PDA

View Full Version : Don't Do Business with Chase

furlong21
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I strongly recommend having no affiliation with Chase.

I will spare the long and sorted details. However, in summary, on 10/20/08 I deposited some $ in my ADW account with CDI. Approximately one month later, Chase unilaterally reversed the transaction. As a result, CDI looked notified me. Upon advising Chase of the problem they committed to fixing it, but took three months and numerous hours of my time hounding them to fix it. Not to mention the absolutly horrible service that I received.

Anyway, I have closed my account with Chase and obtained a credit card from a different bank. I have done so even at less favorable terms than with Chase; although it does not matter b/c I don't carry a balance.

Finally, I must say that CDI was tremendous throughout this otherwise painful experience and provided excellent customer service.

michiken
01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
See my previous post about the POS Chase Bank (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52591)

ddog
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
no love in for the chase from me, but the banks get tortured over this stuff.

the feds are all over em so much that they don't if they should crap or go blind half the time.

Zman179
01-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Chase is a scumbag bank which despises small account holders.

Case in point: one day I walk into a Chase bank attempting to open a checking account. I have a passport, drivers license and photo ID from my employer...the City of New York. The bank manager says, "Sorry, but you don't have enough ID to open an account...but, if you have $3,000, we'll be happy to open an account for you." In other words, "f*ck off."

I then walked to Manufacturers Hanover and opened an account. Man, I loved that bank! Manny Hanny wound up being bought out by Chemical Bank...which in turn wound up being bought by Chase. :lol:

Needless to say that when I found out that was happening, I closed my account tout de suite. But I would much rather open an account with Chase than do business with Bank of America. They are the worst bank ever.

rrpic6
01-29-2009, 02:15 AM
About 2 weeks ago, I used my Chase card to put in $250 in my Xpressbet Account. Its the first time I had ever done that, as I usually use Twinspires EZ deposit from my checking account. Yesterday I get a notice in the mail that my interest rate will go up by 6% in March! Is this a coincidence....or legal?

RR

Robert Fischer
01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
yea these banks all stink when it comes to any type of problem solving.

you can either :mad: or :D

trigger
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Why use a credit card to make ADW deposits----do the bank transfer thing from your account to the ADW. Most ADWs(Twinspires does) offer this service and most charge a minimal amount (if anything)

green80
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
I 2nd the motion, let's all bar Chase.

gopony
01-29-2009, 10:02 PM
About 2 weeks ago, I used my Chase card to put in $250 in my Xpressbet Account. Its the first time I had ever done that, as I usually use Twinspires EZ deposit from my checking account. Yesterday I get a notice in the mail that my interest rate will go up by 6% in March! Is this a coincidence....or legal?

RR

Yeah, it's perfectly legal. I got a notice from them also. I think it's coincidence. On mine they also gave me the option of closing the account and staying at the same rate.
Closed it.

JustRalph
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
In the interest of fairness......

I have a Chase account and they treat me pretty well.

I don't carry a balance, and get a great rate. Never a problem and there online site works great for making a payment...............

traveler
01-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Just another slant on this. In general your credit card rates/terms etc. can be changed whenever the issuer wants. Why - because Congress has allowed this to happen. I believe there is pending legislation to stop some of these practices. A bank and a retailer just modified my terms - my credit score is over 800, so it happens to everyone. Also, my wife works for a major bank, i was in banking for almost 30 years. In many cases the managers can't even waive an overdraft charge if they want too and have no lending authority. When customers come in and rant at tellers and staff, they many times have no control over what has occured and probably hate the place they work at as much you.

rrpic6
01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
In the interest of fairness......

I have a Chase account and they treat me pretty well.

I don't carry a balance, and get a great rate. Never a problem and there online site works great for making a payment...............

I had an E-Trade Visa with no balance. A few months ago, I get a notice that my card is now cancelled. I think the limit was about $7000. Closing an account affects your credit score negatively...as well as having $7K less in the percentage of remaining credit. So my credit score drops about 20 points due to this. Chase sees this and takes advantage by increasing my interest rate.

These guys are good! So glad we keep bailing them out with billions more.

RR

slew101
01-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I think you're being too kind. I can't stand them either.

Last year they revoked my home equity line right after I started using it for the first time in five years to fund a rental property investment. Needless to say, it hurt my finances because we had to scramble to get other funds for the investment which was under way. They only pulled the line once I started using it, claiming home values had dropped to far in my state. That might be true, but why not revoke it before I start using it? Oh, because I pay a yearly fee for having the account.

They are scum.

[QUOTE=Zman179]Chase is a scumbag bank which despises small account holders.

samyn on the green
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Chase sucks. These scumbag mega banks(chase,citi,B Of A ETC ETC) would all be shutdown as they have lost hundreds of billions of dollars on their scumbags deals. The only reason they are still kicking is that your politicians kicked in billions of taxpayer money to keep them alive. Now we are all on the hook for trillions in debt and the smart smaller banks get the shaft. Looks like big government Obama is going to be just as dumb as Bush and put us down for another trillion in debt to float the banks even more. In light of all this I bank at a small local bank which treats me fairly and is not a taxpayer parasite.

lamboguy
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
i have a chase credit card, i just got a cash advance for my credit line @ 0% interest. i had to cough up $195 for the right to have this cash for a year.

it was worth doing, i will get alot more interest than the $195........after the year "the chase" might be on

LottaKash
02-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Banks and their bankster bosses, are just like the lawyers, unfortunate necesary evils......they create the rules of the game, then use them to either hang you or fleece you with them.....:eek:

furlong21
02-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Funny thing is I am a lawyer.

JustRalph
02-28-2009, 04:01 PM

my apologies to your parents :lol:

OSU or Capital?

Overlay
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I will spare the long and sorted details.

When you write your next brief, that's "sordid". (If you hadn't mentioned that you were a lawyer, I wouldn't have brought it up.) :)

Dave Schwartz
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM

That's okay... Some of my best friends are lawyers.

Really. :lol:

Dave

furlong21
03-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Capital.

Big Bill
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
furlong21,

Noticed that JustRalph asked if you went to Cap or OSU, and you answered Cap. My daughter graduated from Cap in '85. I graduated from OSU in '61.

Do you still live in Columbus?

Big Bill

overthehill
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
I have several chase cards and one story. on one of the cards I got a bill with like a week to pay and the payment was due on christmas day. I called them up and said how could you possibly have a due date on 12/25 the post office doesnt deliver that day. he said well we are open that day so i paid the bill right away.

with regard to your rate shooting up i read an article that said that they examine where you shop and what you use the card for and that changing your shopping practices might trigger an increase in the rate.

I dont intentionally carry any interest bearing balances so i dont particularly care about the rate, but the latest scam i heard is that the banks suddenly slash your credit line and you only find out about when you try to make a purchase. then they try to hit you up for over the line fees.