PDA

View Full Version : handicapping software

green80
01-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Has anyone noticed that of all the handicapping software, no one has ever listed a win percentage, average mutual, ROI, etc. Even the black box type where there is no user input, never any win%. I can tell exactly what mine does. My win % holds true in 200, 500, or 2000 races.

jk3521
01-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Okay, I'll bite. Could you go into any detail of your system/ software ?

green80
01-28-2009, 07:11 AM
No sales pitch here, my point was I have never seen mention of any win% or other stat on any software. You would think that the makers have tested it and know exactly how good it is.

ryesteve
01-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Even the black box type where there is no user inputAnd which ones would that be exactly?

BIG HIT
01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi most software is a tool that asist you in your handicapping.In other word depending on how good of hdcpr you are would would give different results.And black box would be samething with out some comonsense you would bet blindly useing and have different result then someone who that use comonsense with it.
I may have different result useing your software be it more or less the most inportant thing is it fits your style of handicapping.

JCB
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Has anyone noticed that of all the handicapping software, no one has ever listed a win percentage, average mutual, ROI, etc. Even the black box type where there is no user input, never any win%. I can tell exactly what mine does. My win % holds true in 200, 500, or 2000 races.

How would we know that the test was honest?

It wouldn't help to sell the software if the test showed that the ROI was 85 cents on a dollar. So the sellers keep quiet about it.

Jeff P
01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Has anyone noticed that of all the handicapping software, no one has ever listed a win percentage, average mutual, ROI, etc.
Umm... no.

Having published extensive win rate and roi data myself I happen to know first hand the above is not a true statement.

You can find win rate and roi data for many software generated factors on both the JCapper and HTR message boards. I also know that Ken Massa (HTR) publishes win rate and roi data in his monthly newsletters.

In JCapper's case (Hey I'm biased) you can not only find win rate and roi data in the Benchmark Testing area of the JCapper site, the JCapper Help Docs and Videos, and on the JCapper Message Board - but you can find it inside the program itself in a module called The Data Window for virtually every factor - and combination of factors - in the program.

A better question might be:

"If a software vendor isn't publishing win rate and roi data for the factors generated by the program, WHY NOT?"

-jp

green80
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
ok, I stand corrected, Jcapper does have the stats on their website. I was mainly referring to the black box type software, where there is no user input. With user input everyone will get different results, and it would be impossible to compare, everyone would have different results.

Donnie
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Green--
one assumes yours is homegrown.
as Jeff pointed out, Massa hides absolutely NOTHING about the performance of his product. It's all right there either on the site or in the newsletters.

You left the door wide open, though, didn't you? Is this thread an intro to a sales pitch?

If you are making money, congrats on your success. If you have a decent win rate, but are losing money, ....?

JustRalph
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Caution: Somebody stepped in it................ :lol:

you can't get away with nothing around here :lol: