PDA

View Full Version : One Powerful Ad

bigmack
01-28-2009, 10:19 PM
If I were still in the ad game the person who came up with this would be my creative director for life.

V2CaBR3z85c

Tom
01-29-2009, 05:28 PM
It's making me re-think my stance on abortion! :eek::lol:

ArlJim78
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
i would agree, a very powerful presentation. especially considering Obama wasn't even interested in assisting botched late term abortions.

the attitude is, let em' die, thats what the mother wanted.

ddog
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
nah, the real attitude is we don't care as long as we have a moral high ground to look down on those not of our advanced moral abilities.

I could see a deal though , if you want to ban advertising I would go for banning abortions.

At least the dead don't have to put up with the dungheaps spewed out of that whore of an industry.

They will lead more to damnation than all the abortions ever performed in this country.

bigmack
01-29-2009, 06:01 PM
At least the dead don't have to put up with the dungheaps spewed out of that whore of an industry.

They will lead more to damnation than all the abortions ever performed in this country.
Well done. You really went deep for that one.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/nose_picking.jpg

Tom
01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
God, Mack, you got me with that one! :eek:

bigmack
01-29-2009, 06:07 PM
God, Mack, you got me with that one! :eek:
It's the only place I could figure this guy gets his kooky notions.

Suff
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Obama's mother did have an abortion. She aborted a child when Barack Obama was just an infant. She saw that the father had already abandoned Barack, and she made a very difficult decision to have an abortion.

Its likely that Barack Obama would not be the first African American President if not for legal Abortion.

While thinking, what is about this issue makes some so blind?

Just like war, and being anti-war, abortion and being anti-abortion makes complete sense. No one wants war and no one wants abortion.

These are choices. You make abortion illegal and planned parenthood starts "Air Abortion" and flies any women who want abortion to the countries that allow them. Meanwhile thousands of back alley abortions are performed in the United States.

Or you can keep abortion legal and women have access to healthy procedures.

Either way....Nothing you do will stop abortions. Can you see how that statement is true?

So ultimately it comes down to this. Being anti-choice is not for the unborn, and is not a moral position. Its a selfish position designed to make you feel good about you. Its not about God, or Kids, or Life or Morality.

Its about you. You want to feel moral, you want to feel christian. so you babble on with anti choice rhetoric.

If you were really pro-life you would be volunteering at a woman's homeless shelter preventing women from engaging in prostituting for money.

You will save 10 abortions that way. The way you do it now saves nothing. You do nothing with this video.

Catholicvoters.com did the ad? Catholic voters are overwhelming democrat and voted for Obama 53% to 42%.

LottaKash
01-29-2009, 07:42 PM
According to some surveys 75% of women who had abortions, said they "Deeply Regretted" doing so.....I wonder why?......

best,

Dahoss9698
01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Hoping one of you guys could step off your soap box for a second and answer a question. This is a completely hypothetical situation, but say one of your daughters, nieces, granddaughters, whatever were raped by someone. And they got pregnant. You want them carrying that baby, giving birth to that baby? You wouldn't respect their wishes if they wanted to get an abortion?

bigmack
01-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Hoping one of you guys could step off your soap box for a second and answer a question. This is a completely hypothetical situation, but say one of your daughters, nieces, granddaughters, whatever were raped by someone. And they got pregnant. You want them carrying that baby, giving birth to that baby? You wouldn't respect their wishes if they wanted to get an abortion?
Rats, I aways miss the good stuff. Could'ya point me to where the soapbox is, I missed it.

Dahoss9698
01-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Rats, I aways miss the good stuff. Could'ya point me to where the soapbox is, I missed it.

I didn't expect an answer. That might actually force someone to think a little.

MikeH
01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
BigMack-

How did you embed this?... I'd like to forward this to some people I know...

Thanks.

2low
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM

The problem most anti-abortion people have is when abortion is thought of as a form of standard birth control.

The scenario you paint, while the one used in close to 100% of pro-abortion arguments, is probably somewhere around .0004% of real life unwanted pregnancies.

The real question is "suppose your niece volunteers as the team's slump buster...".

Dahoss9698
01-29-2009, 11:02 PM
The problem most anti-abortion people have is when abortion is thought of as a form of standard birth control.

The scenario you paint, while the one used in close to 100% of pro-abortion arguments, is probably somewhere around .0004% of real life unwanted pregnancies.

The real question is "suppose your niece is the team's slump buster...".

I would venture a guess that most pro-abortion people have the same concerns as those anti-abortion folks. Now, it's just a guess, but something I've noticed when having discussions about the topic. But, to outlaw it all together would allow for the situation I presented. I don't care what the percentage is, I find it hard to believe someone against it, would still be adament about how wrong they think it is, if the situation was happening in their house. Would you?

2low
01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
I would venture a guess that most pro-abortion people have the same concerns as those anti-abortion folks. Now, it's just a guess, but something I've noticed when having discussions about the topic. But, to outlaw it all together would allow for the situation I presented. I don't care what the percentage is, I find it hard to believe someone against it, would still be adament about how wrong they think it is, if the situation was happening in their house. Would you?

Most anti-abortion folks I've heard an opinion from give allowances that there may be exceptions for certain cases. Not all. I will say, those that say never never never have moral/religious reasons and I won't hold that against them.

Me, I don't vote the issue at all, though if I had to decide, I'd say the "choice" was to get yourself into that situation on purpose.

As for your scenario, rare as it may be, I wouldn't fault somebody either way.

LottaKash
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Isn't it funny how Godless this nation has become, when we try to glorify our own will over the will of god, by trying to rationalize murder......Yuck......

It is it any wonder that this nation is suffering in more ways than one....

God's word is pretty clear about how he feels about nations that have stopped living according to His will and His righteous rules for civilized living....

Abortion is uncivilized.....What if this nation was still 100years ago, and we had heard tell of an undeveloped nation that murdered their young to the tune of millions a year, how would we as a God loving and fearing nation, feel about that nation and those atrocities ?.....They once were considered abominations and now lookie here folks.....America is becoming an abomination to God....

Dahoss9698
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Isn't it funny how Godless this nation has become, when we try to glorify our own will over the will of god, by trying to rationalize murder......Yuck......

It is it any wonder that this nation is suffering in more ways than one....

God's word is pretty clear about how he feels about nations that have stopped living according to His will and His righteous rules for civilized living....

Abortion is uncivilized.....What if this nation was still 100years ago, and we had heard tell of an undeveloped nation that murdered their young to the tune of millions a year, how would we as a God loving and fearing nation, feel about that nation and those atrocities ?.....They once were considered abominations and now lookie here folks.....America is becoming an abomination to God....

Still wondering where the soapbox is Bigmack?

LottaKash, you do realize that not everyone is religious right? That our whole nation isn't "God loving and fearing"? That we all don't live by God's word?

LottaKash
01-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Still wondering where the soapbox is Bigmack?

LottaKash, you do realize that not everyone is religious right? That our whole nation isn't "God loving and fearing"? That we all don't live by God's word?

Yes, and Americans, isn't it a pity ?.....:confused:

best,

Dahoss9698
01-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, and Americans, isn't it a pity ?.....:confused:

best,

How does God feel about pedophiles? Is molesting children civilized?

LottaKash
01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
How does God feel about pedophiles? Is molesting children civilized?

Great question, DaH, God is very clear about such things....In Deuteronomy, it is spelled out......ALL Murderers, Rapists, and Child Molesters, are to be killed so that their Spiritual Bodies will be sent to the God for immediate JUDGEM
ENT......

So, the same bleeding heart liberals that think abortion is not murder, allow, murderers, rapists and pedophiles to be treated lightly, and often times released back into our midst to repeat their dastardly deeds once more....Go figure ?

A certain religious sect, purporting to uphold the commandements and words of God, allows their ordained representatives, guilty of pedophelia, to be shuttled away to another venue, and allowed to continue ministering despite committing sins that are a total abomination to God...Go figure ?..nice church

Many so called religions saying that they come in the name of Jesus, would have you believe that their traditions and rituals are equal to or higher than the words and laws of God......Perhaps this is why there are so many people who remain skeptical and cynical, and keep God and certiain religions at arms lenghth, as Man, as corrruptible as he is, is still trying to do things his own way, as he twists and distorts the truth of God's word, and lives not in the way that God had intended us to live .......Religion in the world is upside down these days, due to man's arrogance.......The bible is very clear about this.....Jesus, said; "do not be deceived, that many will come in my name,,,,but I never knew them" (not the exact quote, but the message is clear)...

There are many religious denominations, and sects that claim to believe in the True Words of God, but deceive many by introducing many rules, laws and rituals, that must be done or adhered to or accomplished to have any shot at redemption of the soul.....And these religions would hold people in bondage spiritually or financially to further advance their so called cause of worship....... For Me Being a Christian, is to live by God's Words Alone (not man's) and it is a "Living Reality", and not living with or by some hoax or cultish sheme to fill the coffers of a church or to elevate men to a more elegant and godly status.....Man is so full of B.S. when it comes to his interpretation of what God would have us do or believe in.....Twisted Truths and Half Lies....

best,

Dahoss9698
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
:lol:

LottaKash
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
:lol:

Yeah Funny.......That this nation has slipped into the toilet, and people are clueless why.......God help us...

best,

Dahoss9698
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah Funny.......That this nation has slipped into the toilet, and people are clueless why.......God help us...

best,

The country slipped into the toilet while a super religious President was in office. Why didn't God help?

hcap
01-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Great question, DaH, God is very clear about such things....In Deuteronomy, it is spelled out......ALL Murderers, Rapists, and Child Molesters, are to be killed so that their Spiritual Bodies will be sent to the God for immediate JUDGEM

Ok, LottaKash.........

And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

Why the firstborn. I'm sure some were infants
Cattle?

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

Suckling infant?
Ox and sheep, camel and ass??

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 04:57 AM
The country slipped into the toilet while a super religious President was in office. Why didn't God help?Obama seems more religious than Bush. What do we do now?

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
The country slipped into the toilet while a super religious President was in office. Why didn't God help?

He did. He put dems in full control.
That will kill them for at least 100 years.:lol:

Noting speaks louder than failure. And total failure is coming....success is not an option.

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Obama seems more religious than Bush. What do we do now?

He does? I disagree, but either way I'm not the one saying this country is going down the toilet because we have become godless. LottaKash was, so ask him. But, if Obama truly is more religious, I would think you guys would like him more, no?

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Noting speaks louder than failure.

It took a long time but I finally agree with something you've said. You're right, nothing does speak louder than failure, which is exactly why the country voted to get your party the hell out of office. because, as you say, nothing speaks louder than failure...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 12:02 PM
He does? I disagree, but either way I'm not the one saying this country is going down the toilet because we have become godless. LottaKash was, so ask him. But, if Obama truly is more religious, I would think you guys would like him more, no?Why? I'm not a terribly religious person at the moment. Why would that affect me one way or the other?

What does affect me is how Bush was accused of trying to create a theocracy whenever he mentioned his faith or religion, or that one instance when he was accused of saying God told him to invade Iraq or whatever nonsense was reported.

Obama, on the other hand, can talk about faith and religion and having his faith guide his PUBLIC POLICY, and the mainstream media and those on the left have ZERO problem with all this talk of faith and religion from THIS particular CIC.

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Why? I'm not a terribly religious person at the moment. Why would that affect me one way or the other?

What does affect me is how Bush was accused of trying to create a theocracy whenever he mentioned his faith or religion, or that one instance when he was accused of saying God told him to invade Iraq or whatever nonsense was reported.

Obama, on the other hand, can talk about faith and religion and having his faith guide his PUBLIC POLICY, and the mainstream media and those on the left have ZERO problem with all this talk of faith and religion from THIS particular CIC.

It might not affect you per se, but it's hard to deny that religion has a huge impact on some people's beliefs and voting decisions. Could you imagine an agnostic or atheist candidate running? How many votes would he/she get?

I also find it a bit amusing that you are affected by people thinking Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, yet have no problem with the false reporting of Obama being a Muslim. You had no problem with Tom calling Obama, Osama and also had no issue with his psychotic (to put it mildly) ramblings about how Obama might have been sending messages to Iran in his Inaguration Speech. None of that affected you I guess, interesting.

Honestly, this has gone way off topic and as a non religious person have no desire to discuss religion. I just found it odd that LottaKash claims this country has gone to crap because we have become Godless. That's why I responded to him.

LottaKash
01-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I just found it odd that LottaKash claims this country has gone to crap because we have become Godless. That's why I responded to him.

To Dahoss and others...With all due respect, I respect your desire to not believe that their is no Higher Power that is higher than man himself......That is why I am at a dead-end as to how to respond to anyone who maintains that point of view.....That is precisely, what I had alluded to formerly, you are "clueless", and I sincerely don't mean that in any derogatory sense, but only in that you are ignorant of what is true and inevitable as it is written, and believed by me.....

Children murdering other children in our schools...This never happened before prayer was taken out of the classroom.....The newer generations coming up, literally have no serious religious foundatiion of any consequence, and they are the "new clueless one"....And I don't know about any of you, but in recent times, thru my now 16 yr old grandson, I have some discovered some startling and disturbing facts about the mindset of our youth today.......It is scary to me, that these babes will be in positions of authority soon enough......And they are clueless....

