PDA

View Full Version : Speed to Spare

Marc At DRF
04-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Joe Cardello's new book on Beyer Speed Figures. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of this one.

I think it might appeal more to you than some of our other titles, the 2 or 3 that are more aimed at beginners.

Tom
04-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Marc At DRF
Joe Cardello's new book on Beyer Speed Figures. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of this one.

I think it might appeal more to you than some of our other titles, the 2 or 3 that are more aimed at beginners.

Waiting for tis one - is it out now?
I have a tape he did at the last Handicapping expo - he was really interesting and very much on the mark-as a player.

cj
04-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Its 128 pages, how many are charts, PPs, or other graphics? Still disappointed at the Charts book, hoping this will be better.

CJ

NYRAcapper
04-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Yeah Marc,

I'm gonna echo CJ's words on the chart book. You guys may want to let people know that book is more or less for beginners. Bought that book hoping to at least pick up a couple of good ideas to add to what I already do-----Think maybe I could add a few ideas to the book, I was kinda disappointed. Thats my fault though not anyone at DRF's so I'm not really complaining.
Well yeah I am but...............you know LOL

Marc At DRF
04-09-2003, 11:01 AM
1) Nick's Charts book is indeed for beginners, largely, or at least players who have never focused on charts. I hesitated to say that here, wanting you guys to say it instead. We have no problem with you characterizing the book that way.

2) Cardello's book is NOT for beginners, and has more content in it than Nick's book. It's still 128 pages/$14.95, but it's much less chart/PP heavy.

aaron
04-11-2003, 11:06 AM
I just finished reading Cardello's book. I found it to be very interesting and informative.If anybody has used the sheets this book will give you a sheet style of play without spending $25-35 a day.I particularly liked the chapters on patterns and cycles, and grass racing.
For me the book brings into focus handicapping hints that we all may know,but overlook.This book can refocus and sharpen handicapping skills.
The writer has a breezy style and does not pretend to have a magic bullet approach.Any handicapper reading this pick should be able to pick up some useful information.

Dave Schwartz
04-14-2003, 08:20 PM
I just got my copy of Speed to Spare and look forward to reading it tonight.

And I think this is worth mentioning... I ordered it on April 10th at almost 4pm and it came today, 4 days later. Not bad, especially considering I am a long way from New York and it went on a Friday.

I'd bet if yesterday had not been Sunday it would have been here in 2 days.

Nice service on the part of DRF.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz