PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl props

Valuist
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
After looking over some of the props, I think they are more interesting than the conventional side and total. I can see a strong case made for either side or total.

But one thing I can't see is Arizona really trying to establish a ground game. Yeah, they've run a little better in the postseason but they aren't going to run on the Steelers D. I think to have a shot at winning they have to air it out; it may be primarily short slants to the WRs to beat the blitzes but physical receivers like Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston won't be intimidated. And if they are losing, they will have no choice but to pass. Some of the props that look interesting:

Boldin over 5 1/2 catches
Breaston over 35 1/2 yards receiving
Warner over 39 1/2 pass attempts

I expect Fitzgerald to get all the attention and any possible double coverage if the Steelers employ it. I expect Boldin to get quite a few targets on short slants. As for Breaston, he could get overlooked. As the 3rd WR, he had over 1000 yards receiving. Warner's pass attempt number may seem high, and of the 3, its probably the riskiest. I agree with Ted Sevransky on Sportsmemo.com, who thinks the Steelers may struggle trying to run and will be throwing a lot themselves. That means more clock stoppages and more opportunity for Warner to fire away.

lamboguy
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
the best prop i have ever seen in my life was back in 1986. refridgerator perry to score at plus 8-1 for the bears in the superbowl.

yours seem pretty good too!

Valuist
02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I likes it at a clean sweep of 3-0.