PDA

View Full Version : LOST

mountainman
01-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I couldn't wait for the season premier, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The answers are coming fast and furious now, but many questions and much suspense remain. The creators revealed beforehand that this year would focus on the island's sci-fi aspects, and have at last confirmed the show's central-and long suspected- truth. The island emanates a strange energy that moves people and objects through time. I have wondered how far in advance past shows were plotted out, and how often the writers were just winging it. Now things are moving more purposefully. Obviously, they do not want to emulate the 'X Files,' another show based on the supernatural that teased a bit more than it delivered.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Since you brought TV up, I wonder if any think that the woman playing as President on 24 is supposed to be Hilary?

After all, back when the show was taped, HRC was the front-runner and the producers even picked an actress that IMO looks like ol' 'thunder thighs". And, what the hell happened to Jeanine Garafolo?? she looks like a dyke coming off of a 3 week bender.

I couldn't wait for the season premier, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The answers are coming fast and furious now, but many questions and much suspense remain. The creators revealed beforehand that this year would focus on the island's sci-fi aspects, and have at last confirmed the show's central-and long suspected- truth. The island emanates a strange energy that moves people and objects through time. I have wondered how far in advance past shows were plotted out, and how often the writers were just winging it. Now things are moving more purposefully. Obviously, they do not want to emulate the 'X Files,' another show based on the supernatural that teased a bit more than it delivered.

mountainman
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Since you brought TV up, I wonder if any think that the woman playing as President on 24 is supposed to be Hilary?

After all, back when the show was taped, HRC was the front-runner and the producers even picked an actress that IMO looks like ol' 'thunder thighs". And, what the hell happened to Jeanine Garafolo?? she looks like a dyke coming off of a 3 week bender.

I'm always late to jump on the bandwagon when a tv show becomes popular.
I missed the first season of 'Lost,'but bought it on dvd and caught up by the second year. And I must be the only 'Seinfeld' fan on the planet who never saw a single episode when it was still in production. (The guys in our office must think I'm in some kind of time warp, catching people by the water cooler and asking if they saw 'Seinfeld'-or 'Friends'-the night before.)
With '24,' it took me 4 (or 5?) seasons to catch the buzz and and consider buying the dvd's. My brother must be psychic, he gave me the first 2 years for xmas. I gave him 'Lost.' The Patterson boys aren't real quick on the uptake.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I think you will find 24 to be a very riveting drama; especially w/out the comm. breaks. This season seems to me to be starting out a bit slow. I guess H'wood is treading lightly what with Political Corrrectness and all that good stuff.

I've never watched "Lost". Seems to have a good following though.

toetoe
01-26-2009, 12:37 PM
cj's dad, SUH,

That sobriquet is the copyrighted property of Miss Nichelle Nichols, thank you very much.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 12:46 PM
cj's dad, SUH,

That sobriquet is the copyrighted property of Miss Nichelle Nichols, thank you very much.

What is SUH ??

Dave Schwartz
01-26-2009, 02:11 PM
And, what the hell happened to Jeanine Garafolo?? she looks like a dyke coming off of a 3 week bender.

Actually, that could be correct.

And I must be the only 'Seinfeld' fan on the planet who never saw a single episode when it was still in production.

That makes two of us. How could we be so obtuse to miss such a good show?

As for Lost, they better be giving up lots of info this year or else I am checking out. Did you ever get the feeling that it would have made a great 3-hour movie?

Dave

toetoe
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Just a feeble attempt at rendering SIR in Foghornleghornese. :blush:

mountainman
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Actually, that could be correct.

That makes two of us. How could we be so obtuse to miss such a good show?

As for Lost, they better be giving up lots of info this year or else I am checking out. Did you ever get the feeling that it would have made a great 3-hour movie?

Dave
Sure. They were real close to becoming another Xfiles. ( Where the truth may well have been 'out there,' but just not for viewers) They had better tie up all loose ends, or I'm going to be very dissapointed. One example would be that dude who warned Claire during the first or second season that her baby would be some kind of anti-Christ. Or that guy and girl who both got buried alive with that stolen fortune.

JustRalph
01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
my wife loves "Lost" but it only describes my mental condition every time I sit down and try to watch it......... :bang:

Tom
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
LOST......:mad:

I saw a news story about the plane that landed in the Hudson, and they were showing video in the background of the people on the wings getting rescued.
The announcer says,"The NYC Ferries have just done what the writers on LOST have been unable to do fro three seasons." :lol:

God, I hate that show....hate, hate, hate.
And yet, I am unable to stop watching.
Somebody Email me a bullet!

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 04:58 PM
LOST......:mad:

I saw a news story about the plane that landed in the Hudson, and they were showing video in the background of the people on the wings getting rescued.
The announcer says,"The NYC Ferries have just done what the writers on LOST have been unable to do fro three seasons." :lol:

God, I hate that show....hate, hate, hate.
And yet, I am unable to stop watching.
Somebody Email me a bullet!

Tom, be careful what you wish for !:D