Our Government & military leaders and Bankers and Realtors, real "Honest John's" these days, they are clueless as well....

Even the majority of Christian preachers are clueless, begging for money and hyping you with "feeling good all the time".......they don't teach the Word of God, as they are clueless in it and are reallly unaware of God's real plan for us and our future......

And the World, totally clueless and out of control... Useless, unecessary & unlawful wars abound......and slavery is making a giant comeback in Africa....And Muslims willing to kill you or any of their family members for rejecting the faith......all clueless......

As for Bush, sure he went to church, so ?.....he is, and the make believe christians playing church are clueless, and give true Chiristians, "LIVING" in God's word, a very bad name and reputation.....

People are being humiliated publicly for their beliefs now....There was a time when the people feared and respected God's word....not so today, as there are more clueless ones taking them to task, than ever before.......

You don't believe that ?....Just look at the state of the union, do you honestly believe that we are in great shape, in any departiment of our lives, government, and economy ? Since becoming a clueless nation, we are now heading for self destruction.....This is not my Grandfathers America any longer, back then we had a conscience and a fear of God.....This is no longer the case......Abortion (as murder) is now a "Right", ha.........Clueless thinking

Since taking God out of our hearts and public lives and schools, I believe God has changed his mind about how he once blessed this great nation....It is written how God deals with Godless nations,,,,,,As he blesses believers and nations, he also curses and invokes his wrath upon non believers unwilling to do things his way, by living in his Word........Now we will begin to see what lies ahead for us, as this only the beginning.......

Laugh at me, or my God if you will, but, maybe you can do yourself a favor, and maybe get a "clue" first.........

best,

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't mean this in any derogatory sense, but you sound kind of clueless. I'm glad that it makes you feel better to try and justify things in any way you see fit. We all do what we have to do.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
I also find it a bit amusing that you are affected by people thinking Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, yet have no problem with the false reporting of Obama being a Muslim. You had no problem with Tom calling Obama, Osama and also had no issue with his psychotic (to put it mildly) ramblings about how Obama might have been sending messages to Iran in his Inaguration Speech. None of that affected you I guess, interesting. I told you, it was the duplicity of the situation that bothered me. Different treatment for essentially the same kind of speech.

It's ok that Obama is religious, but it wasn't ok that Bush was religious. Religious Republicans are dangerous somehow, but religious Democrats are not.

As for Tom calling Obama Osama, Ted Kennedy himself called Obama Osama. If Ted Kennedy can do it, anyone can in my book.

What would you like me to do, squelch every little bit of speech you disagree with? Shall I silence Tom but let others ramble on about how Republicans have killed the world?

Seriously, how is Tom any worse than any of the other loud mouths on off-topic?

I never silenced those who blame Bush and the Republicans for everything, however misguided I think they may be...so why should I honor your request and become concerned that Tom thinks Obama might have been sending messages to Iran in his speech? And I don't even recall reading such a post from Tom, so I guess I have to go and find it...I'm sure after reading it, I will realize it to be some sort of off-the-wall humor that Tom is prone to writing on here...some people take him way too seriously.

LottaKash
01-31-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't mean this in any derogatory sense, but you sound kind of clueless. I'm glad that it makes you feel better to try and justify things in any way you see fit. We all do what we have to do.

Or perhaps some don't do what they should be doing.....I really am ok with that..

If you knew me in a former time, perhaps you would see how clueless I really was.....Not anymore.....

I mean only good things here, as well.....

best,

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
I told you, it was the duplicity of the situation that bothered me. Different treatment for essentially the same kind of speech.

It's ok that Obama is religious, but it wasn't ok that Bush was religious. Religious Republicans are dangerous somehow, but religious Democrats are not.

As for Tom calling Obama Osama, Ted Kennedy himself called Obama Osama. If Ted Kennedy can do it, anyone can in my book.

What would you like me to do, squelch every little bit of speech you disagree with? Shall I silence Tom but let others ramble on about how Republicans have killed the world?

Seriously, how is Tom any worse than any of the other loud mouths on off-topic?

I never silenced those who blame Bush and the Republicans for everything, however misguided I think they may be...so why should I honor your request and become concerned that Tom thinks Obama might have been sending messages to Iran in his speech? And I don't even recall reading such a post from Tom, so I guess I have to go and find it...I'm sure after reading it, I will realize it to be some sort of off-the-wall humor that Tom is prone to writing on here...some people take him way too seriously.

