PDA

View Full Version : Future of Ohio racing

Ray2000
01-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Some may find this article interesting even if you're not from Ohio:)

also has Stock quotes for horse gaming sector

http://www.horseracingbusiness.com/help-wanted-in-ohiosort-of-437.htm

lamboguy
01-24-2009, 10:23 AM
the answer to the horse business are not just slot machines. that is just an injection like the stupid bailout bill that is going on with our country.

the answer is a very simple one no matter how you throw the dice. the horse racing industry needs more people interested in the sport. that is the only solution to the game, get more people.

the question is how do you do it?

the answer to that question is to build a solid foundation to the industry.

how do you do that?

the simple answer is to send a few harvard graduates over to japan to learn how they did it and simply copy the format.

JustRalph
01-24-2009, 01:18 PM
the answer to the horse business are not just slot machines. that is just an injection like the stupid bailout bill that is going on with our country.

the answer is a very simple one no matter how you throw the dice. the horse racing industry needs more people interested in the sport. that is the only solution to the game, get more people.

the question is how do you do it?

the answer to that question is to build a solid foundation to the industry.

how do you do that?

the simple answer is to send a few harvard graduates over to japan to learn how they did it and simply copy the format.

You might have a point generically speaking. But when a State is surrounded by Gambling and hundreds of buses roll out of Ohio every weekend to gamble in other States, it is no longer a matter of following the crowd. It is a matter of keeping Ohio Money in Ohio. End of story.

wilderness
01-24-2009, 02:30 PM
You might have a point generically speaking. But when a State is surrounded by Gambling and hundreds of buses roll out of Ohio every weekend to gamble in other States, it is no longer a matter of following the crowd. It is a matter of keeping Ohio Money in Ohio. End of story.

Perhaps the logical solution is to provide a VERY HEFTY luxury tax on the bus charter/tickets based on destination?

LottaKash
01-24-2009, 04:17 PM
the answer to the horse business are not just slot machines. that is just an injection like the stupid bailout bill that is going on with our country. ........the simple answer is to send a few harvard graduates over to japan to learn how they did it and simply copy the format.

I think that the japanese have got it right, as they put integrity, respect, and love for the sport first, and let the Greed part take care of itself.......American Greed has put other priorities behind that (greed), and I think that is what is ailing the horse racing industry in general.....The guys who are running the race-shows still don't get it......With the economy slowing to a crawl, they had better wake up soon, before we lose it all.....That would be a shame.....And I honestly believe this is the beginning of the end of racing as we once knew it, because the greed part has been in play for far too long, and I don't think the racing people care about mending it......Too Bad, I think......

best,

lamboguy
01-24-2009, 04:35 PM
we should get the message from the last eight years. we have seen plenty of greed in this century so far. not just here but all over the world.

basically what has happened is corporations got all the laws taylor made for them. what we got is banks going under, car manufactures going under, and a big company like general motors going bye bye as well.

if we don't straighten out the horse business real soon we won't have that either.

i wonder what this message board will look like if that happens? maybe it will be all politics then!

wilderness
01-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think the racing people care about mending it.

All the majority wait for is the NEXT bolt of lighting from the heavens to assure the continuation.

Extended race dates didn't save the sport.
Expanded Exotics didn't save the sport.
Simulcasting didn't save the sport.
Slots/VLT's haven't saved the sport.

What's the next miracle to put egg on everybody's face?