PDA

View Full Version : 5 states and 2% of America is Republican.

Suff
01-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Gallop released a stunning poll today. Only five states identify as Republican majority. These five states represent 2% of America's population.

In sports they'd be calling the slaughter rule about now.

All told, 29 states and the District of Columbia had Democratic party affiliation advantages of 10 points or greater last year. This includes all of the states in the Northeast, and all but Indiana in the Great Lakes region. There are even several Southern states in this grouping, including

What does that leave our Republican friends?

In contrast, only five states had solid or leaning Republican orientations in 2008, with Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and Alaska in the former group, and Nebraska in the latter.

That's right: just five states, collectively containing about 2 percent of the American population, have statistically significant pluralities of adults identifying themselves as Republicans. These are the "Mormon Belt" states of Utah, Idaho and Wyoming, plus Nebraska, plus Alaska. By contrast, 35 states are plurality Democratic, and 10 states are too close to call.

There's a poll over at DailyKos
to vote for the Reddest States and a couple of things I found funny about the poll was "what's the reddest state by your reckoning". :D

And a comment I thought was funny was, "The Bush Legacy" (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/1/28/143855/827/482/690055)

lamboguy
01-28-2009, 04:21 PM
are you nuts? don't you see what he did in africa? he gave away hundreds of million's to them. that my friend is his legacy and now you have obama trying to give them more!

ddog
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
spend a lot of time in Nebraska, great state mostly great people.

The labels are nothing, they are toast, don't mean anything anymore other than to the hard core of each fringe.

party line is just a substitute for thinking.

Lefty
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Come under the heading of it doesn't matter. When the public catches on to the fact that Obama just another run of the mill tax and spend Dim, R's will be elected again. Politics is always in Flux.
Enjoy the win you have now, while you can.

ddog
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Come under the heading of it doesn't matter. When the public catches on to the fact that Obama just another run of the mill tax and spend Dim, R's will be elected again. Politics is always in Flux.
Enjoy the win you have now, while you can.

uh , have not seen any bull moose around for a while.
parties can "just fade away".

Lefty
01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
It wasn't long ago it was Dims in trouble and now it's said repubs in trouble. There is constant flux. So don't mess yourself with glee just yet.

Floyd
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
spend a lot of time in Nebraska, great state mostly great people.

I Hate To Wake Up Sober In Nebraska. (http://www.rhapsody.com/free-hot-lunch)

The labels are nothing, they are toast, don't mean anything anymore other than to the hard core of each fringe.
party line is just a substitute for thinking.

Exactly.

kenwoodallpromos
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
So how many Demos cross party lines to vote for all the Rep Govs? (Like my Ca).

delayjf
01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
And how do you reconcile your map with the fact that @48% of the electorate voted for McCain??

JustRalph
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
And how do you reconcile your map with the fact that @48% of the electorate voted for McCain??

you can't..........I heard on the radio yesterday that some of the numbers are coming up in McCain's favor after all absentee ballots etc are being added to the mix now. Nothing near what Obama got........but an interesting fact anyway.

ddog
01-29-2009, 04:19 PM
It wasn't long ago it was Dims in trouble and now it's said repubs in trouble. There is constant flux. So don't mess yourself with glee just yet.

if I live to see it , my glee will be when both of the traitor parties are in the trash heap and carry no more force than a nasty fart in a hurricane.

rastajenk
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Replaced by...?

Tom
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I am now sure that at least one other person than Chris Mathews has a tingly leg.

Suff must have gotten his stimulus bottle. Couple shots of courage and bingo! We get to watch him pound his chest again. Old story........same old story.

Fred
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
There are some (now I am afraid too many) who are more infatuated with their concern for their party being in power than their concern for their fellow American and our great country. And that is not only sad but is also exactly what the people who want to bring us down are counting on.

Freddy

Suff
01-29-2009, 07:55 PM

The numbers represent a plurality of residents in each state that currently identify with the Democrats, or with the Republicans.

This poll is from gallop, it involved 350,000 individual interviews. And despite what the knucklehead said about the numbers not reconciling.....The numbers are dead on accurate, the numbers are current, the numbers are telling and the the numbers are meaningful.

I provide you a link to the pol (http://www.gallup.com/poll/114016/State-States-Political-Party-Affiliation.aspx)l right here.

It breaks down this way. Only five states, whose combined population equals 2% of America have a plurality of Republican residents. That is the factual results of this poll. And what I see is that America has moved strongly Democrat. And most sensible people reach the same conclusion.

I love to see Ralph try and insist the race was close. first of all, Ralph was not a McCain man, he by his own admission is a Dick Cheney supporter.

And had Dick Cheney ran for election he would have got single digits. So your main Republican booster on Paceadvantage is actually aligned with less than 10% of America. folks like Dick Cheney and justralph give people the creeps.

but specifically to to your point. the percentage's were actually

Obama 53%
McCain 46%

And in the popular vote is was Obama by nearly 10 million;

56 Million to 47 Million

and in the electoral college.....where it really counts and shows the voters intent it was a blood bath.

Obama 365 Electoral votes
McCain 173 Electoral Votes.

So forget the 5 states and 2%, that's just a massaging of the numbers.

The real numbers are very ugly for republicans...and remember you nominated a MODERATE!!!

If you nominated a southern conservative imagine how ugly it would be.

I realize there are good guys here on Pace advantage, good conservative republican guys, I know in America most republicans have good intentions and the country is their number one concern.

I don't concern myself with those guys. I concern myself with Guys like Boxcar, ralph, lefty, horsefan and many others.

These guys are not in the 46% that supported McCain. These guys are fascists, racist, sadists, and pose a real threat to humanity. They are not Americans in the way you and I think and hope. 100's of million of people die when these guys get the keys to the city.

rastajenk
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
If I was a moderator, your ass would be out of here in an instant. I wouldn't give you the benefit of the doubt if you are intentionally being over the top for entertainment purposes only. Calling someone racist in a forum like this without any evidence whatsoever is unpardonable, in my humble yet unimpeachable opinion.

lsbets
01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't sweat Suff rastajenk. He needs to puff up with a little bravado on the net every now and then to make up for his off line shortcomings. It helps him feel better about himself.

Lefty
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Suff, I have great concern for my country, that's why I feel so distressed now. And big fella, if you think I'm a racist I invite you to come and look at my neighborhood. Then you can apologize.

Suff
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
If I was a moderator, your ass would be out of here in an instant. I wouldn't give you the benefit of the doubt if you are intentionally being over the top for entertainment purposes only. Calling someone racist in a forum like this without any evidence whatsoever is unpardonable, in my humble yet unimpeachable opinion.

Really? I have all kinds of evidence these guys are racists. I could and perhaps I will go gather a little and build a pile for you.

I can call you a demagogue, a homophobic, I can call you whatever I perceive you to be.

first of all, everyone is a racist. You , me, the guy across the street. there once was a pure human being that walked the earth. perhaps you heard of him, went by the name of Jesus Christ.

The rest of us are constantly trying to leave our fears, stereotypes , preferences and bias's at the end of prayers.

So your "outrage' would get rolling eyes in my world. People I know, black and white work hard to be a fair person. And if I was a moderator I'd give you a warning for trying to make pretend that you don't know this.

I live in the real world. Have you seen race relations in Southern states? They are in dire straits. And that is not make pretend.

Suff
01-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Suff

, I have great concern for my country, that's why I feel so distressed now. And big fella, if you think I'm a racist I invite you to come and look at my neighborhood. Then you can apologize.

I threw you in there because i couldn't think of any right wing whack jobs at the moment and your name jumped up. I probably wouldn't have lumped you in had a I thought about it another minute.

Lefty
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't believe the other guys are racists either. I would like to see your evidence because I don't believe there is any.

Suff
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Don't sweat Suff rastajenk. He needs to puff up with a little bravado on the net every now and then to make up for his off line shortcomings. It helps him feel better about himself.

As human beings go, using today's accepted barometers, your no doubt a much better person than I. I admire you and you have much to be proud of.

My shortcomings are so many, and so embedded in my personality that only God has corralled them in. I just post on PA because it entertains me and I think its fun.

Tough guys are guys that love their family, are generous to their community, and are responsible to their lives. Under those guidelines I am as tough as you. Shit-ass talk on PA or in life is not tough so stop with the theme please. pick another highway

JustRalph
01-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Is this the part where I tell you all about my black friends?

Suff, you are what you are.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2009, 03:16 AM
And how do you reconcile your map with the fact that @48% of the electorate voted for McCain??They were all racists, don't you know. And Ted Kennedy is one helluva swimmer.

RichieP
01-30-2009, 05:36 AM
first of all, everyone is a racist. You , me, the guy across the street. there once was a pure human being that walked the earth. perhaps you heard of him, went by the name of Jesus Christ.

The rest of us are constantly trying to leave our fears, stereotypes , preferences and bias's at the end of prayers.

So your "outrage' would get rolling eyes in my world. People I know, black and white work hard to be a fair person.

Sharp post Suff and something I relate to strongly.:ThmbUp:

Some days are much harder than others.

For myself it is a "work in progress".

hcap
01-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Enjoy the win you have now, while you can.Lefty although politics is in flux, the senate and house may be settling in for long term democratic gains

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/01/just-five-red-states-left.html

"for things like gubernatorial elections and elections to the Congress, the Democrats’ upside is very high, particularly if the party is smart enough to tolerate and accommodate a diversity of opinions within its umbrella. If party affiliation stays close to what it was in 2008, then giving the seats that are up for election, Democrats could very easily pick up another another 5-7 Senate seats in 2010, giving them not just a filibuster-proof majority but also a nearly veto-proof one. Party affiliation probably will not remain that way — there is typically a shift back to the non-incumbent party after the Presidency changes hands — but if it does we’ll have a very blue Senate."

Tom
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
With more and more people losing jobs, homes, dreams, it will not take long before the Obama-sham is exposed. Nothing in this pork bill will help people, and when they get hungry enough, they will eat this guy up.