PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Sponsor - The Capper - Handicapping Software

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Netcapper.Com has rejoined as an authorized advertiser at PaceAdvantage.Com.

Click here to visit their site:

http://www.netcapper.com/WebDemos/TheCapperWebDemoIntro.htm (http://www.netcapper.com/WebDemos/TheCapperWebDemoIntro.htm)

Speed Figure
01-25-2009, 02:53 AM
I think Gordon should do some camtasia videos on how he uses his program. I've when looking at some from HSH and RDSS. You really get a good feel on how they use there programs.

Maxspa
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
All,
I'm glad that Gordon Pine is back! I believe you'll be surprised and pleased with his "Netcapper" software. I purchased NetCapper in 2005, in fact I just retrieved the Manual yesterday, dusted the cover and reviewed the software's operation. The up to date version is much improved since then.
After downloading the two "DEMOS" on his website, one on the nuances of the program and its operation, plus one dedicated to "Spot Plays" I was impressed with what racing information the software can provide to the user!
Specifically, check out the "Spot Plays" section and read how the software keeps track not only what the Spot Play percentages to win are, but how the many races situations are affecting that particular play as well.
As in many software programs one can pick and choose the sections that makes you the handicapper comfortable. For example in 2005, I wasn't ready for Bollerud Bands, used for projecting "Spot Play" trends, but I am going to incorporate them now. Another option that I believe will be a winner for me is to use the various pace readings(ep,lp etc) that are producing winning ratings at my track. In this software they are up to date as long as the user downloads the result charts.
There are many facets to this program that I haven't discussed and to really check out whether this program is for you, download the two demos and see first hand what NetCapper is all about.
Maxspa

098poi
01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
This site is worth visiting just for the archives!
http://www.netcapper.com/TrackTractsArchive/TrackTractsArchive.htm

Maxspa
01-26-2009, 10:53 AM
All,
I would hope that Gordon Pine would discuss on this thread, the new facets of NetCapper!
Perhaps he is snowed in up in Utica, New York????

Maxspa

Maxspa
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
All,
The bands with which you can use for spot play evaluation are Bollinger
Bands not Bollerud Bands as I stated previously!
Sorry,
Maxspa

Maxspa
02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
All,
Here are some comments I made on the NetCapper board that can apply to any software!

I believe that one of the most important aspects of using any handicapping program is how one learns to use the software profitably. There is a common misconception some handicappers have and that is," I've paid for the program and now the winning horses will be there for me to bet + win on a consistent basis! Not So Fast- one losing streak will take care of that thinking. Again one has to be patient and develop a winning plan based upon the realities your handicapping program produces. Netcapper software can be utilized in many ways and you the handicapper can choose the direction. More importantly the software has the capability built in to evaluate your choices and keep track of your bets. We have the tools to move forward. How we devise a handicapping plan is where most handicappers fall short. Hopefully, I can add some ideas that some of you can use or get you to think of and share some additional ideas on how to handicap using this software.
I'll try to contribute to this Using NetCapper forum on a once a week basis, plus add to your ideas as well. Just so you know I'm doing this to get some positive discussion on using NetCapper software for my benefit as well as yours.
Maxspa

acorn54
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
All,
The bands with which you can use for spot play evaluation are Bollinger
Bands not Bollerud Bands as I stated previously!
Sorry,
Maxspa

bollinger bands are based on a supply and demand market in finance their use in a parimutuel market i don't see. it is like using apples to compare oranges imo

Maxspa
02-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Acorn,
If you would go to www.netcapper.com and download the Spot Play Demo or ask Gordon Pine a question on the NetCapper bulletin board a definitive answer will be given.
Now I, a rookie with this software, will try to give you an answer as well. First of all, there are lines on a grid that chart wins and losses of a given spot play. The lines are named as follows: Profit Loss Line, 2 Week Moving Average, Takeout line and Bollinger Bands. The handicapper has to learn when to bet by the movement up or down of the spot play- determined by the pattern of wins and losses. You learn to play when the spot play is hot and on the move up in the grid and stop betting when the spot play cools off. Easy to say but it takes lots of experience to use this process.
Maxspa

Maxspa
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
All,
I've included parts of a an article I wrote for the NetCapper Bulletin Board!
My reason for posting it here is for software handicappers (newbies and software junkies) to hopefully utilize some ideas that can be used for ANY program development. I have not been encouraged by Gordon Pine in any way to post this article. I am not encouraging anyone to purchase this software. It's strictly my contribution in some small way to help other handicappers who might use some of the ideas in this report!

We've taken a look at the NetCapper manual and it will be constantly referred to for information and help! The enormous possibilities this software creates includes: Betting Line, tote action, overlays, nineteen predictors, pace summary, breeding etc. That makes our job pleasurable in one sense and very difficult in another . Add to the mix modelling, an important handicapping tool, and you have several important mini programs at your disposal. Spot Plays, a part of the program that's important enough to rate it's own demo, adds to the handicapper's arsenal. Spot Plays are broken down into important categories giving one a chance to ferret out the winners on a consistent basis. That's the good news!
Now, we as handicappers have to determine what software sections will be in our "Modus Operandi" and that's not easy! This is a point where many of us fall short. We sometimes are so eager to make a wager, that we spend little time and effort creating an approach that shows merit. An old adage fits here," You can put in the proper time, thinking and practice now or you'll pay in real dollars later! There are many racing "Sacred Cows" ones that have been handed down by racetrack writers and/or by handicappers you've met at the track. A positive one, to quote was made famous by Harvey Pack," Never bet a horse that is being asked to do something in today's race that he hasn't done in the past." How about a negative one. "Never bet a horse coming off a sixty day layoff." My point here is, you have paid for this software, spent time finding out how to operate it correctly, isn't there a need to get to know what there is within the program that will give you the best chance to win.
How does one proceed to find out what the best way there is to use NetCapper? If you interviewed several users you probably would have many different ideas on how to go forward from here. You can be sure that it was a lot of work plus a great deal of trial and error. So I'll go out on a limb and try to explain what I'm going to propose as my attempt to use NetCapper. One needs a couple of months (G.P. talked and I listened) to determine the "Spot Play" validity, so having just a month of downloading files, I will talk about "Spot Plays" at a later date. I want to determine what is the best Net Capper approach you would use for each track! I'll leave you with a question that was asked in a Las Vegas seminar several years ago. "What's the worst thing that can happen to a horseplayer" "The horse player goes broke was the answer!" My Answer lack of preparation! I'll leave you with a sign posted in the track kitchen at Saratoga. You can eat your betting money but don't bet your eating money!!! How True!!!
Maxspa

Maxspa
03-12-2009, 09:39 AM
All,
For the next few weeks I will be utilizing the NetCapper program and discussing on the NetCapper board, one handicapper's opinion on using software! I'm handicapping four tracks, but more important are my reactions to using the software. Everyone is welcome and the weekly reports are on www.netcapper.com. Click on the grandstand section and you'll find the blogs. I believe the information would have the most value for new software handicappers trying to get used to and developing there own viable approach!
Maxspa