PDA

View Full Version : New Tax Rules

JustRalph
01-29-2009, 12:48 AM
The "Rangel Rule"
Rep. John Carter, a Texas Republican, sent out a press release earlier today about his innovative new bill:

"Rangel Rule"

All U.S. taxpayers would enjoy the same immunity from IRS penalties and interest as House Ways and Means Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Obama Administration Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, if a bill introduced today by Congressman John Carter (R-TX) becomes law.

Carter, a former longtime Texas judge, today introduced the Rangel Rule Act of 2009, HR 735, which would prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from charging penalties and interest on back taxes against U.S. citizens. Under the proposed law, any taxpayer who wrote “Rangel Rule” on their return when paying back taxes would be immune from penalties and interest.

Lefty
01-29-2009, 12:51 AM
that's 2 dims that didn't pay taxes and when cght coughed up with no penalties. Wish I could get a deal like that. That's a 0% loan.

rrpic6
01-29-2009, 02:29 AM
that's 2 dims that didn't pay taxes and when cght coughed up with no penalties. Wish I could get a deal like that. That's a 0% loan.

Lefty:

That's because the IRS would rather focus on this Democrat (myself). Going on 10 years where they seem to bring up a case I eventually won. Its great how they can arbitrarily make a decision to decide that a 1040 is done wrongly, then try to throw on back taxes and penalties with no recourse.
Moral of story. It has nothing to do with being Democrat. It has everything to do with the IRS having no bounds of accountability.

RR

PS. Read up on the Barry Bonds case. The IRS is bullying Mr. Anderson and his Mother to testify.

Lefty
01-29-2009, 02:33 AM
rr, I do think it has to be a dem. Only an elected dem or appointed dem. Do you think a repub could get away with whar Rangel or Gethner is getting away with? Hell they crucify repubs for making innocent remarks at Birthday parties.

rrpic6
01-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Lefty:

If you can suspend your us (Republican) vs. them (Democrat) mentality for a few moments, maybe I can give you some food for thought. Your way of thinking works well in being a Limbaugh ditto head or perhaps an upper echelon manager in the U S Postal Service (example later on).

The case of Geithner is a classic case of the total dysfunctional and incompetent way the IRS operates. He owed back taxes for 4 or 5 years, yet was only audited for 2. He payed the other taxes on his own. The IRS did not even care. In my dealings with the IRS, they had trouble with simple math. They could not understand multiple W2-G Forms with identical winnings. I had two separate incidents in 1999 where I won over $600 on consolation pick 6 tickets multiple times. I'm trying to report more income, and they are ignoring it! It took close to six months of correspondence and copies of each form to finally get them to understand.

Most Government Agencies have equal dysfuction and imcompetency. The Veterans Administration and Social Security also come to mind. Try dealing with an elderly relative with dementia or Alzeimers Disease who needs help from these agencies. They won't even talk to you because they do not recognize "Power of Attorney". they want to speak only to the person involved, whether they have diminished mental capacity or not.

The U S Postal Service example to your way of thinking is this: The Midwest is hit hard by two Winter storms in the last two weeks. Roads and parking lots are basically impasseable. This of course is not helped by mass layoffs of road crews. Schools and Universities shut down. However the Post Office still is able to deliver most mail, but a lot of overtime is used to do it.
The upper echelon managers are now in a tirade over the overtime used. The Letter Carriers are blamed. Accused of taking advantage of the weather to make more money. Absurd way of thinking? Not really, if you believe its us vs. them in every circumstance.

RR

lsbets
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey rr - while you and I agree on very little politically, I've been meaning to tell you that I had my company switch to using the post office Priority Mail for all of our shipping. Fedex and UPS got way out of whack with their rates, and I have been pleasantly surprised with Priority Mail rates and service.

Lefty
01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
rr, This guy knew he was supposed to pay his taxes. Do you honestly think a Rpub would have been confirmed under the same circumstances?

ddog
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
they don't appear to be paying their way either...

the post office last I heard was projecting a 6Billion deficit this year.

mail volume has dropped due to tech improvements, their traditional funding model is broken , their retiree costs are soaring.

STOP them now close them down.

sell them off to fedex - ups - china - anyone , if someone privately funded can't do it then tough, I won't miss the junk mail at all.

lamboguy
01-29-2009, 01:27 PM
bush was no dummy, he hired 24 thousand extra IRS agents to make sure his friends don't get away without paying every dime they owe.

Tom
01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Do you ever get tired of lying through your teeth?

rrpic6
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey rr - while you and I agree on very little politically, I've been meaning to tell you that I had my company switch to using the post office Priority Mail for all of our shipping. Fedex and UPS got way out of whack with their rates, and I have been pleasantly surprised with Priority Mail rates and service.

lsbets:

Thanks for the free advertising. God knows the USPS can use it. Our Customer Connect Program is pretty lame as far as getting customers info about savings due to switching delivery companies. Your post probably would generate more business than I can drum up quarterly.

RR