PDA

View Full Version : Longshot Picks for Jan 28

Ray2000
01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
A little late on picks but many were cancelled anyway...

ML>7, Betting Win and Straight Exacta except Flamboro exactas*

Flamboro R3*.........913 Arts Mac 12/1 Kennairn Artiscape 6/1 Leo Hanover 8/1
Rail & Trailer box Exacta 19

Flamboro R8*.........914 Ima Tough Guy 10/1 Racino Magic 5/2 Lh Lucky Heaven 12/1
Ditto R3:)

Flamboro R11*........719 Philana Chalice 8/1 Totally Excellent 12/1 Donttrytostopme 5/2
Nice close from 8th to 'beat by a length' in last. Boxing 3 in Exacta (Not going to let the 1-9 beat me:))

Pompano R11.........421 Jolly Good Fella 8/1 Ty'S Blessing 9/2 Hollywood Best 15/1
Always close in the 6 Claimers, and I keep hitting on St Pierre
O how I wish I was in Florida, Raymond James Stadium in particular.

Windsor R8..........342 Rodaeo Raider 6/1 Queen Of Royalty 9/2 Jinnis Fantasy N 5/1
Is sharp, might get a bettable price, shipping in from Sports Creek

Good Luck to All

trying2win
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Ray:

I saw a post just awhile ago of yours where you listed your results after so many picks. As I recall, you showed a profit on some or maybe it was all your win and gimmick bet selections. I can't seem to find that post. Nevertheless, I wanted to add my congratulations on a job well done.

You've earned the right to brag a bit if you wish. Unlike a lot of new Pace Advantage members with let's say less than 100 posts, who claim to big winners without listing any selections over time or revealing some of their handicapping strategies ahead of time. I take their claims with a grain of salt.

By the way, are those 3 digit numbers in front of your selections from a commercial harness handicapping software, or your own self-created one? I was just curious.

Thanks,

T2W

Ray2000
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks, T2W

I use a self-created Harness "Picking Program", an Excel spreadsheet using Visual Basic Macro to look at the Trackmaster Programs, looking for certain types of races that might produce a longshot play.

It generates a "Playlist" of races with it's selections ordered 1-2-3. Those are the 3 digit numbers in my picks.

When I have time, I manually look at those races and some I toss out and others I try to make a comment if I like it and can see why the computer rates the Pick to Win so high. I don't spend a lot of time looking at pick 2 or pick 3 or the other entries.

I try to include a lot of different tracks so hopefully people might see a race at their favorite track and say "Maybe I can use that pick" or "That guy's way off on this one":)

Good luck with your picks.

trying2win
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
You're welcome Ray. Thanks for the explanation about your computer numbers. May your selections continue to make money for you.

T2W

------------------------------------------------------------------

~"Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time."

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ray2000
01-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Calling the box 3 Exacta at Flmd R11 was a bit lucky, (Gotta love wednesdays)

Flamboro R3.........341 no
Flamboro R8.........194 Exacta $16.70 (Tri box $93.30)
Flamboro R11........194 Exacta $96.50 (Wasn't going to let the 1-9 beat me:))
Pompano R11.........514 no
Windsor R8..........462 no

Win Bets $10 loss
Exactas $24 in, $113 back