and points you got your money but the moneyline players (supposedly LV got 8 times as much moneyline money on the Cards as did the Steelers) and under players had tough beats.

Marshall Bennett
02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
What a great game, and halftime show with The Boss.
I've never been a fan of the " Boss " . Would this really be considered a good performance ? I wasn't impressed .

pktruckdriver
02-02-2009, 10:16 AM

The streak is over, no cover on the spread,

The Boss did not impress me, though I like his music, the performance was not that good, my opinion.

Overall great game, very entertaining, Arizona, can hold their heads up high.

I just do not know why no all out blitz's on that last drive, all 4th quarter it worked with the blitzing, then the drive that really mattered they did not, why, please tell me why. Is this another big time coaches blunder, I think so.

Nice Job Kurt, Ben too

That's all

Patrick

NJ Stinks
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I just do not know why no all out blitz's on that last drive, all 4th quarter it worked with the blitzing, then the drive that really mattered they did not, why, please tell me why. Is this another big time coaches blunder, I think so.

Patrick

I wondered about it too, PK. Watching replays after the game it seemd like Arizona was rushing four guys (3 really fries me in a prevent) on Pittsburgh's last drive. But on the last two plays when it was first and second and goal, I think they finally did blitz.

The more I think about it though the more I think the Cards blew it by not throwing to Fitzgerald. Would Joe Montana & SF forget about Jerry Rice? Would the Cleveland Browns forget to hand the ball to Jim Brown? No attempt to use the best player on the field except as maybe a decoy for 3 quarters is just plain dumb.

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I thought Bossman put on a good show, but for one of those songs he sounded like he couldn't catch his breath...anyway, never was a big Springsteen fan, but I will say that The River was the first album I ever purchased with my own money...

pktruckdriver
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Springsteen is a superstar, no doubt, and deservedly so.

Last night's performance was an over 50 , out of shape, rock star , acting like he was 20 again, and it looked awful.

He should have walked around, and not even a riff or 2 of Born in the USA, it was the Superbowl.

His music will always be great, face it, he is too old to act like a kid anymore, and without the help of drugs, there is no need to run around on stage, come out, perform and take a break, his voice was the same, but he was gulping for air, like a fish out of water, poor man, and yet I still like him, always will.

Patrick

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
How funny is it that this poll is still open?

ralph_the_cat
02-02-2009, 09:20 PM
How funny is it that this poll is still open?

LOL< I know, I just voted 5 minutes ago...

BillW
02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
LOL< I know, I just voted 5 minutes ago...

Who did you vote for? :eek:

The Judge
02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
looked tried to me in the 4th quarter. That is all except Roethlisberger that guy had pressure and looked caught many times only to escape and complete a pass downfield. Arizona didn't play well enough to deserve to win a Super Bowl.

boomman
02-03-2009, 08:50 AM

Even though I got lucky by teasing Pitt down to pick'em to the under 53.5, I agree with you 100% that the Cardinals should have won the game. The Cardinals game plan was mind boggling (and Haley wants to be a head coach? I understand he's talking to my team: KC GRRRR) including not taking the ball to start the game which they had basically done with great success throuhout the year. As for the penalties, McCauley's crew did a GREAT job! Everytime I thought to myself "damn another penalty" (including the holding in the endzone for a safety on Pittsburgh) the replay clearly showed the infraction. And although getting challenges interpreted correctly "after further review" is hardly rocket science, McCauley is one of the very best in that dept too! As for the Cards, that drive of Pittsburgh when they had 3 personal fouls (the only "iffy" one being the roughing the QB penalty, but they did shove Big Ben down after the pass), that was INEXCUSABLE, along with running over the holder which gave Pitt a 1st and goal (which they didn't take advantage of) and failing to tackle Harrison on that interception return in which it looked like they had him pinned to the sideline 8 times! Arizona was definitely the better team, and only got beat because of the interception, but shot themselves in the foot with the stupid penalties and horrible game calling not getting Fitz involved until the 4th QTR. Fitz is IMHO the best receiver I have seen in 40 years of watching football!

Boomer

ldiatone
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
i agree FRitz is the bess WR in the league, but the best team wom the game cause they won the game. when the chips were down the DEF. didn't stop the OFF. last year NY won the same way. NE didn't stop NY in the last drive and the best team won. several bowls ago Rams could't stop NE and adam kicked a FG to win the game. and in the other bowl the Rams won, the def DID stop tenn to win the game. these were the 2 best teams because they won their playoffs game. in each bowl the winning team made the plays to win. as for flags, the "faboulous sports babe" would say "SCORE MORE POINTS" that goes for all sports.

I