Who's asking you to squelch every bit of speech I disagree with? There would be like 3 threads in this room then. I never did. And i never asked you to silence anyone. You're being a bit dramatic. I could care less if you are concerned what Tom says. i was just pointing out it's different treatment for essentially the same kind of speech. But your spin on his Iran stuff without even reading it sort of shows what I'm talking about.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
You actually believe that Tom thinks Obama was sending hidden (or maybe not so hidden) messages to Iran in his Inaugural address?

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
The spin is amazing. It truly is.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
What spin? And can you link me to Tom's post so I can actually read it?

If Tom really believes Obama was sending Iran hidden messages, he's crazier than even I ever imagined. :lol:

Then again, I've always pictured Tom as the comedian of off-topic. If you wish to take him seriously, that's your prerogative.

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 09:15 PM

If Tom really believes Obama was sending Iran hidden messages, he's crazier than even I ever imagined. :lol:

Then again, I've always pictured Tom as the comedian of off-topic. If you wish to take him seriously, that's your prerogative.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54363&page=1&pp=15

It's a few posts under where Obama is accused of "bragging" about his Muslim relatives and where tom questioned if Obama could be trusted, seeing as how he is a disgrace according to the comedian.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I find the follow-up replies to Tom more unnecessary than Tom's comments themselves. Why resort to calling Tom names? I don't get that. Yes, Tom calls people names as well, and I don't get that either.

Doesn't anyone want to step it up a notch or two on the intellectual scale?

So what if Tom postulates that Obama may have been hinting this or that to either our ally Israel or our enemy, Iran? Obama was certainly trying to get some sort of point across to the international community.

But, keep harping on Tom...at least we have gotten completely off the subject of this thread, which is par for the course.

Dahoss9698
01-31-2009, 10:08 PM

I find the follow-up replies to Tom more unnecessary than Tom's comments themselves. Why resort to calling Tom names? I don't get that. Yes, Tom calls people names as well, and I don't get that either.

Doesn't anyone want to step it up a notch or two on the intellectual scale?

So what if Tom postulates that Obama may have been hinting this or that to either our ally Israel or our enemy, Iran? Obama was certainly trying to get some sort of point across to the international community.

But, keep harping on Tom...at least we have gotten completely off the subject of this thread, which is par for the course.

yeah, you're right, what spin? Tom makes idiotic statements, but so what (quite a change of heart you had). I call him on it and I'm harping. Take a look at who brought this off topic.

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
You actually believe that Tom thinks Obama was sending hidden (or maybe not so hidden) messages to Iran in his Inaugural address?

I think he does! :lol::lol::lol:

Dahoss = a fiddle, to be palyed

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
yeah, you're right, what spin? Tom makes idiotic statements, but so what (quite a change of heart you had). I call him on it and I'm harping. Take a look at who brought this off topic.You didn't call him on it...you called him names.

Like I posted elsewhere, I don't care if you're far left, far right or in the middle, if I don't think a post meets the TOS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/TOS_PrivacyStatement.html)of this board, it's simply going to be deleted from now on. No questions asked, no careful editing on my part...it's just going to simply disappear.

This has gotten way out of hand, and I don't have all the time in the world to babysit (and neither does BillW).

Dahoss9698
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
You didn't call him on it...you called him names.

Like I posted elsewhere, I don't care if you're far left, far right or in the middle, if I don't think a post meets the TOS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/TOS_PrivacyStatement.html)of this board, it's simply going to be deleted from now on. No questions asked, no careful editing on my part...it's just going to simply disappear.

This has gotten way out of hand, and I don't have all the time in the world to babysit (and neither does BillW).

No, I actually didn't call him any names. I had an opinion on his mental state, based on something he wrote.

This is someone calling someone a name...

Dahoss = a fiddle, to be palyed

But thanks for the warning.

Tom
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Actually, it not calling a name, just telling you how easy it has been to pull your strings, push your buttons..... play you like a fiddle, ever heard that phrase?
I made you dance, you got mad. Get over it.

Dahoss9698
02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Actually, it not calling a name, just telling you how easy it has been to pull your strings, push your buttons..... play you like a fiddle, ever heard that phrase?
I made you dance, you got mad. Get over it.

I'll get over it when you get over losing the election, deal?

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
It's unreal how another thread has gone way off the tracks.

For the record, I thought it was an excellent ad. It made its point in a powerful manner. What else could one ask?