PDA

View Full Version : Governor Blagovich of Illinois

dutchboy
01-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Local radio program ran one of his recent speeches and also the speech from the Animal House movie when they were trying to kick out the fraternity. Could almost think the Gov took the speech from the movie and changed a few words.

Very funny if you are bored and looking for something to do. Not sure if the Animal House scene can be found on YouTube. I am sure the Gov's speech is available.

BUD
01-25-2009, 07:15 PM
There is no way way they can get rid of this guy!! He is to funny if they have to they should just shoot him in the knee.. He's funny.

The 3 Amigos--
El Guapo- I think?

LutherCalvin
01-25-2009, 11:23 PM
If Blago was your governor, it wouldn't be so funny. Illinois is facing a 4 to 5 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT. The guy has drove the state into the ditch with his pay-for-play politics. His impeachment trial begins Monday and there is some concern that Blago is mentally ill- no laughing matter.

lamboguy
01-26-2009, 08:01 AM
he's pretty open about it now isn't he?

i have no clue what the evidence looks like against him, but he sure as hell knows how to play his hand.

in a way maybe we have learned something from this. the message is that our leader are in it for themselves and really don't care about their constituants.

mccain vowed to clean up this problem, and he got hoodwinked by his own political party. no doubt i loved mccain and am very sick that he didn't get elected.

obama says he wants to do the right thing, but to me he is just a smooth talker.

prospector
01-26-2009, 09:21 AM
this guy should be in the senate...
you get the government you vote for..

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 09:29 AM
honestly the guy is not all there. he equated the day he was arrested with the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, he said that he seriously considered Oprah for the senate seat.

BUD
01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
In all my years of work and education concerning peoples action --behavior etc-----He does seem to have---Ya a condition----But my guess from the little I see---His actions make ZERO sense----So my first inclination concerning him would not be classic mental health issues----But addiction problems since his fall from grace that have went into high gear and are heading toward tragic conclusions without help---

And of course the media loves a train wreck---So all get outta the way and let the chips fall as they lay...

Pay to play politics happen everyday everywhere---Just not on the Blago scale---

So OK I take back the bad nature of my post and leave the humor------He is really to funny----Anyone who looks like Jose Canseco---And says the things he says-----Is to funny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCC_i_PyEog&feature=related

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
He's the 6th governor indicted - 3 received jail time. How do these a--holes keep getting elected.

If I were an Illinois resident, I would be ashamed. As a Marylander with our own crooked form of Dem control, I feel your disgust. And, BTW, what the hell is up with all the murders in Chicage of high school students- 20 since September ??

If Blago was your governor, it wouldn't be so funny. Illinois is facing a 4 to 5 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT. The guy has drove the state into the ditch with his pay-for-play politics. His impeachment trial begins Monday and there is some concern that Blago is mentally ill- no laughing matter.

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
He's the 6th governor indicted - 3 received jail time. How do these a--holes keep getting elected.

If I were an Illinois resident, I would be ashamed. As a Marylander with our own crooked form of Dem control, I feel your disgust. And, BTW, what the hell is up with all the murders in Chicage of high school students- 20 since September ??

the great news is that the Chicago school chief is heading to Washington to head up education.

students would be safer attending school in Badgdad than in Chicago.

ddog
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM

You are IN Baltimore(?) and you have to wonder about murder numbers in OTHER citys, too funny!

ddog
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
the great news is that the Chicago school chief is heading to Washington to head up education.

students would be safer attending school in Badgdad than in Chicago.

You seem to get off on making light of the carnage over there.

I suggest you go over and try it.

Send your kids or grandkids to school over there if it's so much better.

Just for grins , how many car bombs went off in your neck of the woods in the last month??

How many days did you go without power or clean water to drink in the last month?

How many police were killed last month in Arlington?

ddog
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
honestly the guy is not all there. he equated the day he was arrested with the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, he said that he seriously considered Oprah for the senate seat.

the only diff between blago and most of the other state.fed pols these days is that his phone was tapped and some of the conversations were floated.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Let me try to explain this to you in easy to understand terms;

The persons being murdered in Baltimore are not high school children- that would be an unusual occurence. Those being gunned down are for the most part, drug dealers, drug dealer wannabes and low life scum bags who have no respect for anything or anybody.
Occasionally, there is a cab driver (last night) or innocent bystander killed, as happens in ALL major cities, but that is not the norm.
Actually, Baltimore is quite the safe city in the better neighborhoods- those areas where the folks work, pay taxes, and obey the law.

BTW- where are you?? I'm guessing California or Mass.

You are IN Baltimore(?) and you have to wonder about murder numbers in OTHER citys, too funny!

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
You seem to get off on making light of the carnage over there.

I suggest you go over and try it.

Send your kids or grandkids to school over there if it's so much better.

Just for grins , how many car bombs went off in your neck of the woods in the last month??

How many days did you go without power or clean water to drink in the last month?

How many police were killed last month in Arlington?
BS, I never talked about how good it is in Iraq and did not make light of any carnage anywhere. So are you saying we should ignore the shootings in our schools until there are no more car bombs and they have clean water in Baghdad?

If it wasn't clear I was making light of biased politicized reporting, which has magnified every single miscue or car bomb in Iraq, while ignoring the fact that that we have major problems here. where are the headlines about how bad the CPS schools are? why aren't these shootings on CNN and MSNBC? why wasn't it a campaign issue? why aren't there protests and marches demanding safety?

I wouldn't send my kids or grandkids to school in either place, if I had a choice.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
This guy D(umb?)Dog takes everything out of context; he's so far left of center he's lucky he doesn't fall off the planet.

My point is that it's a damn shame kids can't walk to school without fearing for their lives, and you're 100% correct about the media, they were too damn interested in seeing BO get elected that there was no time for news that would be damaging to the exalted one his Royal Highness from Illinois the great BO.

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 12:35 PM
the only diff between blago and most of the other state.fed pols these days is that his phone was tapped and some of the conversations were floated.
you must be joking, I don't believe that for one minute and I have a pretty low opinion of most politicians.

must you always be contrary to anything that is said? I mean really. Someone says that the CPS schools are not safe, you say well at least there are no car bombs going off and they have clean water. If someone says Blago is unfit for office, you say he is no different than all the rest.

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 12:39 PM
This guy D(umb?)Dog takes everything out of context; he's so far left of center he's lucky he doesn't fall off the planet.

My point is that it's a damn shame kids can't walk to school without fearing for their lives, and you're 100% correct about the media, they were too damn interested in seeing BO get elected that there was no time for news that would be damaging to the exalted one his Royal Highness from Illinois the great BO.
the situation with the kids being shot in school or on the way to school is heart-breaking. it shouldn't just be swept under the rug.

lsbets
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
cj-s dad:

How can you be sure he's left of center. I haven't been able to make enough sense of his posts to tell where he is on anything other than planet ddog. At times he makes skate seem like Shakespeare.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
He's either left of center or He's left the center, not sure which

Steve 'StatMan'
01-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Regarding the murders of High School kids in IL, it isn't happeing much in the schools themselves now amongst classmates. It happens more often outside of school, out in the community. Usually by gang members, who are more likely dropped out of HS than still in HS. Gang members have been killing both Public and Private HS kids. Very sad, reflective of a problem in the troubled communites as a whole, not necessarily a reflection on Chicago Public Schools, although that environment is still a difficult one.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanx for the explanation. So, it's more of a gang related thing that just happens to involve HS kids ?? great !!

riskman
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
ddog-Left center. I get the opposite. It appears that the dog is a free market advocate, less government intervention, but on the bedrock principles of peace, nonintervention, economic freedom, personal liberty, sound money, and a drastically limited state. Why is that if one stands apart or does not share your viewpoint they are labeled a Leftist?

bigmack
01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Does Blogo have a dog named Checkers?

G24ZZm4e4bw

BxeFMHyOx3I

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
you must be joking, I don't believe that for one minute and I have a pretty low opinion of most politicians.

must you always be contrary to anything that is said? I mean really. Someone says that the CPS schools are not safe, you say well at least there are no car bombs going off and they have clean water. If someone says Blago is unfit for office, you say he is no different than all the rest.

arj

YOU brought that up.(many times).
I just responded that to me it was a silly comparison.
I am sorry I didn't and don't think it has merit on any level.

No more than me saying that since Iraq has some car bombs it's not too bad if we have one or two here since they have more.

I think I said that the diff between blago and most is that his conversations were recorded.
Once recorded then snippets/inferences can be "floated" to make anything seem possible, any view supported.

There is much horse-trading that goes on implicit/explicit, to believe otherwise, well that's your right.

Not all horse-trading is bad, good things can come out of it for people.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
ddog-Left center. I get the opposite. It appears that the dog is a free market advocate, less government intervention, but on the bedrock principles of peace, nonintervention, economic freedom, personal liberty, sound money, and a drastically limited state. Why is that if one stands apart or does not share your viewpoint they are labeled a Leftist?

First of all, I have no idea how you can determine all of these qualities/beliefs/principles of his from the near unintelligible rantings and ravings of this guy. Left of center, right of center, down the middle, who cares where he stands? I certainly don't.

Re-read some of his posts and come back and tell me he makes logical statements. I'm bringing up violence against Chicago HS kids and he's talking about roadside bombs and drinking water in Iraq. Go figure that one. And that is EXACTLY the type of response the left uses when responding to staements or questions i.e. diversion. Iraq has ZERO to do with what goes on in and around Chicago high schools.

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
cj-s dad:

How can you be sure he's left of center. I haven't been able to make enough sense of his posts to tell where he is on anything other than planet ddog. At times he makes skate seem like Shakespeare.

ah ' the shaker was not appreciated in his time either!

actually was there a shaker or a group of them , who knows?

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
First of all, I have no idea how you can determine all of these qualities/beliefs/principles of his from the near unintelligible rantings and ravings of this guy. Left of center, right of center, down the middle, who cares where he stands? I certainly don't.

Re-read some of his posts and come back and tell me he makes logical statements. I'm bringing up violence against Chicago HS kids and he's talking about roadside bombs and drinking water in Iraq. Go figure that one. And that is EXACTLY the type of response the left uses when responding to staements or questions i.e. diversion. Iraq has ZERO to do with what goes on in and around Chicago high schools.

You are biased, I did not bring it up arj did over and over in regards to many prior postings.
So we agree given your last sentence but you are looking to dump first, that's fine.
be my qyest.

I finally replied that to me the comparison was of no value since I couldn't see anything that bound them other than rhetoric.

actually as to the left statement, that's exactly the type of thing lighties trot out when they are out of anything worth saying.

See how much that adds to anything.

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
BS, I never talked about how good it is in Iraq and did not make light of any carnage anywhere. So are you saying we should ignore the shootings in our schools until there are no more car bombs and they have clean water in Baghdad?

If it wasn't clear I was making light of biased politicized reporting, which has magnified every single miscue or car bomb in Iraq, while ignoring the fact that that we have major problems here. where are the headlines about how bad the CPS schools are? why aren't these shootings on CNN and MSNBC? why wasn't it a campaign issue? why aren't there protests and marches demanding safety?

I wouldn't send my kids or grandkids to school in either place, if I had a choice.

that you don't know of any protests or marches demanding safety tells me all I need to know of your concerns.

there are and have been those, you never were in one i assume?

Just hot air from the "safe-better" kind of folk I presume?

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM

I would hope that since you believe this that instead of looking to bama to do something about it or blaming the lamestream media that YOU leave your better-safe type neighborhood and lend a hand.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I would hope that since you believe this that instead of looking to bama to do something about it or blaming the lamestream media that YOU leave your better-safe type neighborhood and lend a hand.

Let me explain how I lent a hand. I raised 3 sons to be good people and citizens. they all work, take care of their families needs, they obey the law,pay taxes and in one case have helped to defend this country. I have no desire to leave my safe 'hood and walk into an area and help those who refuse to help themselves.

Getting off of one's dead ass and working is a first step to improving one's life style, and you know what, if one job won't do it, work 2 or 3, I did it and so have others. The worst that will happen is that you"ll feel tired but you will become self-sufficient and not reliant on a government hand-out.

ArlJim78
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
that you don't know of any protests or marches demanding safety tells me all I need to know of your concerns.

there are and have been those, you never were in one i assume?

Just hot air from the "safe-better" kind of folk I presume?
did you study obfuscation under Blago? you sure do have the same knack for it.

JustRalph
01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
DDog is a web spider that calls up web pages, records the talking points and spits out random replies based on a javascript

Tom
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
He still looks better to me than the dolt we have in NY - Patterson.
Anyone want to trade?

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
ralphie1.0 , i learned it all from you.

now where IS that kissy emoticon?

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Let me explain how I lent a hand. I raised 3 sons to be good people and citizens. they all work, take care of their families needs, they obey the law,pay taxes and in one case have helped to defend this country. I have no desire to leave my safe 'hood and walk into an area and help those who refuse to help themselves.

Getting off of one's dead ass and working is a first step to improving one's life style, and you know what, if one job won't do it, work 2 or 3, I did it and so have others. The worst that will happen is that you"ll feel tired but you will become self-sufficient and not reliant on a government hand-out.

admirable sentiments, all you don't know have no desire to help themselves.
ok, i gotcha' your work is done. I guess I am trading with the first and only self made man in the world.

I bow to you sir.

relax.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
did you study obfuscation under Blago? you sure do have the same knack for it.

you started it , kind of weak ending , but the lighties well they don't have game mostly.

cj's dad
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
ok, i gotcha' your work is done. I guess I am trading with the first and only self made man in the world.

I bow to you sir.

relax.

You are truly an ass - ignore button is on as of NOW !! AMF.

dutchboy
01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Y80ue92Ao

Animal House courtroom video. Sounds a little like the Gov a couple minutes in to it.

Pace Cap'n
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM

Now who could argue with that?

Valuist
01-26-2009, 11:45 PM

Doesn't Baltimore have a little problem with the murder thing?

ddog
01-27-2009, 03:11 AM
You are truly an ass - ignore button is on as of NOW !! AMF.

even though you won't see it, which by the way seems best for your blood pressure, i will say that being responsible for ones family is not the same as helping others not in your family.

I would salute you and anyone else for taking the family deal seriously, i don't know why you brought it into the thread in the first place.

That is not the same at all as what I was asking about.

It's my view that many people shed crocodile tears for effect and leave it at that.

To assume that everyone that doesn't live in a better-safe area couldn't use a little help , maybe even deserve it seems the bigger ass to me.

By the way, the iggy always seemed to me to be like the little kid that takes his ball and runs home.

later.

cj's dad
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Doesn't Baltimore have a little problem with the murder thing?

Please see post #13 - Baltimores problem is different than that of Chicago

Suff
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Let me explain how I lent a hand. I raised 3 sons to be good people and citizens. they all work, take care of their families needs, they obey the law,pay taxes and in one case have helped to defend this country.

Its no doubt hard to be you amongst the less accomplished folks.

ArlJim78
01-27-2009, 10:50 AM
thats a pretty low form of an argument when you resort to mocking someone because they're proud of the way they raised their children.

Tom
01-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Some people have no lower limits.
We just heard from one of them.
Mr. Know-it-all himself. Just ask him.

If half the libs out there paid taxes and didn't go to jail, it would be a miracle.

bigmack
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Its no doubt hard to be you amongst the less accomplished folks.
What's more pathetic; a drunk who's an asshole or an ex-drunk who still has a need to be an asshole because his need for attention requires him being a provocateur? In other words, just a stone-cold asshole.